Manchester United

redrus

I didn't watch the game so I can't comment on the footie. I'm just pi$$ed off that I thought utd were good enough to get a draw out off this. They made my predictions $hit instead of just crapsad.pngblink.png

Right, let me get this straight.........., you thought that we were "good enough for a draw"..? blink.png

redrus

Well done to Spurs. Considering what you have gone through as a club in the last few weeks, I thought it was an impressive display, especially defensively. Congrats.

With regards our play, I personally was pretty satisfied. We started off brightly and confidently, more bright and confident than I have seen for some time, then around the half way point we seemed to somewhat run out of ideas, then in the final third of the game, with some substitutions and tactical changes, finished very strong. Sadly didn't score the goals we needed but this is football, and that happens sometimes. Overall, considering some of the games over Christmas in which we got three points without paying very well, we were probably due a game of playing pretty well but getting nothing. Footballing Gods balancing the books as it were.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ XA using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

Usual Spuds lot trawling through this thread , and a comeback from TV's very own Chalerm aka Alfieconn, who I thought had resigned from posting.

Happy New Year all biggrin.png

Hadn't resigned mt, just had an alias for while laugh.png

You're such a tease Alfie.

So that was a penalty ? On Ashley "Springboard" Young ? I didn't see it that way, but maybe another case of a diving history coming back to haunt.coffee1.gif

I think it probably was a penalty but we all know the fable about the boy who cried wolf.

What are you saying it would of been better to keep Ferguson there with Moyes for a few weeks?

I think that happened anyway although in a very minimal capacity, Moyes has already stated that if he needs any info he can call Fergie but that is where it ends and should do as we wouldn't want people thinking Fergie still has a controlling factor like Roy Keane insinuated would we whistling.gif

To be honest he will be given a good season to take stock of the players teh club and the position he is in and in that time we hope his decisions are correct and that includes the players he has coming in and the ones he wants to get rid of.....for me as i have said before Felliani was a pacifying buy for the media and teh fans after missing out on much better and more high profile players.....that was his only one mistake so far but the blame for a lot of that should go to Woodward and the board for the ease they paid that crazy money for him and just because it was easy to get him from his previous club.

I think we did go in for Bale at the last minute so this proves we can compete with anyone when the next two windows open so that in itself is heart warming for any United fan.

Yes Mr.Red, but what a colossal mistake.

You know (knew) Fellaini's not good enough for United, I know it and probably Fellaini knows it........why on earth didn't Moyes know it?

Not easy for him to let his boyfriend down like that. Seriously Moyes is a goose, good bye manure, mwahahahahaha.

So that was a penalty ? On Ashley "Springboard" Young ? I didn't see it that way, but maybe another case of a diving history coming back to haunt.coffee1.gif

I think it probably was a penalty but we all know the fable about the boy who cried wolf.

Sure it was a penalty. However, would any Man Utd fan not accept we are owed a couple due to past history in our fixtures! If Utd fans should blame anyone its Young as you rightly suggest. The lads a victim of the reputation he's created for himself and refs don't want to look a mug by being conned by him.

We could have a competition now to see which of us has the worst injury list. Ours is looking horrific right now but that team he was able to put out really showed the depth of the squad Sherwood has at his disposal.

Where's Mr Ed and Nevbiggrin.png

Edited by carmine

btw, teams that lose six games out of the first twenty have never finished higher than ninth come the end of the season so Nev, the titles a gonna mate and lose a couple more and almost certainly you will experience the misery of sunday premier league fixtures and 3.00am midweek europa away games against Nakhon Nowhere teams. I really don't recommend it!!

btw, teams that lose six games out of the first twenty have never finished higher than ninth come the end of the season so Nev, the titles a gonna mate and lose a couple more and almost certainly you will experience the misery of sunday premier league fixtures and 3.00am midweek europa away games against Nakhon Nowhere teams. I really don't recommend it!!

Also, apparently no team has won the prem in a season where they have lost 4 home games

Every dog has his day,or so the saying goes,United have finished champions of England 20 times-the most successfull side in this country ever thumbsup.gif let us see one of the little clubs win something for a change and maybe it will bring a smile (doubt it though) cheesy.gif to their supporters-one thing is for sure we won,t be panicking and sacking the manager as is usual with the smaller clubs whistling.gif David Moyes will be at OT enjoying success long after Mr Pelligrini and Mr Mourinho have deserted these shores clap2.gif

• Like 1

one thing is for sure we won,t be panicking and sacking the manager as is usual with the smaller clubs whistling.gif David Moyes will be at OT enjoying success long after Mr Pelligrini and Mr Mourinho have deserted these shores clap2.gif

Your living in the past Mik. The stakes have changed since SAF was given time and Moyes won't be given the same. Sponsors won't pay the same premiums to a club that isn't winning and thus the Glaziers being pure businessmen will only be interested in success and the financial rewards that come with it. I'm not saying that Moyes needs to win the prem this year to keep his job but nowadays they all have targets and failure to reach those targets results in the sack.

