Manchester United

redrus

Can anybody think of 1 good reason to keep him?

Apart from other clubs saying stability, stability, stability thumbsup.gif I mean.

Better him than some mercenary European who cares nothing for the club and will do no better with the same group of players.

• Like 2

I'm gonna go out on one here but, I am positive, things like "The Chosen One" banner, are one reason why many ABU's can't stand us (United fans), it was incredibly presumptuous, pompous and down right arrogant to be honest. A banner like that should have gone up after the first year of doing well, or even a few years down the line......, not straight away.

It reeks, and should be taken down whether he stays, or not..!

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/poll-should-chosen-one-banner-6884740?

redrus

Fixed it for you......smile.png

BjuQWyrCAAEGVRl.jpg

Brilliant, thanks pal... wink.png

redrus

P's I'm stealing that.

Be my guest....if you put it on any big sites, credit @feintzebra....cheers.

• Like 1

Apart from other clubs saying stability, stability, stability thumbsup.gif I mean.

Better him than some mercenary European who cares nothing for the club and will do no better with the same group of players.

"Top boy" like redrus says... with United resources....

Problem solved.

Would have been quicker if they hadn't appointed a long term, interim failure though.

"Top boy's" mercenary inclinations is a totally different kettle of fish.

You go where the work is. Farmer, fisherman, factory worker or football manager. United cannot repeat Busby or Ferguson history.

Same for Liverpool Shankly, or Spurs Nicholson.

Guardiola and others will make their own history. But they aren't necessarily tarts.

I feel quite strongly about this Smokie because of stuff very close to home. SW6 like.

thumbsup.gif

"Top boy" like redrus says... with United resources....

Problem solved.

Would have been quicker if they hadn't appointed a long term, interim failure though.

"Top boy's" mercenary inclinations is a totally different kettle of fish.

You go where the work is. Farmer, fisherman, factory worker or football manager. United cannot repeat Busby or Ferguson history.

Same for Liverpool Shankly, or Spurs Nicholson.

Guardiola and others will make their own history. But they aren't necessarily tarts.

I feel quite strongly about this Smokie because of stuff very close to home. SW6 like.

thumbsup.gif

My point is that its the playing staff who are lacking at least as much as the manager at Man Yoo.....and all great teams have players who don't need much guidance other than looking for their name on the team sheet.

Would You want to play 100% for David Moyes?

...and knowing it was going down the pan whatever you did?

For me, buck stops with manager, however great the player.

And sometimes the greatest needs the manager more than the less great.

Up to manager to make it all work maximum efficiency.

That's what Guardiola does.

I'm gonna go out on one here but, I am positive, things like "The Chosen One" banner, are one reason why many ABU's can't stand us (United fans), it was incredibly presumptuous, pompous and down right arrogant to be honest. A banner like that should have gone up after the first year of doing well, or even a few years down the line......, not straight away.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/poll-should-chosen-one-banner-6884740?

redrus

You might be right rus but i really don't think the Chosen One banner was ever much more than a tongue in cheek jibe directed at and playing on the self proclaimed Special One nonsense. ABUs hate us for all sorts of strange reasons, so i wouldn't worry about that too much. You know what, in mentioning ABUs in your above post, there are ABUs who would take offence and call you arrogant for calling them that.
  • Like 1

redrus

You might be right rus but i really don't think the Chosen One banner was ever much more than a tongue in cheek jibe directed at and playing on the self proclaimed Special One nonsense. ABUs hate us for all sorts of strange reasons, so i wouldn't worry about that too much. You know what, in mentioning ABUs in your above post, there are ABUs who would take offence and call you arrogant for calling them that.

I'm not sure it was tongue in cheek mate, SEF are not usually known for it. I just think the flag is ridiculous statement that would have only born some semblance of credibility had Moyes won trophies over the next few years, and maintaining the style of United play.

None of that is going to happen.

Anyone But United, its hardly offensive is it, better than being called a "Munich singing c u n t", or 'bin dipper, or 'rent boy' or any of the myriad other taunts thrown about. Silly people.

redrus

• Like 1

Terrible rag the Mirror and, I'm not so keen on Savage either but, a reasonable & honest account of the situation.

Robbie Savage on Manchester United: I've changed my mind about David Moyes, he's NOT up to it

Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

With heavy heart, but few alternatives, I’ve changed my mind about David Moyes.

