Manchester United

redrus

true he has a big love in going with city at the moment his team now.

but i must also add that west ham have brought through some great players through there youth academy and fair play to them.

sad that they have not been able to keep hold of them all.

peters moore and hurst all world cup winning legends.

but i must also add that west ham have brought through some great players through there youth academy and fair play to them.

True. Must be so frustrating to know that as soon as you've got some real talent on your hands, they'll be sold off to help another club lift some trophies.

Being a Hammers fan, it must get to the stage where you hope the up and coming talent from the Academy is good, but not too good!

If i gave a <deleted> i'd almost feel for them! Well almost. :)

maybe singhy has some deep down hatred for united.

Nah, Singhy hates all with equal measure.* :D

(*with the exception of those City boys) :)

I see you're trying to stir it again. What a <deleted> knob end you are turning out to be. Do you just come on here to try and stir it up? I remember when we just used to have banter in here with a good crowd.

Personally I've had enough of you Rix. So do me a favour will ya. Stop referring to me, I'll do the same and we'll keep a wide birth from each other.

maybe singhy has some deep down hatred for united.

Nah, Singhy hates all with equal measure.* :D

(*with the exception of those City boys) :D

I see you're trying to stir it again. What a <deleted> knob end you are turning out to be. Do you just come on here to try and stir it up? I remember when we just used to have banter in here with a good crowd.

Personally I've had enough of you Rix. So do me a favour will ya. Stop referring to me, I'll do the same and we'll keep a wide birth from each other.

You are one he_l of a drama queen Mr Boj. :)

Stated this more than once - i've got no grind to axe with you, but you obviously have with me.. I genuinely don't know what i've said that's upset you to the extent it obviously has. Besides normal banter, not once have i attacked you personally - and i certainly haven't lowered myself to playground name-calling.

Anyway, all by the by... the clearly don't like me and that's fine - the world keeps on turning, the birds keep on singing... and sadly for you i'll keep on posting on this forum. Do yourself a favour - put me on ignore and save yourself a hernia - and save me having to read and respond to your hissy fits.

Life really is too short for this <deleted> mate.

This post is not in response to anything that is going on at the moment and is not directed at anyone in particular in fact, is pointed at many even United fans (mostly young) that do not know their own history.

I have been searching for sometime for something that told a story I was told many times in my youth.

post-16343-1247944234_thumb.jpg

redrus

This post is not in response to anything that is going on at the moment and is not directed at anyone in particular in fact, is pointed at many even United fans (mostly young) that do not know their own history.

That is interesting redrus and i admit i didn't know, which i guess must make me either young or ignorant - perhaps both?!

I think the simple fact is that for many fans, as well as being ignorant of this bit of history, they find it the easiest term to use. If someone asks you what team you support, an anwer of "United" could lead to confusion, as could it if you answer just "Manchester" - what with there being another team of that name - forget what that team is right now but it'll come to me. :)

Accepting also that nicknames might not be clearly understood by all, it leaves you with having to use the full name, "Manchester United", which for this lazy generation is something of a mouthful they can't be bothered with.

So i'm interested to know how do you respond when asked the question red?

P.S. I might also add that whilst it's great to educate ManU Manchester United fans about their own history, you are at the same time advertising to the opposition on what offends us. :D

redi have always been insulted by fans calling us man u i hate it!i always correct people and say its man united.

but i remember in the 70s on the stretford end singing where the barmy man u army,so i must be a hypocrite stopping others using this term.

back in the 70s and 80s mainly cockneys used the term man u, liverpool would mancs,city rags(never used munichs back then as far as i can remember)

its very interesting that west brom had a song to sing about duncan edwards did they have any reason to hate him.

so all i can help you with red is i know we sang that song i am sure others remember it too.

nev

That is interesting redrus and i admit i didn't know, which i guess must make me either young or ignorant - perhaps both?!

I think the simple fact is that for many fans, as well as being ignorant of this bit of history, they find it the easiest term to use. If someone asks you what team you support, an anwer of "United" could lead to confusion, as could it if you answer just "Manchester" - what with there being another team of that name - forget what that team is right now but it'll come to me. :)

Accepting also that nicknames might not be clearly understood by all, it leaves you with having to use the full name, "Manchester United", which for this lazy generation is something of a mouthful they can't be bothered with.

