Manchester United

redrus

Hahah for a few posts there, I thought he was referring to Thailand... Old swampy... Funny money... Shrek...

Swampy refers to Cayman utd's ground where if the old farts on here knew their history they would know that the land it was built on was no more than a swamp. However I see that on here they refer to history at from the 90's because the rest dont suit them , Just old farts club

silva, on 21 Jul 2013 - 06:09, said:

5- is it also true that the government rebuilt Old swampy for free after it was bombed by Rosslers grandad

At the time Old Trafford was bombed it had been requisitioned by the military as a storage depot. It was bombed because it was a storage depot, not because it was a football stadium.FACT.

The Government (eventually) gave M

Wartime bombing[edit]

In 1936, as part of a £35,000 refurbishment, an 80-yard-long roof was added to the United Road stand (now the Sir Alex Ferguson Stand) for the first time, while roofs were added to the south corners in 1938. Upon the outbreak of the Second World War, Old Trafford was requisitioned by the military to be used as a depot. Football continued to be played at the stadium, but a German bombing raid on Trafford Park on 22 December 1940 damaged the stadium to the extent that a Christmas day fixture against Stockport County had to be switched to Stockport's ground. Football resumed at Old Trafford on 8 March 1941, but another German raid on 11 March 1941 destroyed much of the stadium, notably the main stand (now the South Stand), forcing the club's operations to move to Cornbrook Cold Storage, owned by United chairman James W. Gibson. After pressure from Gibson, the War Damage Commission granted Manchester United £4,800 to remove the debris and £17,478 to rebuild the stands. During the reconstruction of the stadium, Manchester United played their "home" games at Maine Road, the home of their cross-town rivals, Manchester City, at a cost of £5,000 a year plus a percentage of the gate receipts. The club was now £15,000 in debt, not helped by the rental of Maine Road, and the Labour MP for Stoke, Ellis Smith, petitioned the Government to increase the club's compensation package, but it was in vain. Though Old Trafford was reopened, albeit without cover, in 1949, it meant that a league game had not been played at the stadium for nearly 10 years. United's first game back at Old Trafford was played on 24 August 1949, as 41,748 spectators witnessed a 3–0 victory over Bolton Wanderers.

Hahah for a few posts there, I thought he was referring to Thailand... Old swampy... Funny money... Shrek...

yep. I had to think twice too MrSmith.

As for history, what goes around comes around.

Bit like a propellor blade on a C130.

• Like 1

...Silva have you just been thrown out of The Jockey??

how original but yet again cant deny the truth in the 8 questions so do one slit ar

i have nothing to deny ,it ain't my club you are bitching about.

Now ,can you answer my original question ?are kid...

He ain't interested in reading Smokes. He's interested in spouting off. A City troll. Embarrassing. Usually they're chavs.biggrin.png

I'm loving him! biggrin.pngclap2.gif

What I want to know is how he knew I was an "old fart" ?biggrin.png

Well he sure wasn't talking to me! tongue.png

• Like 2

...Silva have you just been thrown out of The Jockey??

how original but yet again cant deny the truth in the 8 questions so do one slit ar

i have nothing to deny ,it ain't my club you are bitching about.

Now ,can you answer my original question ?are kid...

what the fk is the jockey

post-175059-0-59349900-1374392210_thumb.

• Like 1

The funny thing is the Man Yoo fans are all sitting back and smiling as you make a complete arse of yourself here.

I tried to dig you out of the hole....now I think I will just watch from the Seven Sisters Rd.

Is that the best you can do to dig yourself out of a hole . Seven sisters Cockney knob jockey rag

He ain't a rag you tit, you have shown yourself up as just another obsessed bitter who's whole existance is your obsession with man utd, you would think that your club spending obscene amounts of money to try and be one of the big boys you would be happy with that but you come on here and bring out the long worn out cliche's about united.

haha so another bitter rag comes forward but have you all noticed how not one thing I have saaid in the questions has been wrong ? Have you noticed bitter nev ? Cayman utd buying the prem since the 90's .There are alot more myth busting facts & questions to come once you rags stop crying hahaha . I'm bitter & twisted hahaha yet is it me calling wooney shrek or is it a rag hahaha bitter & twisted thats me hahaha

Edited by silva

How is Phuket these days Silva?

Never been there never want to go there .from what I hear & see it is a fkin dump sort of like seven sisters hahaha

haha you are funny tell me what do you thnk of MrBojangles? he loves city!

Never been there never want to go there .from what I hear & see it is a fkin dump sort of like seven sisters hahaha

haha you are funny tell me what do you thnk of MrBojangles? he loves city!

An evil ploy Red ! But, I like it !tongue.png

MrB is going to have a broad brush out on this thread !laugh.png

Silva, are you sure that is your name ? You sound more like Robinho to me.thumbsup.gif

another original . You sound like one of them <deleted> that that would of supported the fkin germans if they would of landed in UK its called traitorous . & for what ? just so you can be friends with old farts in denial . How sad is that ? ask yourself

I don't snuggle up with trolls, no matter their colors.

• Like 1

You know Seven Sisters well then. You must be one of the new breed of City fan. laugh.png

Been there many times & always hated that ground .