Manchester United

redrus

but i still think Torres deserved his 2nd yellow, a slight touch goes down delayed after and clutches a area he was not kicked on,

Get a grip nev. You surely cannot mean that. You sound like SAF trying to defend the indefencable after a game

a guy phoned up 606 saying the same. "yeah there was contact, but. . .". which is where you have to stop. because it's a foul. it doesn't matter then how the player goes over, or when, or how slowly. because it's already a foul. once you've admitted your player fouled him you sound a bit daft trying to say that he should have been sent off for being kicked.

I don't think many Man United supporters have been arguing strongly that he was right to be sent off, i think Man United supporters have been saying that they don't have much sympathy for him, because chances are, he could have stayed on his feet, but possibly with thoughts of in some way redressing the balance of having one of his own defenders sent off, and with thoughts of i'm really not feeling confident about finishing this move, he chose to go down. This didn't pan out the way he planned. Sh1t happens as they say. We were already up a man thanks to a well justified red card, and were best placed to go on and win the game without all that.

Plus we had one of our own players booked for diving when it was clearly just a tangle of legs. Had our player previously been carded for booting someone high up on the arm, like Torres had, we would have been down a man too.

Anyway, the one area of sympathy i do have for Chelsea would be the goal we scored. It was offside and it shouldn't have counted. I understand why it was missed but it was a reffing error completely beyond Chelsea's control. Those ones are tough to take. Arsenal got the benefit of the same thing the day before. Without video those sorts of decisions are so difficult to make in real time.

• Like 1

It was a great game, ruined by a Referee who thinks people have paid money to come and watch him.

The first sending off was fair enough, the second, well actually when I first saw it I though Evans was going to be sent off. On the reply, Torres made a right meal of it, and I'm not convinced there was contact, but even so it was harsh, very harsh. A draw IMO would have been a fair result.

I'll take the three points though, and enjoyed watching the game in an English pub, with a decent pint.

but i still think Torres deserved his 2nd yellow, a slight touch goes down delayed after and clutches a area he was not kicked on,

Get a grip nev. You surely cannot mean that. You sound like SAF trying to defend the indefencable after a game

Sorry but Valencia got booked for exactly what Torres got his 2nd yellow for, and i thought Valencia was fouled, but hey everyone is going on about book the divers a ref doe's it and gets slated, Torres was trying to get evans sent off he could have easily stayed on his feet but he saw Ferdinand got to the ball so he went to ground.

I will be happy for our players get booked for diving if it means cleaning up the game, so Valencia deserved a yellow same as Torres.

http://i.picasion.co...3a11c0baca2.gif

Edited by nev

I think it is interesting the mindset of the press against our young goalkeeper after his great performance at Chelsea,i like the way he uses his whole body in attempting to save shots even if it looks a little awkward....and his save from Torres's header was "world class"

Maybe he should have got Mata's free-kick but that would of been special to save but nothing from the media now he puts in a solid performance...strange that init! biggrin.png

Hernandez goal was offside sure but sometimes you get them and we would of scored another if we needed to anyway tongue.png

I think it is interesting the mindset of the press against our young goalkeeper after his great performance at Chelsea,i like the way he uses his whole body in attempting to save shots even if it looks a little awkward....and his save from Torres's header was "world class"

Maybe he should have got Mata's free-kick but that would of been special to save but nothing from the media now he puts in a solid performance...strange that init! biggrin.png

Hernandez goal was offside sure but sometimes you get them and we would of scored another if we needed to anyway tongue.png

Agree regards your keeper. Meanwhile I notice your swagger has returned mate! laugh.png

I don't know yet i hope its Howard Webb.

Lee Mason tomorrow.

United side will be like this.....

De Gea

Buttner, Evans, Wootton/Smalling, Rafael

Nani,Fletcher/Powell Anderson, Giggs

Hernandez, Welbeck

Edited by MrRed

What's your take on De Gea's use of his legs to save shots you Reds. Apart from the obvious 'as long as it gets saved' and giving a nod to the comment that Pat Jennings used to use his legs a lot (but from memory that was only as a last resort, not a preference). Looked decidedly flaky to me!

What's your take on De Gea's use of his legs to save shots you Reds. Apart from the obvious 'as long as it gets saved' and giving a nod to the comment that Pat Jennings used to use his legs a lot (but from memory that was only as a last resort, not a preference). Looked decidedly flaky to me!

Agree he is not the finished item yet, good keeper but has his weaknesses.

i heard he drops his kit when it's thrown to him tongue.png

i heard he drops his kit when it's thrown to him tongue.png

Yes i heard that too, then he does a spectacular catch to stop it hitting the floor tongue.png

united fans have a good banner for tonight's league cup match as it goes:

"chelsea fc, fighting racism since last sunday".

fine work that. whether it gets on the telly or not is another matter.

The Clattenberg Banner was funny as well....

Referee, Leader, Legend

• Like 1

Good experience for the kids that played last night and a good run out for Anderson and Fletcher, not to dhak about the result no complaints def penalty Wooton was very clumsy.

Got to see all the game except the last 15 mins of extra time, at 5am they decide on thai channel to switch off

Got to see all the game except the last 15 mins of extra time, at 5am they decide on thai channel to switch off

Absolutely bonkers that. Invest so much time in a game and then they deny you the final 15 minutes to show twenty minutes of tractor advertising. They had obviously sold the 5am time slot but surely when they sign up the rights for live sport they have to consider the amount of time that might be needed and allow flexibility in their scheduling. Just as well i'm so used to all this sort of <deleted> that i just shrug my shoulders and say oh well, to be expected. In my early years that would have been a brick through the TV screen.

I watched online on SS1 and enjoyed the game so much i stayed up all night! blink.png

Firstly so impressed with our Youngsters and the players that seem to be on the bench most of the time....a really impressive performance against Chelsea's best eleven in the end! whistling.gif

United just kept coming back at Chelsea and the kids although drained in the end stood tall at the back,Powell was fantastic when introduced and will be in the first team soon enough.

OK ....One gripe 3 minutes of added time the penalty was given nearer to 4 minutes but hey ho biggrin.png

"Time to blame the referee" "where's your racist Centre-half" "handball"

I thought United support was very vocal ...amazing what a few more thousand sounds like......clap2.gif

Jamie Rednapp summed it up when he said that for the two CB's at United last night in experience terms that game was like playing twenty! thumbsup.gif

Chelsea 5 Manchester United B 4 tongue.png