P.S. I might also add that whilst it's great to educate ManU Manchester United fans about their own history, you are at the same time advertising to the opposition on what offends us. :D

man you doe not offend me one bit i just hate the term and it make the user of the term sound like a 15 year old kid :D now it is easy to correct someone i just say it is man utd mate! that is how i correct them.

i know scousers dont use this term much it is mancs,and city we are the rags,leeds we are the scum,i think it is mainy a cockney term and now a asian term,i hate it when on the telly you get commentator saying man u :D

Last season when I went to a new bar & restaurant here in Phuket, which was showing football on a big screen, I asked where the menu was. The sweet young waitress said "Oh they play late game, 10:00 I think" !........... :D

At least she was trying to be helpful. :)

Reason for edit. I forgot the quotation marks

Edited by LeungKen

Last season when I went to a new bar & restaurant here in Phuket, which was showing football on a big screen, I asked where the menu was. The sweet young waitress said "Oh they play late game, 10:00 I think" !........... :D

At least she was trying to be helpful. :)

Reason for edit. I forgot the quotation marks

very funny mate :D

P.S. I might also add that whilst it's great to educate ManU Manchester United fans about their own history, you are at the same time advertising to the opposition on what offends us. :)

No not at all rix.

I answer 'United', I don't often get asked 'which'....!

I'm sure they know already rix mate, they know already.

redrus

Ps; Cheers Ken. :D

Pps; Hearing commentators sayin it annoys me too, they're paid to know facts and history.

Edited by redrus

Jasus.............. Let it go son.

Carlos Tevez Takes Fresh Swipe At Sir Alex Ferguson

Carlitos still appears to be a little angry about his departure from the red side of Manchester...

19 Jul 2009

According to the Sunday Mirror, the Argentine international has insisted that Ferguson was the reason he left Old Trafford and he admitted that he does not know whether he will shake his hand when he next sees him.

“There is no mystery why I left United and Alex gave me all the reasons to leave,” said the striker.

“I did not play an important role in any of the important games.

“In the Champions League I didn't play, I didn't play in the derby.

“I tried several times to speak to him, to express my feelings, but the only thing he'd say was 'don't worry, don't worry, this is going to change'.

"He never gave any justification or explanation - I don't know if I will shake his hand this season.”

Tevez also went on to thank his Manchester United team-mates for all their efforts in attempting to make him stay.

“My team-mates tried several times to convince me to stay and that things would change,” he revealed.

“I'm always very thankful to them and we had a very good relationship, because we won a lot of things in two years.”

Yet, despite his colleagues' protests, Tevez decided to swap the red half of Manchester for the blue and he believes that he can win trophies at City.

“If I didn't think that City would win titles, I could have stayed at home with my daughters,” he added.

“I want to give the best to help the team develop and win trophies.”

Gill Clark, Goal.com

redrus

he is getting very bitter and boring, there must be a lot more to him leaving than is being let out.

maybe those massive billboards in manchester of him scoring for united,and welcoming him to manchester after he has lived there for 2 years has made his head bigger than it already is!

No not at all rix.

LOL - actually mate i'm not offended to be called "young" - quite the reverse. :)

"Ignorant"? - well not so much happy, but truth is i probably am about some aspects of the club. It's good to learn.

I answer 'United', I don't often get asked 'which'....!

I'm sure they know already rix mate, they know already.

Yes i've heard you say this before - that there's only one club that really is known as "United".

In this part of the world (Thailand i mean) i think you're dead right.

"United" it is then. :D

True. Must be so frustrating to know that as soon as you've got some real talent on your hands, they'll be sold off to help another club lift some trophies.

Being a Hammers fan, it must get to the stage where you hope the up and coming talent from the Academy is good, but not too good!

If i gave a <deleted> i'd almost feel for them! Well almost. :)

Quite the opposite Mate, the biggest buzz i get from WHUFC is when we play with 5 or 6 of our Academy Players..

If they go on to be transferred to top Sides & make it IE Lampard, Cole, Carrick, Rio, how really are we meant to stop them ??

We can't & we know it, that's the difference, we are aware that we're not the greatest Club in the World, we're aware that there are more successful Clubs out there & we're aware that if certain other Clubs come in for our Players, there's not a great deal we can do about it..

& Rix, if my attitude towards the Game was all about lifting Trophies, i wouldn't support West Ham Mate would i ??

But that's not my attitude, thankfully, as i'm a realist... :D

I'd be more p*ssed off i was a Supporter of " allegedly " the greatest Club in the World & i couldn't keep hold of the greatest Player in the World to be honest.. :D

maybe those massive billboards in manchester of him scoring for united,and welcoming him to manchester after he has lived there for 2 years has made his head bigger than it already is!

