Manchester United

redrus

Make the most of watching him during the Euro's, not likely to be seen in a Manc shirt again! :o

Ronaldo breaks Madrid silence

Cristiano Ronaldo has broken his silence over his future by declaring a desire to move to Real Madrid.

The transfer story of the summer gathers pace by the day but prior to speaking to Brazilian website Terra, little of note had been offered by the Manchester United winger.

Sir Alex Ferguson and United's owners, the Glazer family, are united in their stance that Ronaldo will not be allowed to quit Old Trafford but their resolve to keep him will now be further tested by the player's latest declaration.

Speaking from Portugal's training base in the Swiss city of Neuchatel, Ronaldo admitted, according to Terra, that a move to the Spanish capital appealed.

"I want to play for Real Madrid, but only if it is true they are eager to pay me and Manchester United what they have been saying they will," said Ronaldo.

"However, it does not depend on me. It is important to send a message.

"From now on I will not talk again about this until the end of the Euros. It is not worth asking me because I will not reply."

On Wednesday, Real Madrid president Ramon Calderon said he would not risk ruining his club's relationship with Manchester United by bidding for a player under contract.

However, now Ronaldo has signalled his intent for a future in Spain, it could be Madrid that make the next move.

Make the most of watching him during the Euro's, not likely to be seen in a Manc shirt again! :D

No, he's going to be spending the next 12 months in the reserves if a lot of this true, and as you have often said in as many words, "Don't believe everything that is written". :o

P.S John Terry is still a ##&%

Edited by mrtoad

Does anyone feel that the Ronaldo saga has taken some of the shine off the Euro success for Man U?

To me, it does seem a shame that all the headlines since that victory have been about this one player and his future.

I really hate it when players start playing these games with the media, and as good and important as he is, i think Man U might do well to just sell him off now, make a massive amount of money, and invest in players who really want to play for the team.

Does anyone feel that the Ronaldo saga has taken some of the shine off the Euro success for Man U?

To me, it does seem a shame that all the headlines since that victory have been about this one player and his future.

I really hate it when players start playing these games with the media, and as good and important as he is, i think Man U might do well to just sell him off now, make a massive amount of money, and invest in players who really want to play for the team.

If he has made his intentions clear to the club, which so far it appears he hasn't ,I will still continue to see it as mischief making. However, if it it is true, I personally feel that United should either let him rot for a season in the reserves, or sell him to any other club other than Real.

United should not be dictated to by another club, player or a slimey agent.

its all just paper talk the season is over they need to write something before the start of euro08.

he has said he will make no decision untill after euro08,if he stays or goes man utd will carry on and our squad can cope if he leaves, we will have big money to spend on benzeema and another player or two.

alls good lads we are english champions and european champions.

now bring on next season i cannot wait.

Make the most of watching him during the Euro's, not likely to be seen in a Manc shirt again! :D

Nice to see something making you smile again after ALL your disappointments last season. :o

With or without him Man Utd still the team to CHASE AGAIN next year. :D

BT

its all just paper talk the season is over they need to write something before the start of euro08.

Don't entirely agree with this. If Ronaldo wasn't continually shooting his mouth off to some reporter or other, the story wouldn't be out there, rumbling on week after week. All he needed to do was keep his mouth shut, but instead we get all this nonsense like "not even being able to make promises to his mother" and how "nobody knows what will happen in the future".

I'm sick of it. Stop playing silly games or else go play for another club and see how much success you have with them.

Edited by rixalex

For me it's not a problem if "Ronnie" stays or goes as S.A.F. has been through this scenario before (and More).

Fergie hasnt been in the situation of having the Worlds best footballer aged only 23 with many years at his peak ahead of him wanting to leave (allegedly).

Every top player thats ever left Manu under Fergie has left because he didnt want them i.e. Stam, Beckham, Van Nistleroy.

For me it's not a problem if "Ronnie" stays or goes as S.A.F. has been through this scenario before (and More).

Fergie hasnt been in the situation of having the Worlds best footballer aged only 23 with many years at his peak ahead of him wanting to leave (allegedly).

Every top player thats ever left Manu under Fergie has left because he didnt want them i.e. Stam, Beckham, Van Nistleroy.

