Manchester United

redrus

Congrats to Chelsea. They deserved the win.

First half we just weren't in the races. Second we looked very different. It's been a feature of quite a few games this season. Not sure if it's to do with tactics or the hairdryer treatment. Either way, don't know why we can't play like that for the full 90.

Joe Cole's goal was sweet. Sort of goal that Berba would score. Speaking of which, didn't think that he did too much wrong. We know he can't lead the line and so the game simply proved what we already knew. I had been hoping that the manager would do something different, like play Macheda from the start, but i guess there's always going to be a degree of pressure when you have paid 30m for a player.

Re Macheda's goal, you guys who claim with certainty that it was handball must have been getting different angles to the ones i was seeing on my screen.

As far as the title race is concerned, don't feel it's all over quite yet. Chelsea have now installed themselves as favourites and as such will have a bit of extra pressure.

Anyway, we shouldn't be thinking about them. Let's just go out to win every game and see what that brings.

Chin up my friends. :)

I think Gary Neville is becoming a liability for United these days.He was shocking against Everton a few weeks back but is still in the team.He cost United a goal against Bayern and it was his job to pick up Malouda for Chelseas first goal.Also he should have had a penalty given against him in the first half when he barged into Anelka in the area.....and United do have a good young right back in Rafael.

Berbatov just doesnt fit into Uniteds style of play,I'm afraid and I think United are rueing just replacing Ronaldo and Tevez with Owen who is crocked anyway......Valencia is a winger not a striker,really.

One more thing to add in terms of disappointment about the game...

What was going on with our supporters? They seemed about as flat as the team was in the first half. Little of the big match atmosphere i expected and i think the team needed to raise themselves.

What was going on with our supporters? They seemed about as flat as the team was in the first half. Little of the big match atmosphere i expected and i think the team needed to raise themselves.

I thought that was the norm at OT,Rix? :)

Busy munching on their prawn sandwiches :)

I thought that was the norm at OT,Rix? :)

Not quite the norm mate, but known to happen yes. :D

Re Macheda's goal, you guys who claim with certainty that it was handball must have been getting different angles to the ones i was seeing on my screen.

Agreed, it did not hit his arm, it hit him in the chest between his arms, never a handball. Drogba's goal was however 100% offside no question in that.

I think Gary Neville is becoming a liability for United these days.He was shocking against Everton a few weeks back but is still in the team.He cost United a goal against Bayern and it was his job to pick up Malouda for Chelseas first goal.Also he should have had a penalty given against him in the first half when he barged into Anelka in the area.....and United do have a good young right back in Rafael.

Berbatov just doesnt fit into Uniteds style of play,I'm afraid and I think United are rueing just replacing Ronaldo and Tevez with Owen who is crocked anyway......Valencia is a winger not a striker,really.

Is Rafael injured or something, why is he not playing? Neville is a liability at this point, he has to bend the rules just to keep up with the pace; constantly shoulder barging, handballing, diving...he just can't keep pace anymore without using these tactics.

Rafael looks fantastic, Ok he make some dumb mistakes, but he's young, he'll learn and he's a 1000 times better than Neville at this point.

I think the left side of Chelsea could have been a weakness both Zhurkov and Maluda are attacking players, but SAF choose to defend against that, instead of exploit that defensive weakness.

Overall i think SAF got the tactics wrong. I can understand that we setup not to lose, but once we were a goal down the pre-game tactics should have gone out the window and there should have been attacking changes at half time...not on 70 minutes..

I think this game pretty much summed up the whole season. In big games last season we went out to win. This season we just go out trying not to lose.

We seriously need to buy a top striker this summer. Another world class striker along with Rooney, we really need 2 strikers of his quality if we want to win titles.

Top of the table clash, 2 1 down and the fans are leaving early, obviously had something else better to do :) .

Congrats to Chelsea. They deserved the win.

First half we just weren't in the races. Second we looked very different. It's been a feature of quite a few games this season. Not sure if it's to do with tactics or the hairdryer treatment. Either way, don't know why we can't play like that for the full 90.