I think the message is Welcome to Manchester, instead of Welcome to Salford

:)

post-19542-1248012120_thumb.jpg

I think the message is Welcome to Manchester, instead of Welcome to Salford

:)

post-19542-1248012120_thumb.jpg

and that is a pic of him scoring against wigan to help us wrap up the title. :D

and old trafford is in trafford manchester M16.

not in salford :D

so why would they have welcome to salford :D

If i gave a <deleted> i'd almost feel for them! Well almost. :D

I'd be more p*ssed off i was a Supporter of " allegedly " the greatest Club in the World & i couldn't keep hold of the greatest Player in the World to be honest.. :D

MSingh, I agree with a lot of things you say, your examples are good ones and your club continues to on in its own way, producing talent. Thanks for a few of them.... :D

I find it hard to believe however, what you posted above. You know aswell as anyone, Ronnie since day one at United never denied his desire to play for Madrid, as yours was to play for West Ham maybe. His boyhood dream was never to play for Manchester United although, in doing so he freely admits is the worlds best player because of. There's enough baiting going on at the moment mate without that.... :)

Take a step back gents....!

redrus

We can't & we know it, that's the difference, we are aware that we're not the greatest Club in the World, we're aware that there are more successful Clubs out there & we're aware that if certain other Clubs come in for our Players, there's not a great deal we can do about it..

I understand there's not much you can do about it but for me that's not a reason to not get frustrated when the moment you assemble some talent, off they go to bigger things. That would piss me off no matter how i rationalised it.

And when you say that you are aware that you're not the greatest club in the World, my point was that if you could somehow hold onto your talent, you just might be somewhere close to being that club.

Anyway, i admire your philosophical attitude.

whu have always had a rivalry with united ever since 67 when united took there whole ground

Just to add something on what has become a bizarre thread in many ways. I was there when Manchester United hoolies supposedly took the North Bank. Watching it all happen from the West Side, it didn't look that way at all. I've never been a hoolie myself and have never condoned it. But just for the sake of accuracy ...

The fact that West Ham supporters in the main never liked Manchester United in the past was because it's a West Ham tradition to enjoy kicking the arse of the bigger clubs. For a long time Manchester United pissed off many -- other supporters as well -- because they were the ones who claimed all the coverage before Chelsea entered the dubious limelight. The fact that West Ham supporters regard Manchester United supporters as being "plastic" in the main is not only reserved for them specifically. To be frank, most West Ham supporters couldn't give a flying about Manchester United.

whu have always had a rivalry with united ever since 67 when united took there whole ground

To be frank, most West Ham supporters couldn't give a flying about Manchester United.

Liverpool, Ciddy and Leeds mate, no-one else really enters my train of thought.

redrus

To be frank, most West Ham supporters couldn't give a flying about Manchester United.

Liverpool, Ciddy and Leeds mate, no-one else really enters my train of thought.

I'm so glad we're back in your thoughts Red. A couple of seasons ago we was slipping down your hate list :)

I understand there's not much you can do about it but for me that's not a reason to not get frustrated when the moment you assemble some talent, off they go to bigger things. That would piss me off no matter how i rationalised it.

And when you say that you are aware that you're not the greatest club in the World, my point was that if you could somehow hold onto your talent, you just might be somewhere close to being that club.

Anyway, i admire your philosophical attitude.

Impossible though Mate, always has been & probably always will be because of one thing, $$.. :)

Of course i can get frustrated, i would of course love to see us win Trophies, it'd bring a tear to my eye but realistically it gets harder & harder & harder every Season because of a number of reasons..

But i do also enjoy teh fact that we produce some of the best Footballers in teh World regulary & that is also something to be, & i am, hugely proud of, irrespective of the fact that we can't compete with the top top Clubs where $$ is concerned & therefore ultimately keep those Players when they are playing the best Football of their careers..

Would be great, of course it would, but i'm realistic enough to know it probably won't happen unless we get some " Sheikh Apples & Pears " who i wouldn't actually want anyone as we may possibly abandon what we're exactly talking about anyway..

Vicious Circle sadly..

MSingh, I agree with a lot of things you say, your examples are good ones and your club continues to on in its own way, producing talent. Thanks for a few of them.... :D

I find it hard to believe however, what you posted above. You know aswell as anyone, Ronnie since day one at United never denied his desire to play for Madrid, as yours was to play for West Ham maybe. His boyhood dream was never to play for Manchester United although, in doing so he freely admits is the worlds best player because of. There's enough baiting going on at the moment mate without that.... :)

Take a step back gents....!

redrus

:D

Though that would get a bite from someone... :D

Not too sure how, in truth, a Portugese Boy would really want to grow up playing for a Madrid Club but you never know so i don't necessarily believe Mr R 100% when he give it all that one..

Just like when Joey Cole joined Chelsea & he said he used to stand in their Shed End when he was 10 & cheer them on, when it was in fact Terraced at that time..

You know what i mean.. :D

For whatever reason, Boyhood dreams or not, you could not hold on to the best Player in the World & sold him to a Club that will rival you next Season for the greatest prize in Club Football & there's no denying that, no matter how you shape it up..