After the abject home defeat by Liverpool, where Manchester United were lucky it wasn’t five or six instead of 0-3, this week's clueless display in the derby against City was one humiliation too many at Old Trafford.

All the way along, I’ve stuck with Moyes because I like the bloke, he’s a terrific man and I believed he deserved a chance to build his own dynasty.

But in football some jobs are just too big, or they are the wrong fit.

Just as Roy Hodgson never quite clicked at Liverpool, I fear Moyes and United might be destined to remain square peg and round hole.

Up until now, I’ve always maintained Moyes should be given £200million to rebuild his squad - but enough is enough. Not after his baffling team selection on Tuesday, and the way they were destroyed by City.

Moyes looks a pale, frightened man consumed by the pressure. I’m at the point now where I believe the job is too much for him.

When my 10-year-old boy asks why Juan Mata is playing on the right and Marouane Fellaini on the left, and I have to tell him that I’ve no idea, something is badly wrong.

United didn’t spend £65m on those two players to use them in a formation so alien to their talents, so what is the point of giving their manager another £200m in the summer if there is no clear purpose behind the spree?

Moyes has two of United’s favourite sons, Ryan Giggs - an all-time great - and Phil Neville on his coaching staff. Is he seeking their advice and taking it on board, or is he simply ignoring what everyone else can see?

The shambles against City wasn’t just a case of the noisy neighbours overpowering United with their financial muscle. Moyes’ starting line-up actually cost more, in transfer fees, than the team counterpart Manuel Pellegrini put out.

I almost hate myself for saying these things, because I have so much respect for what Moyes achieved at Everton, but sometimes brutal honesty is the best way forward.

United were hopeless against Liverpool and City - it makes you shudder thinking what Bayern Munich might do to them in the Champions League next week if they are again so bereft of ideas, pace, confidence and ambition.

We have reached the stage where 50 years of tradition at Old Trafford is being dismantled in a single season.

If you compiled a combined United-City XI, I could only make a serious case for Wayne Rooney and David De Gea getting in it from the red half of the divide.

Moyes understands more about football than I’ll ever know. But surely he can see, or his coaching staff should be telling him, that Tom Cleverley, Michael Carrick and Fellaini were never going to be a match for Fernandinho, Yaya Toure and David Silva.

And that Mata, instead of drifting in off the right flank, should be playing the role that Silva executes so well for City.

I warned in this column last week that beating Olympiakos, who are no great shakes, had only papered over the cracks.

Sadly, United’s fundamental weaknesses - in midfield and a glaring lack of pace and power - have been exposed ruthlessly again.

The shareholders must be getting edgy, and it has come to a sorry pass when Manchester United are the club everyone wanted to draw in the European Cup quarter-finals because they are regarded as the easiest tie.

Should they get rid of Moyes just 10 months after giving him a six-year contract? It seems inevitable now.

He is a pale, ghostly shadow of the man who did so well at Everton, and I know United’s troubles will be eating into him because he cares so much.

The fans have been magnificent, too. They have stuck with him. But I don’t know how he can’t see what everyone else could see about his team the other night.

Hodgson may not have been a good fit for Liverpool, but two years later he was the England manager.

I hope Moyes goes on to achieve great things in football - but now I fear it will not happen for him at Old Trafford.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/robbie-savage-column-manchester-united-3292761#ixzz2xCGdEAEt
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook

redrus

Edited by redrus

redrus

Hit the nail on the head Rix!! Thats arrogance personified! I could go on about Fergusons continued disgraceful behavior spanning a quarter of a century pinning himself as an example to all kids young enough to be his grandchildren of how not to behave. But i won't because thats not the discussion now but believe me, despite having the upmost respect for his achievements, Mr Ferguson created a lifetime of reasons not to like United.

I agree 100% about giving managers time. Its the right way of going about things. However, in this case its so obvious that a dreadful choice was made it plain and simple he should go in the summer. If he stays then you exacerbate to bad decision purely on the basis that Moyes was Fergusons choice and thats no reason to keep him. He doesn't look like a United manager, doesn't talk like a United manager should talk, doesn't have the gravitas for a job of this size, he demonstrates constant deficiencies in tactical awareness, the players apparently don't like the training methods, he ignored the hugely important advice to retain the back room staff, it just goes on and on.