A question for you (or any of the other Reds). What is the lowest position do you think Moyes would get away with and yet still keep his job?

• Like 1

one thing is for sure we won,t be panicking and sacking the manager as is usual with the smaller clubs whistling.gif David Moyes will be at OT enjoying success long after Mr Pelligrini and Mr Mourinho have deserted these shores clap2.gif

Your living in the past Mik. The stakes have changed since SAF was given time and Moyes won't be given the same. Sponsors won't pay the same premiums to a club that isn't winning and thus the Glaziers being pure businessmen will only be interested in success and the financial rewards that come with it. I'm not saying that Moyes needs to win the prem this year to keep his job but nowadays they all have targets and failure to reach those targets results in the sack.

A question for you (or any of the other Reds). What is the lowest position do you think Moyes would get away with and yet still keep his job?

I think we will still be in top 4 so Question does not need an answer - But to be fair my Predictions not too good this year coffee1.gifwhistling.gif

BT biggrin.png

I think we will still be in top 4 so Question does not need an answer - But to be fair my Predictions not too good this year coffee1.gifwhistling.gif

BT biggrin.png

Well if you do, baring in mind the current standings, it will be a remarkable achievement indeed.

I also think you will improve but still stand by my pre season prediction with you finishing 6/7th.

BT biggrin.png

Well if you do, baring in mind the current standings, it will be a remarkable achievement indeed.

I also think you will improve but still stand by my pre season prediction with you finishing 6/7th.

I think that is a fair assumption.

I think United fans are really in denial, and I dont mean that in a bad way. They are just used to Ferguson and what he did, that they just assume things will be turned around, when in fact neither the manager nor the players are good enough.

I watched the after match interviews after the Spurs game.

Sherwood, who talks a lot of sense, came on and said, quote "We felt United were there for the taking". I dont believe ANY manager in the past 25 yrs would have said that about ANY United team at OT.

Moyes was then interviewed. He was asked questions that the interviewer would never have dared ask Ferguson (regarding diving by Welbeck and Janojicz). He realy did come across as being naive and out of his comfort zone ( Moyes that is!)

Fact is nobody fears United anymore,

Edited by JacknDanny
  • Like 1

I think that is a fair assumption.

I think United fans are really in denial, and I dont mean that in a bad way. They are just used to Ferguson and what he did, that they just assume things will be turned around, when in fact neither the manager nor the players are good enough.

I watched the after match interviews after the Spurs game.

Sherwood, who talks a lot of sense, came on and said, quote "We felt United were there for the taking". I dont believe ANY manager in the past 25 yrs would have said that about ANY United team at OT.

Moyes was then interviewed. He was asked questions that the interviewer would never have dared ask Ferguson (regarding diving by Welbeck and Janojicz). He realy did come across as being naive and out of his comfort zone ( Moyes that is!)

Fact is nobody fears United anymore,

I don't think we are in denial Jack. I think actually we are quite realistic about things.

But the thing you have to appreciate is that we have been hearing predictions of our demise for many many years now. These cries didn't just begin when Fergie left, they have been ongoing. Just look at the popular United in demise thread on here, started many years ago, for proof of that. "United aren't the team they once were", "we don't fear United anymore", "the glory days are over for you".

We've heard it all before hundreds of times, and we'll hear it all again no doubt, every moment we have some bad results, every time we don't win the title. It's a recurring cycle, and why should we pay much attention to it? If we had done so in the past, Fergie would have been sacked at least half a dozen times just in the last ten years.

As i keep saying, even Fergie himself would have struggled the first year after taking over from Fergie. Even Fergie would have taken at least a season or two rebuilding from all the change that the club has undergone in the last twelve months. Moyes needs time, and United supporters will give him that.

Opposition supporters, whatever they may say to the contrary, don't want us to give him it. Why? I think for them their biggest fear all along was that Fergie would leave, and the man who came in to replace him, would continue bringing success to the club. That was the unthinkable nightmare.