O.K. I stand corrected

I can see one has to dot ones I's and cross ones T's. Perhaps I should have said that Fergie has been through very similar circimstances time & time again, sometimes it's about money, sometimes it's about playing more often and sometimes it's just plain old big ego time. But when all is said and done if Fergie reckons that your heart & soul is not at Old Trafford then you're out.

I have faith in Fergie & Co to sort it out, the only time I query S.A.F. is when he selects Fletcher to play in a game (I have this theory that he's Fergies secret love child....... :o .)

what worries me is fergie saying he will leave in 2 more years he came out with this same time as ronaldo saying he might leave.

well time forr us to screw real for as much money as we can, remember them saying how they got beckham on the cheap,well united should say 100 million pounds you can have him, pay up or <deleted> off.

• 2 weeks later...

Just out of the big boy's mouth, "it would be a dream, a step forward, to play for Real".

And all the while Man U are saying he's not for sale. I guess that means he is and they just want the most money they can squeeze out of the deal.

I really hope he goes now, and the sooner the better.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Another reason, why Septic Bladder should be booted out of football. I didn't realsie that he now has say on transfers, but it's quite clear now why Real Madrid were ale to avoid any punishment under FIFA regulations.

Taxi for Bladder. :o

Blatter irks Man Utd over Ronaldo

Source: BBC

Manchester United have disputed Fifa president Sepp Blatter's suggestion that winger Cristiano Ronaldo should be allowed to leave the club if he wants.

Ronaldo, 23, has been heavily linked with Real Madrid and said it would be a "dream" to play for the Spanish side.

Blatter insists players should be free to play where they want, comparing transfer trends to "modern slavery".

But a United spokesman said: "All our players enter into their contracts after an open and free negotiation."

And the statement continued: "Most of whom do after taking advice from a Fifa-registered agent.

"Many do so on a number of occasions and enjoy long and successful stays at Old Trafford."

Portugal international Ronaldo, who scored 42 goals as United won the Premier League title and Champions League last season, has a deal until 2012 and the club have repeatedly said he is not for sale.

But Blatter told Sky News: "I'm always in favour of protecting the player and if the player wants to leave let him leave.

"If the player wants to play somewhere else, then a solution should be found because if he stays in a club where he does not feel comfortable to play then it's not good for the player and for the club.

"I think in football there's too much modern slavery in transferring players or buying players here and there, and putting them somewhere.

"We are trying now to intervene in such cases. The reaction to the Bosman law is to make long-lasting contracts in order to keep the players and then if he wants to leave, then there is only one solution, he has to pay his contract."

Real president Ramon Calderon is keen to sign Ronaldo and last week he said that the player will be the one who ultimately decides where he plays next season.

Lancashire Evening Post Friday, 11th July 2008

Ronaldo backs Blatter comments

Manchester United star Cristiano Ronaldo has backed FIFA president Sepp Blatter's condemnation of "modern slavery" in the modern game.

When asked about Ronaldo's long-mooted prospective transfer to Real Madrid, Blatter on Wednesday suggested that there was a trend towards treating players like slaves in the transfer process.

"I agree with the comments of the president of FIFA. WhADVERTISEMENTat he said is right," Ronaldo, who is currently recovering from ankle surgery after taking part for Portugal in Euro 2008, told Portuguese channel TVI.

Blatter's comments have been met with criticism in some areas, with Professional Footballers' Association chairman Chris Powell calling for him to retract the comments while UEFA president Michel Platini reacted by highlighting the spiralling wage demands of players.

The League Managers' Association fear there could be long-term repercussions from Blatter's comments.

Chief executive Richard Bevan said: "His remarks are extremely ill-considered. There are no benefits to clubs or players in what he said.

"It just confirms he is out of touch with the issues of professional football.

"The transfer system is underwritten and regulated by FIFA. It is the cornerstone of developing talent right up the football pyramid.

"We also have the important issue of sanctity of contract. Ignoring the nonsensical comparison of a player on £120,000 a week to a modern slave, it is a very poor choice of words."

Unquote

Perhaps the player is purposely making these remarks an issue to assist his own selfish ends re a transfer.

Selfish in as much as he is still under another 4 years of a five year contract to honour for one :o

He obviously doesn,t think about the club who have enhanced his gift as a footballer ect. nor more importantly the fans who idolise him and have paid their pittance of hard earned cash to help pay his astronomical wages and life style most supporters can only dream of .ect. ect.