Joe Cole's goal was sweet. Sort of goal that Berba would score. Speaking of which, didn't think that he did too much wrong. We know he can't lead the line and so the game simply proved what we already knew. I had been hoping that the manager would do something different, like play Macheda from the start, but i guess there's always going to be a degree of pressure when you have paid 30m for a player.

As far as the title race is concerned, don't feel it's all over quite yet. Chelsea have now installed themselves as favourites and as such will have a bit of extra pressure.

Anyway, we shouldn't be thinking about them. Let's just go out to win every game and see what that brings.

Chin up my friends. :)

In the game at Stamford Bridge,in which United were unfortunate not to get anything,the two players that caused us problems were Rooney and Anderson.I know about Rooney but what's up with Anderson,rix? Quite pleased to see that Nani was not employed at the start of the game to expose Ferreira's lack of pace.Ferreira isn't known for his attacking play but for half the game,he was very comfortable bombing forward.

I know about Rooney but what's up with Anderson,rix?

Officially injured i think mate, but a lot of talk about him and the manager not seeing eye to eye shall we say.

He tore up his knee about 2 months ago and is out for 8 months. Nothing to do with not seeing eye to eye with the manager.

Lackluster display. Neville was horrible. Guess signing Owen on the cheap (as a back up to Rooney) in hindsight not such a good move. Park backing up Berbatov? Hoping for Chelsea to score an own-goal were we?

Hope the rumours of us signing Rodwell and Milner are true cause our central midfield needs a clearing out.

At least we have one trophy this year :D:)

Definately not the end of the Championship race, certainly not with looking at some of Chelsea's fixtures ..

More twists & tuns for sure..

Yes i agree,but the fact remains BERBATOV is shit!

United are out in the open now,i always new an injury to Rooney would be a massive blow to us he is at the top of his game at the moment,Fergie did have a massive gamble this year but even he cannot disguise the fact we are short of firepower when Roonney is out!

Also Neville yes.... he has had his day,caught out a few times lately not got the pace to handle some of the wingers anymore and does resort to fouling to often.

It will be an interesting night at OT on Wednesday as Bayern are coming full of confidence and United will have to change something to beat them......like drop Bumbletoff and play Macheda and Diouf up front! i would rather us go out trying than put up with that lazy bastard sauntering about doing fuc_k all!

Looks like Rooney is going to be back for the derby on 17th April,one man team??? United? NEVER :)

Edited by NADTATIDA1

I know about Rooney but what's up with Anderson,rix?

Officially injured i think mate, but a lot of talk about him and the manager not seeing eye to eye shall we say.

He tore up his knee about 2 months ago and is out for 8 months. Nothing to do with not seeing eye to eye with the manager.

Yes you are right about his latest injury, but prior to picking that up he was pretty much fit as far as we know, but not being played. Something not quite right with him and the manager.

Guess signing Owen on the cheap (as a back up to Rooney) in hindsight not such a good move. Park backing up Berbatov? Hoping for Chelsea to score an own-goal were we?

Hold on a sec mate. Until a few days ago we were leading the league and with a handful of games left to play.

The Owen buy was never a mistake cos he was so cheap - it's not like we lost anything by buying him. If there was a mistake it wasn't in buying him it was in not buying another striker. But as i say, top of the league until recently and now just two points behind with 5 to play - i don't think suddenly questioning the team or the manager is very fair.

It's all still to play for. Stop jerking that knee. :)

Hold on a sec mate. Until a few days ago we were leading the league and with a handful of games left to play.

The Owen buy was never a mistake cos he was so cheap - it's not like we lost anything by buying him. If there was a mistake it wasn't in buying him it was in not buying another striker. But as i say, top of the league until recently and now just two points behind with 5 to play - i don't think suddenly questioning the team or the manager is very fair.

It's all still to play for. Stop jerking that knee. :)

That's my point, parading Owen around at the start of the year (with his knack for injuries) like he was gonna be the saviour should Rooney (as most have predicted) get injured.