Fergie leaving was the moment they had all been anxiously waiting for. It was and is their biggest opportunity to truly knock United off their perch once and for all. If it doesn't happen now, when will it happen for goodness sake? For them, the demise has to happen now, and the first real proof of that having happened, won't be a few bad results, and nor will it be us failing to win the Premiership this season, it will be the man who replaced Fergie, the man who was personally chosen by Fergie, failing, not being given time by us, and being given the sack. That will be the first real milestone in United's domination coming to an end; the moment that United adopt the same short-term thinking, instant success, revolving door manager post philosophy held by their own clubs.

They want us to be like them because they know from their own experience that that philosophy only ever brings momentary success, not the sustained success United have enjoyed for the last 20 years.

• Like 2

United are a massive team no doubt, but as you say Rix, the demands on a manager and the the players has changed since Fergie took over. If United don't make the top 4 this year it will be a major blow, but if it's 2 seasons in a row, it becomes a catastrophe.

I'm not sure the blame should lie with just the manager, but also the players. Last year I thought your team was poor, even though the results proved otherwise.

The question is, what should/are United going to do about it? What are the minimum requirements of the United team in the short term?

TBH, I think United will make the top 4, but if they don't it will be interesting to see what they do about it.

United are a massive team no doubt, but as you say Rix, the demands on a manager and the the players has changed since Fergie took over. If United don't make the top 4 this year it will be a major blow, but if it's 2 seasons in a row, it becomes a catastrophe.

I'm not sure the blame should lie with just the manager, but also the players. Last year I thought your team was poor, even though the results proved otherwise.

The question is, what should/are United going to do about it? What are the minimum requirements of the United team in the short term?

TBH, I think United will make the top 4, but if they don't it will be interesting to see what they do about it.

I would have thought the minimum requirement was top four.

Mjj, why do you say you think they will make it? And at the expense of whom...and why?

Christ you were last years champions and in the first half of the season you have been beaten by 4 average teams at home and are 11 points of the pace. For a good 20 years teams went to OT for a point if they could, this season it took just 2 months for them to decide to come for the win. This isn't going to be that easy to turn around.

Yet none of you seem bothered at all by any of this, apparently it is all to be expected and everything is fine.

• Like 1

I never realized the Europa placings now go down to the top eight carns ?

Mjj, why do you say you think they will make it? And at the expense of whom...and why?

I would put City and Chelsea as most likely for top 4 just because of the squad depth - still no guarantee though. Liverpool and Arsenal are playing very well and should make it, but United have more experience and therefore nerve at the pressure end of the season. Suarez is scoring for fun, but should he have a dip in form they will have problems and Arsenal have folded quite a few times when push came to shove.

No denying though, this will be a major test of Uniteds resolve.

And it will be very funny if they don't make it. :-)

I would put City and Chelsea as most likely for top 4 just because of the squad depth - still no guarantee though. Liverpool and Arsenal are playing very well and should make it, but United have more experience and therefore nerve at the pressure end of the season. Suarez is scoring for fun, but should he have a dip in form they will have problems and Arsenal have folded quite a few times when push came to shove.

So your saying Liverpool are a one man team ? giggle.gif

Arsenal have made top fout throughout Wengers entire reign! They certainly don't fade out of the top four do they. Chelsea and City are bankers for the top four ofcourse.

Realistically theres one place left. Liverpool and Everton will challenge and whether you care to admit it or not so will Spurs. btw, you mention Suarez and a potential dip in form but i seem to remember Liverpool doing rather well for the initial games in his absence.

Far more important to you reckoning that United will get 4th is the fitness of RVP, Rooney. If those two get crocked you can forget even europa.

So your saying Liverpool are a one man team ? giggle.gif

lost 1 drew 2 and won 7 while suspended coffee1.gif

......with Sturridge. Where is he??? I'm not suggesting Liverpool are a one man team, but a Liverpool without Suarez will hurt more than Chelsea without Hazard, City without Aguero or Arsenal with Ramsey.

All this top 4 talk is just speculation, but it is how I see it AT THE MOMENT. A few weeks ago, I was doubting Chelsea to get top 4 because they were playing so badly.

A couple of months ago I suggested Everton were in with a chance as an outside wildcard, but that wildcard is getting less wild as time goes on.

Edit. And yes Carmine, I do think Spurs are in the mix. :-)

Edited by mjj
  • Like 1

My team plays in red so I'll answer. biggrin.png

He needs to be playing CL football next season.