Interesting Article For Facebook Users

Baloo22

I truely do not understand why anyone likes Facebook. How cares about every little detail or brain fart of someone else's life.

One thing I have come to resent are all the LIKE buttons that have appeared all over the web.

Some people must have truely shallow lives.

• Like 2

I truely do not understand why anyone likes Facebook. How cares about every little detail or brain fart of someone else's life. One thing I have come to resent are all the LIKE buttons that have appeared all over the web. Some people must have truely shallow lives.

It is one of the ways of communicating with your family and friends and keeping up with some of the things that are going on in their lives while you are living on the other side of the world. Both my son and my daughter (and their families) are active on Facebook. My 5 year-old grand-daughter has a Facebook page (under close supervision of her mother.) Facebook is not inherently a bad thing anymore than this message board is. On both we need to remember we are on the internet.

• Like 2

I don't like nothin' and I like that fine.

Double negative.....if you don't like nothin' you must be liking something. And by the reading of your statement, you must like liking something.

I think he was aware of the double negative, and that was the ironic point wink.png

I don't like nothin' and I like that fine.

Double negative.....if you don't like nothin' you must be liking something. And by the reading of your statement, you must like liking something.

I think he was aware of the double negative, and that was the ironic point wink.png

Oh, my apologies in that case....I am on a slow one today....goof.gif

I truely do not understand why anyone likes Facebook. How cares about every little detail or brain fart of someone else's life.

One thing I have come to resent are all the LIKE buttons that have appeared all over the web.

Some people must have truely shallow lives.

If I Like that comment I would be admitting to my shallow life. Id prefer to remain in denial.

• Like 2

]The second is: "If you're not paying for it, you're not the customer. You're the product being sold!" [/b]

QFT

A lot of people don't get this. You're always paying. TANSTAAFL is the oldest concept in the history of commerce, probably going back to the first days of man.

Some companies start out with high goals - organize the world's information! Eventually they have to monetize. And then, slowly but surely, in the search for higher revenues and more value for the shareholders, advertising actually becomes the main business.

Why does Google give away Android for free? Because they want to show you some ads, and they hope you'll subsequently buy some stuff. You're trusting a billboard with all your personal information.

Facebook is potentially even worse as it seems like they'd know "everything" about you. Thank God they haven't opened up to Google for a double whammy. But right now the FB advertising system is so bad, one has to wonder...

Facebook tracks you everywhere with like buttons, Google does the same with +1 buttons, and you do not have to click on that button - it will work regardless, by default, in most browsers, with the notable exception of Apple's Safari. Guess why? Apple doesn't make any money from advertising so they've set the default to disallow 3rd party cookies (which are the things used to track you across websites). I am not saying Apple is "good" for doing the right thing - just saying they do this as it doesn't conflict with their business interests.

Chrome and IE allow you to turn this off, but have it on by default. I just turned it off in Chrome, the setting is buried in the 3rd level of the settings hierarchy. Who pays the bill, decides the music.