This is the sort of thing that gives certain high profile footballers already questionable reputations in loyalty, yet more negative publicity.

Love their clubs !!! LFTD

marshbags :D

To part quote an article from The Independant by By Ian Herbert

Friday, 11 July 2008

Coming from a 23-year-old who is paid £120,000 a week by a club considering allowing him to complete his recuperation from ankle surgery in the Algarve and delay his return to Manchester, Ronaldo's assertion will prompt as much indignation in football as Blatter did when he said yesterday that players, tied to longer contracts since the Bosman ruling, were enslaved and should be given greater freedom to move on.

Ref url :- http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/footbal...ave-864958.html

Edited by marshbags

BBC Sport, updated at 12:03 GMT, Saturday, 12 July 2008 13:03 UK

Pele orders Ronaldo to stay put

Pele believes Cristiano Ronaldo should stay loyal to Man Utd

Pele insists Cristiano Ronaldo should forget about moving to Real Madrid and honour his Manchester United contract.

The Brazil legend also dismissed Fifa president Sepp Blatter's claim that there is "modern slavery" in football and Ronaldo should be free to move.

Pele, in Stoke for a charity match for the Gordon Banks Foundation, said: "You are a slave if you work without a contract or you don't get paid.

"If you have a contract then in any job you have to finish the contract."

Pele added: "I think that when he finishes his contract, then he should be free to go wherever he wants to go."

Ronaldo has four years left on his Old Trafford contract and is currently recovering from ankle surgery which will rule him out of the start of next season.

Former England goalkeeper Banks accused Cristiano Ronaldo of showing a lack of respect to Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson.

Banks said he could not understand why Ronaldo, who scored 42 goals for United last season, would want to move away from Old Trafford to Real Madrid.

He said: "I can't understand why he said he felt he was being treated like a slave. If he has just signed a new contract then he should respect his manager and honour it. It's stupid.

"I don't understand what the problem is. He plays for a team that has just won the European Cup and the Premier League. He plays for his country. What more does he want?

"It's like anything in life. If a businessman signs a contract then he has to honour it. It' s no different than a professional footballer."

Banks was speaking at a press conference ahead of a charity match in his honour on Saturday when a Banks XI will take on a Pele XI at Stoke's Britannia Stadium.

The former England keeper pulled off arguably the best save in history from a Pele header at the 1970 World Cup in Mexico.

Unquote

Is it to late, i wonder, after all that has gone on, especially with sir Alex who has shown in the past that he doesn,t forget dis loyalty of this kind.????

More to the point are the hardworking football supporters not only at Man U but nationwide ever going to forget his slave references that followed on from Blatter mouth ???

marshbags

Edited by marshbags

I grow very disillusioned by this, get rid if he wants rid. I'm not sure many reds especially us match going reds can forgive or forget this so easily.

Someone mentioned the other day, do straight swap, Ronnie for Messi. We get a player of equal value, Ronnie gets to go to Spain. Everyone gets to stick the middle finger to Real....! I'd be happy with Messi.

Berba's on his way anyway.

redrus

BBC Sport, Page last updated at 14:10 GMT, Friday, 18 July 2008 15:10 UK

Ref url :- http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/t...utd/7514329.stm

Ferguson says Ronaldo is staying

Ronaldo is currently recovering from ankle surgery

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has insisted Cristiano Ronaldo will be at Old Trafford next season and will not be joining Real Madrid.

Ferguson met the winger - now out for three months following ankle surgery - in Lisbon last week after speculation about the 23-year-old's future.

"It went well. We put across our points of view, where we stand and where the player stands," explained Ferguson.

"I can say he'll be a Manchester United player next season. He won't be sold."

United will hope that Ferguson's comments at a press conference during the club's pre-season tour of South Africa will put an end to rumours linking Ronaldo with a switch to the Spanish champions.

Ferguson added: "It's not a difficult position. I was on my holiday and I was not going to interrupt my holiday, believe me.

"I wasn't panicked because the player is under contract so the strength and the rights are with Manchester United.

"What we have done well is to say nothing. We've kept quiet on this matter and kept it private and what I said to Cristiano remains private."