Admit a mistake has been made and start again. I'd be looking at the rather impressive Diego Simeone if you are looking for a young choice. Its a risk, but its always a risk and he looks like he has the self confidence and touch of arrogance needed to do this job. He's also mixing it with two of europes most heavily resourced clubs. Van Gaal is 62 yo and theres not a lot of longevity in his appointment. Klopp would be great but very difficult to prize away from Dortmund. The potential deal breaker for your owners first choice will be the lack of CL football.

I'd say United have to try and prise Klopp or Simeone away at the end of the season.Van Gaal is too old and he failed badly at Bayern Munich ripping the heart out of the club aka Moyes ?

I think most United fans would be more supportive of Moyes if there were signs of improvement in the last part of the season but there arent any....if anything its getting worse !

Surely you cant trust Moyes with 150m GBP to spend in the close season.....Fellaini was no accident.

But hold on......I see Neil Warnock has turned down Forest.......maybe a 10 year deal at United in the offing for reasons of continuity and stability !laugh.png

• Like 1

i'd do the same. but then i'd be a totalitarian dictator of a manager and all of my players would have shaved heads whether they liked it or not. they'd also only be allowed to wear numbers 1 to 11 and all boots would be uniformly black.

What no matching leggings and gloves for the little luvs?

they're allowed one tube of deepheat between the eleven of them. if they're still cold after that they're not working hard enough.

laugh.png

• Like 1

I wonder what Guardiola is thinking and what he will do?

My guess is it could pan out like this:

Pre-match handshake between scared rabbit and Guardiola.

Guardiola looks up at Ferguson in the stands with a smile, and then proceeds to totally and utterly humiliate them.

Extent of victory depends on one thing. Guardiola.

Mourinho beat Wenger with the first handshake last week.

United pride themselves on the Fergie fear factor...... and moan about its loss with Moyes.

Fergie and Moyes are dead meat.

A new breed of gladiators are playing. Guardiola, Mourinho, Pellegrini, and very possibly a boy called Rodgers and a shed load more of class acts too.

thumbsup.gif

Looks like it's a goerbiggrin.png

Bj0keddCIAICSX9.jpg

Moyes reckons he has the backing of United fans!!

He must mean all those outside the stadiumbiggrin.png Got to be honest though, i think the organizers of this little escapade are bang out of line, total idiots. Moyes is still the manager and this is one step too far.

Its obvious he's going to go so why do this. Villa is a gimme for three points as they have nothing to play for but a spanking from Bayern on tuesday followed by another in the second leg and that will be that

• Like 2

If Villa win, will they sack him before Tuesday?

I think Ferguson should take charge against Bayern.

That would get Guardiola thinking.

And the players would rise to it.

That's what I would do.

They won't sack him before the end of the season. Theres no point.

Bayern would win even if Ferguson took charge. They are light years better.

Looks like it's a goerbiggrin.png

Bj0keddCIAICSX9.jpg

Moyes reckons he has the backing of United fans!!

He must mean all those outside the stadiumbiggrin.png Got to be honest though, i think the organizers of this little escapade are bang out of line, total idiots. Moyes is still the manager and this is one step too far.

Its obvious he's going to go so why do this. Villa is a gimme for three points as they have nothing to play for but a spanking from Bayern on tuesday followed by another in the second leg and that will be that

i think it's completely two-bob that. and not what i associate with proper united fans. whatever you might think of the manager when you go the game you support the team, you get behind the players. i don't see how this thing helps the team at all. demonstrate outside the match by all means, but this can only distract the players,

• Like 2

Will Guardiola take prisoners, or will he be totally and utterly ruthless?

Why on earth would he go easy on them? Everyones ruthless at this level. The stakes are so high.

Guardiola might play exhibition football instead of going for the jugular.

Mercedes Benz. The Whisper is Louder than the Shout.

Maybe he'll save it for the game in Munich.thumbsup.gif

Some fans look like they've had enough. So now they are venting it.

Bad times will continue so long as David Moyes is manager.

Foxtrot Oscar. They want a divorce.

Rix was spot on. They've had nigh on a quarter of a century of success under Ferguson and many now have this misguided sense of entitlement. In fairness many at OT have probably never known anything other than the Ferguson era. Getting to understand the harher realities of the game as they are now is hard to stomach and it will take time for the fact to sink in that without him at the helm they are really just another club.

As i said before i'd be brave and take a punt on Simeone because i doubt Klopp could be convinced to move from Dortmund.

Could also be interesting if the new manager decides he doesn't want Rooney as captain.wink.png