Manchester United

redrus

I can't help it...every time I look at that red flag I expect to see a maple leaf fluttering in its centre......!

Me no comprendo what you say? :)

Your red nosed gibberish reminds me of another frequent poster on this thread......capiche?

Anyway a merry xmas to you all....I suppose. :)

Spurs fans obsessed with us, and here I thought they only got a hard on for arsenal, west ham, chelsea, fulham... Must be all the snow.

Actually we don't take Fulham seriously but you can add Villa, Man Utd and Millwall to that list. :D

Anyway, merry xmas to you Utd fans. Hope you are dealing with the weather. I hear its freezing on the south coast. :D

Edited by carmine

B) Happy Christmas is over and let the games begin,really looking forward to the football over the coming week and hopefully we will see the RED machine start going into overdrive and edgeing clear of the also rans,hard home game today a win will be a good start to the coming new year celebrations,come on you REDS!

Top first half performance looking very hungry going forward again,rampant for 30 minutes could of got 7 again.

Berbatov yawning on the bench after being subbed was quality,the mans a genius! :ph34r:

30 million......leading goalscorer in the prem.Looking like Madrid and Barca will be mooching soon :D

And the Reds go marching ON ON ON !

Top first half performance looking very hungry going forward again,rampant for 30 minutes could of got 7 again.

Berbatov yawning on the bench after being subbed was quality,the mans a genius! :ph34r:

30 million......leading goalscorer in the prem.Looking like Madrid and Barca will be mooching soon :D

Lucky for you SAF has more sense. No sign of a new contract now is there?........more like Werder Bremen or my personal favourite Liverpool.....:D

Is Berba a good player now? Was'nt he a good player when he was assisting every other one of potatoe heads forty odd goals last season.? Prior to that was'nt it a case of not playing him properly, trying to change his game rather than using him in the playing style you saw that persuaded red nose to spend 30m on him? You lot me me laugh.....you just wasted him for a couple of seasons. :)

Is Berba a good player now? Was'nt he a good player when he was assisting every other one of potatoe heads forty odd goals last season.? Prior to that was'nt it a case of not playing him properly, trying to change his game rather than using him in the playing style you saw that persuaded red nose to spend 30m on him? You lot me me laugh.....you just wasted him for a couple of seasons. :)

You mean like Tevez? :D

Mate some of fergies decisions baffles us reds but you cannot argue about his success and record.

Thought we was excelent 1st half.

Berba isn't a good player now. He's never been a good player. What he is, is a genius, and one who turns it on and turns it off, dependent on mood, weather, time of the day and alignment of moon. Blaming Fergie or blaming the system, for all those games when he's contributed sod all, bar arms held aloft in dismay alternating with hands on hips in disgust, is being awfully generous to one man and awfully harsh on another. Spread that Christmas lovin' spirit a bit more evenly. wink.gif

Berba isn't a good player now. He's never been a good player. What he is, is a genius, and one who turns it on and turns it off, dependent on mood, weather, time of the day and alignment of moon. Blaming Fergie or blaming the system, for all those games when he's contributed sod all, bar arms held aloft in dismay alternating with hands on hips in disgust, is being awfully generous to one man and awfully harsh on another. Spread that Christmas lovin' spirit a bit more evenly. wink.gif

:clap2: Well said...I couldn't agree more.

I have to agree with you smokie i would of liked to have seen Tevez picked more often when he was with us,but if you go back 2/3 seasons ago the attacking players we had was scarey and i would of liked to have seen Tevez started with Berbatov in the one season they had together more often(08/09),i think they would of been a great partnership,but with Ronaldo Rooney Giggs Scholes and Park to choose from it was a hard job for the main man keeping them all happy hence Tevez spitting the dummy out.

That one season they did play together we won the Premier league,the league cup got knocked out in the semi-final on Pens in the FA cup and lost to Barca in the final of the Champions League which both Tevez and Berbatov where on the bench.

Berbatov is a genius and Tevez is a grafter with the magic touch.

:clap2: Well said...I couldn't agree more.

I could'nt agree less smokie. Berba was consistently superb for us. Rix's arguement is flawed but nonetheless a good excuse as to why they don't "consistently" get the best out of him.

