Manchester United

redrus

I see you had to rent out your stadium yesterday for some extra cash. Fancy letting Rugby play on your pitch at this time of year, when the grass is slow to grow and and damage is difficult to repair.

I think we have been doing it for years wink.png Eastlands would be a better venue i agree.

I see you had to rent out your stadium yesterday for some extra cash. Fancy letting Rugby play on your pitch at this time of year, when the grass is slow to grow and and damage is difficult to repair.

I think we have been doing it for years wink.png Eastlands would be a better venue i agree.

They have been indeed. I was at OT for the 2006 final, when Hull were sadly trounced by St Helens in the second half.

The warm bud and crap hotdogs are a lasting memory....

They have been indeed. I was at OT for the 2006 final, when Hull were sadly trounced by St Helens in the second half.

In that case it's no wonder that over the years, United have had a cr4p pitch many times towards the end of the season and on many occasion have had to relay the pitch.

Pussy ......2 litre coke bottle 50%Vodka is the way or depart to the boozer at half time and watch the rest of the match on the telly biggrin.png

Southern softies w00t.gif

Started drinking at 9am mate....so memories are hazy enough.....my mate slept all through the second half mind...so the pub might have been a better move! laugh.png

In that case it's no wonder that over the years, United have had a cr4p pitch many times towards the end of the season and on many occasion have had to relay the pitch.

At OT money comes a straight first to football. I doubt any on here would disagree with that, whether they like it or not.

We don't like divits and bumps on our pitch as it interferes with our graceful, majestic like, free flowing, passing.

We don't like divits and bumps on our pitch as it interferes with our graceful, majestic like, free flowing, passing.

Careful in the desert mate....you don't want to be throwing your water bottle away now! tongue.png

Rooney Carrick Cleverley work very well in midfield together, if only they was all English oh waitwink.png no seriously would work well for England those 3 add Wiltshire in there, England would have a midfield capable of holding on to the ball.

Yes Rooney is not a midfielder but fergie seems to be grooming him into that role, maybe replacement for Scholsey.

And also our defence looked more solid.

Rooney Carrick Cleverley work very well in midfield together, if only they was all English oh waitwink.png no seriously would work well for England those 3 add Wiltshire in there, England would have a midfield capable of holding on to the ball.

Yes Rooney is not a midfielder but fergie seems to be grooming him into that role, maybe replacement for Scholsey.

And also our defence looked more solid.

The Geordies were <deleted> nev.

There is life in the reds still, bloody great 1st 20 mins

Agreed really good start to the game and happy to see Cleverly involved from the start i thought our referee Howard Webb was superb also Fergie should pick him every week!

Alan Pardew is a prick of the highest order to start whinging abour RVP when Tiote stamped on Cleverly,sour grapes from him.

Our goalie although keeping a clean sheet is still in need of crossing practise,gives me a nerve on too many times and was protected well by our defense Evra and Rrafeal where great going forward also.

The only player off really was Wellbeck but great to see Kagawa linking up well from the wing and Valencia back.....Smalling and Jones back soon!

Two good away wins sandwiching the home defeat by spurs so not a bad 6 points from 3 tough games...onwards and upwards!

• Like 1

Yes it is. i remember going to craven Cottage about ten years ago for a carling cup fixture. I was in the lower tier standing when all of a sudden chanting and clapping started and we all looked up to see Ricky Villa in the Spurs upper tier. that was brilliant, he's a top bloke and we won 2-1 with an 88th minute winner

Albeit I understand the sentiment, it's stupid if you ask me. Any sort of pushing or crowd trouble and he could have damaged his knee again. When I hurt my big toe the last thing I wanted was to be near anybody close who could stand on it. smile.png Also, in some of those piccies he looks terrified. IMO of course.

Albeit I understand the sentiment, it's stupid if you ask me. Any sort of pushing or crowd trouble and he could have damaged his knee again. When I hurt my big toe the last thing I wanted was to be near anybody close who could stand on it. smile.png Also, in some of those piccies he looks terrified. IMO of course.

Probably worried he'd get mugged by a Salfordian Croydon mob....! tongue.png

Edited by smokie36

Probably worried he'd get mugged by a Salfordian Croydon mob....! tongue.png

Cornishman or a devonian farmer more likegiggle.gif

well if all those utd fans had made the long trip from cornwall reds i say for the effort, better than the 1750 that made the effort for spurs at ot last season, but it was a monday night,we sell out away every game nqat

I admired him as a lad, from before the Munich air crash and the admiration continues unabated (I even excused his terrible com-over, before he went completely bald)

You excused his terrible com-over, but did his missus? biggrin.png

Happy b'day Bob!

Imagine Bobby Charlton and Ralph Coates, Spurs and Utd on a windy day! still, only marginally worse than the Liverpudlian poodle cut as styled by terry Mac and keggy keegan ohmy.png