Gig Aces The Audition Thailand'S Got Talent

Chainsaw

She was a bundle of nerves and emotion but she held on and aced the audition.

Anyone in Phuket who has seen Gig performing will already be aware that she's a very talented girl. Seeing her trying to hold it together and then wowing everyone when they heard her voice was quite moving. I reckon she's got a good chance of winning.

If anyone can upload the youtube vid www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dpR-34-qfw

please do, as I don't know how.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hard to judge anything with the quality of that video but having someone who isnt singing justin bieber or crappy thai love balads might open some thai eyes to something better so good for her.

Not asking you to judge her, that's already been done by qualified people. Video quality seems fine to me, maybe it's your computer or your jaded outlook on life and Thais in general?

You haven't seen her live have you? Give yourself a treat next time she's performing locally. tongue.png

• Like 1

hard to judge anything with the quality of that video but having someone who isnt singing justin bieber or crappy thai love balads might open some thai eyes to something better so good for her.

Not asking you to judge her, that's already been done by qualified people. Video quality seems fine to me, maybe it's your computer or your jaded outlook on life and Thais in general?

You haven't seen her live have you? Give yourself a treat next time she's performing locally. tongue.png

It's not a treat when people sing other people's song.

Millions of people around the world with amazing voices, just like theres millions of amazing painters everywhere. But i still don't go to a showing of somchai's copy of a classic(neither does anyone else). Those Talent shows are just mindnumbbing waste of tmies judged by underqualified famewhores. Yet i still enjoy watching them. Probably have some sort of satanic backtrack in the opening credits

Edited by Hostile17

Certainly had a problem with the nerves, but a great voice when she got going.

Where does she sing locally?

In various places around Rawai and she's always in demand at the Yachtie's events. I'll try to find out where her next gig is and let you know.

Certainly had a problem with the nerves, but a great voice when she got going.

Where does she sing locally?

In various places around Rawai and she's always in demand at the Yachtie's events. I'll try to find out where her next gig is and let you know.

Just spoke to her, no bookings in Phuket at the mo as she'll be in Bangkok until the 10th preparing for the next round of TGT.

I've seen gig sing so many times now around the Rawai area, one thing that come across is she is so genuine and clearly thats what come across in the video, chainsaw is 100% correct and he knows his stuff, she's is a huge talent, for a Thai girl to sing in english and get it spot on takes some doing, give credit were it's due, she's just a local singer who works so hard who's got a chance at full filling her dreams, who'd want to knock that, i wish her every success, well deserved!!!!!

• Like 1

She is obviously very nervous when she begins, but does a good job of the song.

In the pre performance interview she gets emotional about something. Anyone who understands Thai know what that was about?

My lady watched and the general gist of her comments were that ..she left school at about 12 year old, and didn't have much education..but has the ability [obviously] She is part of a big family and they have no money and she wants to help and support them all..She has been combining singing and furthering her education to help ...[

She has the talent...just hope she gets the break she's looking for..

• Like 1

She is obviously very nervous when she begins, but does a good job of the song.

In the pre performance interview she gets emotional about something. Anyone who understands Thai know what that was about?

My lady watched and the general gist of her comments were that ..she left school at about 12 year old, and didn't have much education..but has the ability [obviously] She is part of a big family and they have no money and she wants to help and support them all..She has been combining singing and furthering her education to help ...[

She has the talent...just hope she gets the break she's looking for..

Cheers mate!

I don't bother with these shows anymore as the setups are contrived and it is a modern day version of throwing people to the lions.

It's all about ratings and selling advertising isn't it. Nothing is as entertaining as watching a meltdown, and sometimes the performers get a little push in that direction, don't they?

One show, they laud a performer, and the next show, the knives are out.

Appreciably, it is a chance for a quality performer to get some visibility and have a shot at something they might not otherwise have. However, the likelihood of public humiliation and ridicule is more likely, even if the performer is a decent person and has some talent.

These judges for X- Idol, X has Talent, The Voice, X- Dancing are marginal at best and some of their comments are cringeworthy.

That being said, to the lady, chok dee.

Edited by geriatrickid

I don't bother with these shows anymore as the setups are contrived and it is a modern day version of throwing people to the lions.

It's all about ratings and selling advertising isn't it. Nothing is as entertaining as watching a meltdown, and sometimes the performers get a little push in that direction, don't they?

One show, they laud a performer, and the next show, the knives are out.

Appreciably, it is a chance for a quality performer to get some visibility and have a shot at something they might not otherwise have. However, the likelihood of public humiliation and ridicule is more likely, even if the performer is a decent person and has some talent.

These judges for X- Idol, X has Talent, The Voice, X- Dancing are marginal at best and some of their comments are cringeworthy.

That being said, to the lady, chok dee.

My my, what made you so cynical?

So you think Gig may have been 'encouraged' to get upset like that? If that's true and she was acting I've never seen a better performance - Oscar nomination for sure.

You understood all the Thai judges comments? Tell us what they said, especially the cringeworthy stuff please.

If I understood her Thai, she told the judges she finished P6. I may be wrong.

That's why the judge waied her before asking her education level hoping not to embarrass her. Yes, P6 but continuing her studies now at age 32 - good for her.

If I understood her Thai, she told the judges she finished P6. I may be wrong.

That's why the judge waied her before asking her education level hoping not to embarrass her. Yes, P6 but continuing her studies now at age 32 - good for her.

Bet some white faced hi so wins it............... I still think its drivel mind, what happened to people who wrote their own songs played their own instruments and didnt look like super models?