And erhh....peace and love Rix.......merry christmas and all that mate....

I could'nt agree less smokie. Berba was consistently superb for us. Rix's arguement is flawed but nonetheless a good excuse as to why they don't "consistently" get the best out of him.

I don't think arguing a player's form has something to do with the player themself is flawed at all. Yes, there are contributing factors that can affect how well a player plays, such as formation, tactics, etc, but these factors don't turn great players into crap players; that's 90% their own work.

I don't think arguing a player's form has something to do with the player themself is flawed at all. Yes, there are contributing factors that can affect how well a player plays, such as formation, tactics, etc, but these factors don't turn great players into crap players; that's 90% their own work.

So we can take it that at Spurs, he was always in a good mood, the weather was great and the moon was always in the right place :o:D

So we can take it that at Spurs, he was always in a good mood, the weather was great and the moon was always in the right place :o:D

;):D My thoughts entirely Alfredo...

Aye you lot can laugh....I really fell for the global warming mumbojumbo....:o:(

Mate some of fergies decisions baffles us reds but you cannot argue about his success and record.

Thought we was excelent 1st half.

I am a huge admirer of red nose nev, but no manager can get it right all of the time.

[

Aye you lot can laugh....I really fell for the global warming mumbojumbo....:o:(

Perhaps he just doesn't like the North, it is after all grim up there 15.gif.

Nah he just has to be the star of the show...and he can be now with the preening portuguese having jumped ship, the bubble that's potatohead having burst and the senior citizens collecting their bus pass

Errrh, and they are top of the league mate....;):)

Nah he just has to be the star of the show...and he can be now with the preening portuguese having jumped ship, the bubble that's potatohead having burst and the senior citizens collecting their bus pass

Errrh, and they are top of the league mate....;):)

?? Think you misunderstood me. All I'm saying is his name is a shoe in on the team sheet these days. ;)

As Smokie alludes to, ego and confidence play a big part in how a guy like him performs on any given day.

If his crap performances were the fault of the manager and the system, as you believe, how exactly do you explain games when the system has remained the same but his performance in them respectively has gone from sublime to very poor. Who you gonna blame for that? All the other players on the pitch? The groundsman? The tea lady perhaps? If Berba is ever in need of a new agent, he now knows where to turn.

Edited by rixalex

As Smokie alludes to, ego and confidence play a big part in how a guy like him performs on any given day.

If his crap performances were the fault of the manager and the system, as you believe, how exactly do you explain games when the system has remained the same but his performance in them respectively has gone from sublime to very poor. Who you gonna blame for that? All the other players on the pitch? The groundsman? The tea lady perhaps? If Berba is ever in need of a new agent, he now knows where to turn.

I think you are getting too wrapped up in this. All were really saying is that it seems Tottenham were able to get a lot more out of him on a consistent basis. Thats it, and like it or not that was the case.

I think you are getting too wrapped up in this. All were really saying is that it seems Tottenham were able to get a lot more out of him on a consistent basis. Thats it, and like it or not that was the case.

especially when they were losing 4-2 at home. ;)

And i am not disputing that he was more consistent in the two seasons he had with you, i'm disputing the reason why.

You were laying the blame at the feet of our manager, whilst i believe in it having far more to do with the player himself. When he arrived at Spurs he was new to the Premier League and was hungry to prove himself... and he did.

Then, being courted for so long by United, and being fought over, before eventually being finally signed, i think he felt he had truly arrived as a star, and that just turning up and knocking in the occasional wonder goal would suffice. When he realized that it wouldn't, and when it dawned on him that he might actually have a fight on his hands to start games, i think it affected him and the way that he plays, making him at times moody, tetchy and lazy - a side of his personality that i;m sure was always there but perhaps you were lucky to see little of. Maybe had you refused to sell him and had he stayed on for another season, you would have got a taste of it for yourselves. Consider yourselves lucky!

biggrin.gif

Berbatov at spurs 70 games 27 goals at united 78 games 34 goals a very simular average i would say, yes he did score 5 in one game i know.

He is starting to really get in to gear now and seams to be playing with a smile on his face maybe all his problems are behind him and he can just enjoy playing football again.