Manchester United

redrus

Back to the early mornings or late nights,just how do you find out whats happening with CL scheduling ?

Think there will be hopefully a little more intensity from United tonight.

Expect Evra wil be back,he's on notice. Can't see Rio backing up 2 games in a few days is beyond him so Evans in and surely Valencia,VP and Kagawa back.Just hope Wellbeck is not out on the left flank ,not his go at all. Seems SAF has decided to rotate the keepers ,thought Lindegard was very good against Wigan not that he had a huge workload

Back to the early mornings or late nights,just how do you find out whats happening with CL scheduling ?

Think there will be hopefully a little more intensity from United tonight.

Expect Evra wil be back,he's on notice. Can't see Rio backing up 2 games in a few days is beyond him so Evans in and surely Valencia,VP and Kagawa back.Just hope Wellbeck is not out on the left flank ,not his go at all. Seems SAF has decided to rotate the keepers ,thought Lindegard was very good against Wigan not that he had a huge workload

If you want to know kick off times, go to www.liveonsat,com and set the clock on that page (top right) to your local time.

Games always kick off at 19:45 in the UK, except for a few early ones in the Russian steppes when it gets like a million below zero by 6pm.

I see that arrogant, cheating, diving, horrible git nani tried to be a cocky git again last night. When is he going to realise he isn't as good as his peanut sized brain thinks he is.

yea he is frustrating - i am sure he got a good hair dryer for that penalty take. speaking of arrogant, i didnt see balotelli anywhere in your match, hurt ? suspended? of coaches choice?

I can see him being sold in the january transfer window whistling.gifwhistling.gif

Champions League Spotty herberts! United's third penalty miss in a row leaves Ferguson fuming.

Reds boss wanted van Persie rather than Nani to take the responsibility against Galatasaray - and vows to nominate who'll have the job on Sunday at Anfield,

Alex Ferguson vowed to sort out his Manchester United's penalty-taking shambles after they scraped to a 1-0 victory over Galatasaray.

Nani missed United's third successive spot-kick on a night when Fergie became the first manager to reach 100 Champions League wins.

He wanted Robin van Persie to take it and will nominate a penalty taker before Sunday's clash with Liverpool.

"To be honest with you, I have no idea why Nani took it," said the United manager. "I think Nani just ran and grabbed the ball.

"We missed so many chances in the second half, that was the worrying part.

"Missing the penalty just after half-time still keeps them in the game. If it goes 2-0 at that stage, it would have been very difficult for them to get back."

Galatasaray should have had at least one penalty and hit the bar and Ferguson was relieved to make a winning start after last season's Champions League failure.

"Obviously after the experience of last season, which was unusual for us, the result was the most important thing," he said.

"We're satisfied to get the result that got us three points and the result with Braga losing at home to Cluj, makes it an interesting second game against Cluj."

He added: "I think I've won 100 games because I've been here the longest!"

Fergie was also pleased by the great reception Darren Fletcher received when he made his return after 10 months out with a serious bowel condition.

"I think the support recognised what a tough time he's had for the last year," he said.

"I think that was a mark of respect, they gave him a marvellous ovation.

"Being out of the game for a year, it took quite a few minutes to really get going. He did one or two good things, but he can only get better after tonight."

"I thought Robin should have taken it, to be honest with you. I think we will have to decide before the game, which is my fault, I should have done that.

Source : http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manchester-uniteds-third-missed-penalty-1333481

Man U should sign a 'designated penalty taker'......someone who has the ability to put the ball in the back of the net from 12 yards, without doing the samba before kicking it.

Sorry, carry on chaps.

yea, i save give evra a chance to take penalties, only way he will ever score for us. whats with these guys, RVP's chilly dip and now Nani's stumbled once upon. Maybe Captain can take it - just run up there and dive at it and head it in

• Like 1

Maybe Captain can take it - just run up there and dive at it and head it in

Love it laugh.png

I can't remember so many missed penalties. It used to be that a penalty was 95% certain goal, now it's the other way around fans are holding their breath.

I think we bribed the ref last night not to award us penalties tbh.

Love it laugh.png

I can't remember so many missed penalties. It used to be that a penalty was 95% certain goal, now it's the other way around fans are holding their breath.

All a player has to do is hit a sq mtr area in the top hand corners of the goal and bobs your uncle fannys your aunt, if a player on 50 grand + a week cant hit them areas then there is something wrong !

True bought the tv rights from this season on and i am surprised that channel 9 is showing a game?

I think the clock thing is because of the highlights cutting/editing but this day and age you would of thought they had ways to sort that out?

It is English commentary on True but will not be on channel 9

I will just have to where my Tag tonight and feel the Fergie pulse in injury time ahhhhhh!! clap2.gif

FYI, the Arsenal game was on Channel 9 the previous evening and had the same English comentators as on True

Difficult to decide who played the worst, Chelsea or Man U last night. I think Chelsea just shaded it because no one played to their ability level. For Man U De Gea, Evans and Vidic had a good game.

The European games showed that we should be fairly sceptical about the propoganda the Sky Sports commentators spout about us having the best league in the world. We have some excellent mid-tablers like Stoke, Sunderland and Newcastle, but Im not convinced that we are as good as we crack ourselves up to be and there are some good teams out there in the non-obvious leagues.

Edit: woops - forgot Oscar. But hois cameo brilliance was dwarfed by the crapness of Hazard, Torres and Mikel.