"Not good value" was the term used when SAF was asked about potential additions. I know hindsight is 20/20 and yes we still have a slim chance at the league and CL but look at the facts mate, last two games how many chances to score and look at how we are playing - not to lose. Why not Macheda and Nani to start and bring Giggs (who is clearly not back on game shape yet) on later. Afraid of Ferrara and Zhirkoff playing like Ashley Cole and Boswinga?

Too conservative or stubborn?

Sorry, having to do with a cancellation of an event this morning due to the red scourge.

That's my point, parading Owen around at the start of the year (with his knack for injuries) like he was gonna be the saviour should Rooney (as most have predicted) get injured.

I don't think anyone paraded him round like a saviour or expected him to be able to fill Rooney's boots, i just think he was going very cheap and it was worth a punt to have him at the club, what with his experience and what with what he might be capable of coming off the bench. And considering what he managed against City, that proves the point and that goal alone surely was worth a good few mill!

I know hindsight is 20/20 and yes we still have a slim chance at the league and CL but look at the facts mate, last two games how many chances to score and look at how we are playing - not to lose.

But that's my point. You are making conclusions based on two games, and forgetting what we have achieved throughout the rest of the season. Need to look at the bigger picture and keep in mind we are still on for the treble. Don't be so quick to lose the faith mate.

I don't think anyone paraded him round like a saviour or expected him to be able to fill Rooney's boots, i just think he was going very cheap and it was worth a punt to have him at the club, what with his experience and what with what he might be capable of coming off the bench. And considering what he managed against City, that proves the point and that goal alone surely was worth a good few mill!

I know hindsight is 20/20 and yes we still have a slim chance at the league and CL but look at the facts mate, last two games how many chances to score and look at how we are playing - not to lose.

But that's my point. You are making conclusions based on two games, and forgetting what we have achieved throughout the rest of the season. Need to look at the bigger picture and keep in mind we are still on for the treble. Don't be so quick to lose the faith mate.

Not exactly< I am making this assessment based on the fact that we have lost 7 games this year - some pretty ugly ones at that and that the striker names "Own Goal" is our second leading prem scorer. :)

Not exactly< I am making this assessment based on the fact that we have lost 7 games this year - some pretty ugly ones at that and that the striker names "Own Goal" is our second leading prem scorer. :)

But it's an assessment you have only revealed to us after the last two games. You are right what you say about hindsight.

But it's an assessment you have only revealed to us after the last two games. You are right what you say about hindsight.

Not sure if you noticed Rix, the last two games coincidentally happened to be two of the most important of the year for us. Do you want me to go back to Milan away and say how lucky we were not to be down 3-0 at the half there? Tactics were / are wrong.

Fergies reliance on making the 70 min sub in hoping to steal it works fine generally against weaker (smaller) teams but too many times this year this has backfired. (lucky against city this year and lucky against villa last year). Luck has run out. Bayern tore us apart for most of the game.

I am not sure if you are suggesting that we have to agree with his every decision are you because of his record? Please don't cite the fact that we won the league the last 3 years and been in the CL final twice. Last year against Barca we got the tactics wrong and if it wasn't for a JT slip, we wouldn't have won that one either.

I am fan of SAF but would be nice to hear from him or Phelan - oops I got the tactics wrong.

That being said, I think we will do Bayern this weak and the world will be good again. :D

Not sure if you noticed Rix, the last two games coincidentally happened to be two of the most important of the year for us. Do you want me to go back to Milan away and say how lucky we were not to be down 3-0 at the half there? Tactics were / are wrong.

Fergies reliance on making the 70 min sub in hoping to steal it works fine generally against weaker (smaller) teams but too many times this year this has backfired. (lucky against city this year and lucky against villa last year). Luck has run out. Bayern tore us apart for most of the game.

I am not sure if you are suggesting that we have to agree with his every decision are you because of his record? Please don't cite the fact that we won the league the last 3 years and been in the CL final twice. Last year against Barca we got the tactics wrong and if it wasn't for a JT slip, we wouldn't have won that one either.