( Go to the ref url to read comments in the 606: DEBATE Give your reaction to Ferguson's comments )

REf url :- http://www.bbc.co.uk/dna/606/ArticleSearch...phrase=Football

Ronaldo, who scored 42 goals for United last season and whose contract runs until 2012, is currently recuperating after his surgery, which ruled him out of United's trip to South Africa.

Ferguson confirmed: "I did go and see him last week in Portugal and it was very amicable - there were no problems. That's where we are and we carry on.

"He's on crutches for the first four weeks, he'll be in rehabilitation for the next four and then the following four he'll be back into football training.

"The time mapped out is three months and we won't bring him back a day earlier than that.

"I think when players have operations we have a responsibility that the player comes back 100% and we'll carry that out as we normally do.

"There'll be no risk-taking - we never take risks. Our goal is to always make sure that the player gets back 100% and that will be the same in the case of Cristiano Ronaldo."

Unquote

marshbags

Edited by marshbags

I grow very disillusioned by this, get rid if he wants rid. I'm not sure many reds especially us match going reds can forgive or forget this so easily.

Someone mentioned the other day, do straight swap, Ronnie for Messi. We get a player of equal value, Ronnie gets to go to Spain. Everyone gets to stick the middle finger to Real....! I'd be happy with Messi.

Berba's on his way anyway.

redrus

Have to agree with you on tyhat one redrus, although now it looks like he' staying. The problem with Madris is that they are full of shit, and don't really want to pay the cash that has been quoted. They've clearly been tryibng to instigate the move, but all the time drive the price down. I hope United implemet a no selling policy to Madrid, just like they do with Liverpool. :o

How do you reckon Ronaldo will be received when he does return to O.T. Mr T., & others ?

He seemed to cope with the Rooney sending off a couple of seasons ago but this to me could cause a bit of rubbishing, to put it mildly.

Fergies never given much time to any player that is not 100% commited to the club. Are we to be paying 120,000 quid a week to see Ronaldo sit in the stands ?

Reason for edit :- Not enough noughts in his weekly wage :o

Edited by LeungKen

How do you reckon Ronaldo will be received when he does return to O.T. Mr T., & others ?

He seemed to cope with the Rooney sending off a couple of seasons ago but this to me could cause a bit of rubbishing, to put it mildly.

Fergies never given much time to any player that is not 100% commited to the club. Are we to be paying 120,000 quid a week to see Ronaldo sit in the stands ?

Yeah, it will be interesting. I'm sure that there will be a number of fans who are not happy with him (me included), but if he produces the goods again this season and show comittment on the pitch then in the end the fans will probably go a little easier on him. If you think about it, Gerrard at Liverpool was in a similar situation when he almost signed for Chelsea, the fans there have pretty much forgiven him, because he's shown the right sort of comittment since. One thing for sure though, is that a lot of the fans will not forget his behaviour over the past couple of months, and he's going to be given a far harder time if things don't go right.

Redrus as a regular match attender will probably be able to extend on what I have said. :D

Yeah, it will be interesting. I'm sure that there will be a number of fans who are not happy with him (me included), but if he produces the goods again this season and show comittment on the pitch then in the end the fans will probably go a little easier on him. If you think about it, Gerrard at Liverpool was in a similar situation when he almost signed for Chelsea, the fans there have pretty much forgiven him, because he's shown the right sort of comittment since. One thing for sure though, is that a lot of the fans will not forget his behaviour over the past couple of months, and he's going to be given a far harder time if things don't go right.

Redrus as a regular match attender will probably be able to extend on what I have said. :D

Fans anywhere are pretty unforgiving when it comes to players wanting to be somewhere else. Ronaldo's immaturity and speculative comments to the media has now left him in no mans land. If Berbatov signs he will score 30 goals a season which may leave even Ronaldo as just one of the squad not, in his mind, the main man .I think Ferguson has handled this whole fiasco with his customary skill and Blatter with egg on his face, again.

Fan's are very fickle creatures, me included. I'm very unhappy with Ronnie, he owes us and Fergie a massive debt, I fear he has damaged his reputation beyond repair. I will be over the moon if he has a season half as good as last year, I will also have a nagging in my head, a nagging that makes me want slap the ungrateful little <deleted>....!

Remember Rio's contract senario, he was roundly and soundly booed after a Euro away in France after going to applaud the travelling fans and, righlty so. Even now those that sing his name, do so with after comment.....