Edited by SantiSuk

True bought the tv rights from this season on and i am surprised that channel 9 is showing a game?

I think the clock thing is because of the highlights cutting/editing but this day and age you would of thought they had ways to sort that out?

It is English commentary on True but will not be on channel 9

I will just have to where my Tag tonight and feel the Fergie pulse in injury time ahhhhhh!! clap2.gif

FYI, the Arsenal game was on Channel 9 the previous evening and had the same English comentators as on True

They had dual commentary thumbsup.gif

Love it laugh.png

All a player has to do is hit a sq mtr area in the top hand corners of the goal and bobs your uncle fannys your aunt, if a player on 50 grand + a week cant hit them areas then there is something wrong !

Indeed. Or failing that, if you are lacking confidence, why not hit hard slap bang down the centre. Chances of the keeper staying rooted to the spot seem slim.

Couldn't believe it when Nani stepped up. Remember him doing exactly the same thing a year or two back. Same sort of situation. He had had quite a few good chances to score, but hadn't been able to, and wanted to get on the score sheet the easy way - or the supposedly easy way!

As James said, a very messy game really. We were very lucky to get away with quite a few challenges, but same goes for the other team.

Shouldn't be struggling to finish off a team like that playing at home. Maybe in Turkey you could understand it. Not at OT. Bit worrying. Still, 3 points is 3 points.

Will have to sharpen things up. Hopefully that sharpening will begin this weekend. Any word on Rooney? Heard he was close to match fitness - well i say match fitness, i mean the level of match fitness he started the season with, which wasn't a lot. Personally i hope he isn't rushed back. Reckon they should send him off to boot camp for a month.

"Dear Supporter,

"The great support you gave the team here last season has seen our allocation back up to near-full levels. I want you to continue that progress today.

"But today is about much more than not blocking gangways. Today is about thinking hard about what makes United the best club in the world.

"Our rivalry with Liverpool is based on a determination to come out on top - a wish to see us crowned the best against a team that held that honour for so long.

"It cannot and should never be based on personal hatred. Just ten days ago, we heard the terrible, damning truth about the deaths of 96 fans who went to watch their team try and reach the FA Cup final and never came back.

"What happened to them should wake the conscience of everyone connected with the game.

"Our great club stands with our great neighbours Liverpool today to remember that loss and pay tribute to their campaign for justice. I know I can count on you to stand with us in the best traditions of the best fans in the game.

"Yours sincerely, Sir Alex Ferguson."

Edited by MrRed
  • Like 1

"Dear Supporter,

"The great support you gave the team here last season has seen our allocation back up to near-full levels. I want you to continue that progress today.

"But today is about much more than not blocking gangways. Today is about thinking hard about what makes United the best club in the world.

"Our rivalry with Liverpool is based on a determination to come out on top - a wish to see us crowned the best against a team that held that honour for so long.

"It cannot and should never be based on personal hatred. Just ten days ago, we heard the terrible, damning truth about the deaths of 96 fans who went to watch their team try and reach the FA Cup final and never came back.

"What happened to them should wake the conscience of everyone connected with the game.

"Our great club stands with our great neighbours Liverpool today to remember that loss and pay tribute to their campaign for justice. I know I can count on you to stand with us in the best traditions of the best fans in the game.

"Yours sincerely, Sir Alex Ferguson."

Nicely put Fergie. thumbsup.gif

Let's play football & enjoy a bit of friendly banter.

Shelvey's tackle was extermely dangerous and he deserved the Red card,end of story.

Johnson clearly pushed Valencia in the back,defo penalty.

Great to beat the mickeys in there own backyard biggrin.png especially when we play <deleted>.

Shelvey's tackle was extermely dangerous and he deserved the Red card,end of story.

Great to beat the mickeys in there own backyard biggrin.png especially when we play <deleted>.

Mate, great to get the 3 points, thought the ref had a decent game, did not fall for cheating Suarez antics, got most of the major decisions spot on, but alas the Abu nation up in arms when united get decisions, hey but whats new.

• Like 1

The Scousers are up in arms but it was a clear red and a clear pen.

I was laughing so hard I nearly had an accident in me pants especially at the Scouser who did a circuit of the pub when Gerrard scored then spent the rest of the time screaming at the telly. I'm not even a red, I just dislike Liverpool immensely, and this has made my day, nay weekend.

Liverpool must be ruing letting Carroll go. Championship footie for Anfield next year...

• Like 2

The Scousers are up in arms but it was a clear red and a clear pen.

I was laughing so hard I nearly had an accident in me pants especially at the Scouser who did a circuit of the pub when Gerrard scored then spent the rest of the time screaming at the telly. I'm not even a red, I just dislike Liverpool immensely, and this has made my day, nay weekend.

Liverpool must be ruing letting Carroll go. Championship footie for Anfield next year...

The only thing I can think of when I read this post is that you must have had at least 10 pints before the game started, and then was sat at the back of the pub with an unclear view of the TV AND you left your specs at homeohmy.png

Mate, great to get the 3 points, thought the ref had a decent game, did not fall for cheating Suarez antics, got most of the major decisions spot on, but alas the Abu nation up in arms when united get decisions, hey but whats new.

I love you United boys!! "GOT MOST OF THE MAJOR DECISIONS RIGHT"

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif Daft as brushes the lot of you!!laugh.png