I am fan of SAF but would be nice to hear from him or Phelan - oops I got the tactics wrong.

That being said, I think we will do Bayern this weak and the world will be good again. :D

As much as i would like United to go through i think the second legs will be the end for both English teams but as i say, in Uniteds case i hope i'm wrong.

Surely there must be a better choice at right back than Neville :D

As much as i would like United to go through i think the second legs will be the end for both English teams but as i say, in Uniteds case i hope i'm wrong.

Surely there must be a better choice at right back than Neville :D

Agree - UTD legend he may be but enough is enough. How that wasn't a penalty in the first half against Chelsea is beyond me.

Hi.lads sorry not been on for a while i am having computer problem's,having to access here on my mobile.as for the team,put the defeats down to fergie for his selection's and tactics and playing giggs scholes neville in the same team,we can carry one but not all three,we still can go through wednesday,but no neville please.

Hi.lads sorry not been on for a while i am having computer problem's,having to access here on my mobile.as for the team,put the defeats down to fergie for his selection's and tactics and playing giggs scholes neville in the same team,we can carry one but not all three,we still can go through wednesday,but no neville please.

Dont have to convince me Nev, it's Rix with the one eye today mate :)

Also lads going khon kaen tomorrow to buy a new laptop,whats the best available around 15000baht,i read a article not long ago saying that prices have been comming down due compertition.to keep it football related utd 2 -0,wednesday night.

Also lads going khon kaen tomorrow to buy a new laptop,whats the best available around 15000baht,i read a article not long ago saying that prices have been comming down due compertition.to keep it football related utd 2 -0,wednesday night.

what's spec you are looking for? Mostly netbooks in the 15k range. jump up to the Thinkpad EDGE http://shop.lenovo.com/us/landing_pages/thinkpad/2010/Edge

BOTopic, hope you are correct but me thinks he will play the old 4 5 1 and try not to concede and sneak one at the end. Can't see it but hope it happens.

Thanks for the link james,i am just looking for to use the internet,not really a computer geek,i have a small dell,i have got the blue screen problem plus the charger not work,and no one can fix,i will take back to shop when i go back australia later this year.hence the need for the village.i am looking 14inch screen or more and 1 or 2mb of ram.dont worry james we will win mate we will be really up for this game!

That being said, I think we will do Bayern this weak and the world will be good again. :)

I wasn't commenting on tactics Jamie, i was contesting why having lost 2 important games, people are suddenly saying what a bad buy Owen was and how the manager got it wrong by not buying another striker.

The mistake wasn't buying Owen. The mistake was trusting that Berba was going to develop into the player we all expected him to be. He didn't. He hasn't. I blame Berba for that more than i blame SAF for not spending another 20 - 30m on another striker that might have been / should have been surplus to requirements.

That being said, I think we will do Bayern this weak and the world will be good again. :)

I wasn't commenting on tactics Jamie, i was contesting why having lost 2 important games, people are suddenly saying what a bad buy Owen was and how the manager got it wrong by not buying another striker.

The mistake wasn't buying Owen. The mistake was trusting that Berba was going to develop into the player we all expected him to be. He didn't. He hasn't. I blame Berba for that more than i blame SAF for not spending another 20 - 30m on another striker that might have been / should have been surplus to requirements.

do you mean , you reckon that you should spend 50-60 m on a striker that may devolop into a player you expect him to be , in order to win the league,

as berbatov was 30 and you say another 20- 30+

ps. that tevez fella was quite good, maybe ferguson didnt expect him to be.

what was it that "we all expected him to be" as regards berbatov

do you mean , you reckon that you should spend 50-60 m on a striker that may devolop into a player you expect him to be , in order to win the league,

as berbatov was 30 and you say another 20- 30+

ps. that tevez fella was quite good, maybe ferguson didnt expect him to be.

what was it that "we all expected him to be" as regards berbatov

Selling Tevez may well come back to haunt Sir Alex again this season....certainly Berbatov has faltered somewhat at United. But their real problem lies at the heart of midfield with Scholes and Giggs seemingly lacking replacement.