Manchester United

redrus

39 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

You need advice from somewhere....and I'm not from oop north lad!

Oh. I thought Ronnie Pickering was from Hull. So you're not the real Ronnie Pickering then?

• Haha 1

mental paragraph from barney ronay in the guardian. sanchez looks a lot like mourinho, that he doesn't really want to be at united.

"And even now, looking on at his damp lettuce of a United career, it takes a few moments to fully grasp the numbers behind the highest paid footballer in British history. Sánchez got a £75,000 lump sum just for starting this game. He has to date been paid £14.5m by Manchester United. If he gets to January he will receive a £1.1m annual bonus, just, well, because."

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, StevieH said:

mental paragraph from barney ronay in the guardian. sanchez looks a lot like mourinho, that he doesn't really want to be at united.

"And even now, looking on at his damp lettuce of a United career, it takes a few moments to fully grasp the numbers behind the highest paid footballer in British history. Sánchez got a £75,000 lump sum just for starting this game. He has to date been paid £14.5m by Manchester United. If he gets to January he will receive a £1.1m annual bonus, just, well, because."

Sickening mate, But better in his pocket than our leaches of owners.

Hope we get rid of him in January gw us holding back Martial and Rashfords development.

• Like 2

Just now, StevieH said:

And I bet United was not his first choice and he'd have taken lesser pay to move to city. 

5 hours ago, Spidey said:

Oh. I thought Ronnie Pickering was from Hull. So you're not the real Ronnie Pickering then?

Yeah that Ronnie is from Hull, but smokie aka Ronnie Pickering is from "north of the wall" He's a filthy Wildling

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, nev said:

Hope we get rid of him in January gw us holding back Martial and Rashfords development.

I continue to be astonished at the extended lack of form of Sanchez. Such an exciting player in his first season at The Emirates and we all thought his deteriorating commitment was purely a want-away/want a great team/want more money hump. Unlike most Arsenal fans I had some sympathy for a guy i thought had a lot more entertainment to give the world of football. Maybe I was innoculated by the prior departure of Van Persie, who in my view was right to be angry at the lack of spending by the Arsenal hierarchy to make the most of his talents (Sanchez did not have this excuse in the same amount of spades).

I can't figure it out with him. Maybe he just can't cope at any club full of bigger egos in which case I don't know where he goes next. Too young for the US or back to his homeland. I don't celebrate that United have f888d him up or vice versa - just sorry to see his talent ending up as a small footnote in world football.

1 hour ago, Rc2702 said:

And I bet United was not his first choice and he'd have taken lesser pay to move to city. 

His first choice was City and he and Pep had "shaken hands" on it. Therefore, when they tried to start a bidding war (probably started by his agent) City and Pep immediately pulled out. I can't see Pep ever wanting him after that

Just now, mrbojangles said:

His first choice was City and he and Pep had "shaken hands" on it. Therefore, when they tried to start a bidding war (probably started by his agent) City and Pep immediately pulled out. I can't see Pep ever wanting him after that

Geezers got a broken heart.

44 minutes ago, SantiSuk said:

I continue to be astonished at the extended lack of form of Sanchez. Such an exciting player in his first season at The Emirates and we all thought his deteriorating commitment was purely a want-away/want a great team/want more money hump. Unlike most Arsenal fans I had some sympathy for a guy i thought had a lot more entertainment to give the world of football. Maybe I was innoculated by the prior departure of Van Persie, who in my view was right to be angry at the lack of spending by the Arsenal hierarchy to make the most of his talents (Sanchez did not have this excuse in the same amount of spades).

I can't figure it out with him. Maybe he just can't cope at any club full of bigger egos in which case I don't know where he goes next. Too young for the US or back to his homeland. I don't celebrate that United have f888d him up or vice versa - just sorry to see his talent ending up as a small footnote in world football.

I agree with you. I admit to really looking forward to him coming to City as like Tevez he has the ability 'to make things happen'. I rated him at Arsenal and enjoyed watching him so his lack of form at ManU is a bit of a mystery - i can only assume that he's unhappy with 'his lot' at ManU and is just going through the motions. 

14 hours ago, StevieH said:

Well done. You read a big newspaper. Now read one with some decent journalists in it.

Edited by RickG16

Just watched the replay and I'm sorry but José bottled it. We tried to play like <deleted> Liverpool. The headless chicken high press.

But that's not how you play against a Spanish side in the CL. You need to soak up the pressure and be cute. He knew that, but he bowed to the media hype of the players not trying, and made us run around like pricks.

Just now, RickG16 said:

Just watched the replay and I'm sorry but José bottled it. We tried to play like <deleted> Liverpool. The headless chicken high press.

But that's not how you play against a Spanish side in the CL. You need to soak up the pressure and be cute. He knew that, but he bowed to the media hype of the players not trying, and made us run around like pricks.

Valencia liked it too.

3 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Well done. You read a big newspaper. Now read one with some decent journalists in it.

David Conn,  who incidentally writes for the Guardian,  is one of the finest sports journalists there is.

If thats not too much of a grown up perspective for you!!!

18 hours ago, nev said:

Good points about the development of those two and baring in mind the club has made it abundantly clear that Martial is not for sale then they might as well do everything possible to let them develop.

The wages Sanchez gets is completely insane but when he arrived at OT he was a world class player!  What on earth has happened?

4 hours ago, RickG16 said:

it was literally called the manchester guardian. but then a proud manc like yourself would know that of course.

32 minutes ago, carmine said:

David Conn,  who incidentally writes for the Guardian,  is one of the finest sports journalists there is.

If thats not too much of a grown up perspective for you!!!

david conn, barney ronay, amy lawrence, sean ingle, jonathan wilson, sid lowe, all very good football writers at the guardian still.

but then yeah, i'd imagine the last thing friend rickg16 read had lift-up flaps so, you know.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, carmine said:

How do you fix a situation when the club captain has "liked" an Instagram post calling for you to be sacked?  Surely thats untenable without some action being taken?

stop all the players using social media and if they refuse shove their smartphones up their <deleted>.

Just now, carmine said:

How do you fix a situation when the club captain has "liked" an Instagram post calling for you to be sacked?  Surely thats untenable without some action being taken?

Complete <deleted>. He liked an Instagram photo of himself without reading the text. No offence intended, none taken.

Another attempt to s**t stir by the United hating media. Fake news.

1 minute ago, Spidey said:

Complete <deleted>. He liked an Instagram photo of himself without reading the text. No offence intended, none taken.

Another attempt to s**t stir by the United hating media. Fake news.

Well if you are right then yes that is appalling.  

Regardless of this i do think greater restrictions should be imposed on players regarding social media.

Giggs just stirred the pot big time no one else needs to do a thing now it is becoming real as everyday and story comes out with a new chapter.

The players basically have Mourinho's balls in a vice grip and only their actions can solve this.

2 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Giggs just stirred the pot big time no one else needs to do a thing now it is becoming real as everyday and story comes out with a new chapter.

The players basically have Mourinho's balls in a vice grip and only their actions can solve this.

What has he said. The only interview I can see in the past few hours is where he says the club should stick by Mourinho.