More recently, Wes's silly contract situation really angered a heck of lot of us, I don't feel the same way about him now. Not when you've had examples such as Olli, Scholes and Giggs around you as perfect examples of the way to act. You get payed a fortune for playing the best game in the world, do not rub fans faces in it....!

Fans anywhere are pretty unforgiving when it comes to players wanting to be somewhere else. Ronaldo's immaturity and speculative comments to the media has now left him in no mans land. If Berbatov signs he will score 30 goals a season which may leave even Ronaldo as just one of the squad not, in his mind, the main man .I think Ferguson has handled this whole fiasco with his customary skill and Blatter with egg on his face, again.

Totally agree with that last sentance, spot on fella.

redrus

Mr T,

Fan's are very fickle creatures, me included. I'm very unhappy with Ronnie, he owes us and Fergie a massive debt, I fear he has damaged his reputation beyond repair. I will be over the moon if he has a season half as good as last year, I will also have a nagging in my head, a nagging that makes me want slap the ungrateful little <deleted>....!

Remember Rio's contract senario, he was roundly and soundly booed after a Euro away in France after going to applaud the travelling fans and, righlty so. Even now those that sing his name, do so with after comment.....

More recently, Wes's silly contract situation really angered a heck of lot of us, I don't feel the same way about him now. Not when you've had examples such as Olli, Scholes and Giggs around you as perfect examples of the way to act. You get payed a fortune for playing the best game in the world, do not rub fans faces in it....!

Totally agree with that last sentance, spot on fella.

redrus

Edited by redrus

I appreciate all the comments above, and guess we will have to wait and see what happens over the next couple of months, we would all love it if you'd give us an up to date report if & when Ron struts his stuff at Old Trafford Red. (P.S. are you going to Ole's testamonial ?)

I appreciate all the comments above, and guess we will have to wait and see what happens over the next couple of months, we would all love it if you'd give us an up to date report if & when Ron struts his stuff at Old Trafford Red. (P.S. are you going to Ole's testamonial ?)

Will do.

Not sure at present, I know he's a legend but £30 for his testemonial and £15 for Juventus 4 days later is questionable. £20 each sounds far better but, in answer, yeah, probably...;-D

redrus

Redrus,

I agree with you totally. I think that Ronaldo has been a complete tool in the last couple of months, and he really owes the United fans for his behaviour. In some ways, as Sparkles as pointed out, he's in no mans land, dammned if does, dammned if he doesn't. My own feeling is that, this one is not really comparable to Wes Brown, who although pissed around with his contract last season, put in consistentltly good displays, and was probably looking for that big contract to secure his career and hoping to stay on anyway. Ronaldo on other hand is different, a big, big long term contract signed last year and then angling for a move to a small provincial Spanish club. Whilst, I'll be delighted to see him put in the same performances as he did last season, if he doesn't there'll be a nagging suspicion that if he doesn't he's sulking. Whatever the outcome, it's left a sour taste in the mouth. In the end Ronaldo has to realise, that however good he is, he'll never be as big as Manchester United or Sir Alex in the affections of the fans. I totally agree, Giggs, Scholes, Ollie and also Neville are the guys that you really have to respect for their loyalty to the club. :o

P.S Giggs highlighted for obvious reasons.

Heres one for you people....

United Make Thierry Henry Approach - Reports

redissue

Friday, 25th July 2008

United have have reportedly made an approach for former Arsenal striker Thierry Henry.

Media reports on Friday are suggesting that United have asked Barcelona about the availability of the French international striker.

The reports suggest that if United fail to land Dimitar Berbatov from Tottenham they will try to tempt Henry into returning toThe Premier League.

redrus

Don't believe all you read....! ( In the Spanish Press)

Tevez Quotes Denied

redissue

Friday, 25th July 2008

Sir Alex Ferguson has insisted that Carlos Tevez had not advised Christiano Ronaldo to leave United for Real Madrid.

Media reports on Thursday had quoted that Tevez had said that should Ronaldo wish to leave Old Trafford then he should be allowed to depart.

"Carlos Tevez did not say that," Fergie has said.

"At this moment in time we're driven by a mad media who have to get stories out every day.

"I can't wait for the season to start so we can get back to some sense of normality and we can all settle down to play football again.

"These guys in the press are just crazy."

redrus