Manchester United

redrus

Lo Lo Lo Lo Lo Lo Looooooooo, Radamel Facao.....

Did they miss out the "L" in Falcao cos it didn't fit in the song tongue.png
So long as he puts it in the City net you can call him what you want as far as I'm concerned.

Fair chance he will too.

Edited by P45Mustang

It is tough at OT, theres that many fans, and a whole lot of em are day-trippers, you know I admit that but, I defy anyone who questions our support away from home or at Red Square.

Well obviously it increases incrementally the closer you get to Basildon, but still.....

It is tough at OT, theres that many fans, and a whole lot of em are day-trippers, you know I admit that but, I defy anyone who questions our support away from home or at Red Square.

Well obviously it increases incrementally the closer you get to Basildon, but still.....

Hhhhhmmmmmm, a poor attempt Chico lad.

Should I expect more.!

redrus

• Like 2

Hhhhhmmmmmm, a poor attempt Chico lad.

Should I expect more.!

redrus

How's about gastroenteritis from an out of date prawn sandwich?

Usually takes about 6 hours before symptoms appear.

Tick Tock.

^

28-30 who cares. Can't be having any ageism in this new poiitically correct world, can we.

I doubt if he is gay, and he is definitely not black.

Unfortunately, age does matter in any sport and in particular football where your age has a significant affect to your contract value. I wouldn't necessarily call it ageism but more a fact of life that to play at the top, you have to be at your peak physically.

As for the other two points you make, not relevant at all and no real need to even mention them.

^

28-30 who cares. Can't be having any ageism in this new poiitically correct world, can we.

Unfortunately, age does matter in any sport and in particular football where your age has a significant affect to your contract value. I wouldn't necessarily call it ageism but more a fact of life that to play at the top, you have to be at your peak physically.

As for the other two points you make, not relevant at all and no real need to even mention them.

Incorrect. Accusation of Falcao lying about his age is out of order. No evidence your honour. Innocent til proven guilty.

If he's a hundred and three and puts in the City net I'll be fcking laughing.

^

Incorrect. Accusation of Falcao lying about his age is out of order. No evidence your honour. Innocent til proven guilty.

If he's a hundred and three and puts in the City net I'll be fcking laughing.

I haven't accused him of anything.

And if you think any player would still be playing top level football at 100, then you've been on the laughing gas.

So how old is Falcao then? Rumours around (again) that he has lied about his age and he's really 30 not 28. He has denied this of course.

Its fairly common practice when contracts are negotiated and finalised that all relevant documents are tabled including,medical report, citizenship,marital status,next of kin and birth certificate.

Manchester United deny there is any discrepancy over this issue and they have signed a few players over the years. It has all the hallmarks of a tabloid beat up being a slow news week

• Like 1

So how old is Falcao then? Rumours around (again) that he has lied about his age and he's really 30 not 28. He has denied this of course.

Its fairly common practice when contracts are negotiated and finalised that all relevant documents are tabled including,medical report, citizenship,marital status,next of kin and birth certificate.

Manchester United deny there is any discrepancy over this issue and they have signed a few players over the years. It has all the hallmarks of a tabloid beat up being a slow news week

Probably right Sparkles. It's been international week and the tabloids haven't had much to write about. They are probably banking on an England loss tonight so they can get on Rooney's and Hodgson's back again tomorrow.

falcao, te maria van p, rooney.,,,, best front four in the prem ? or ?

No, nowhere near Rij and perfectly summed up why not by Nev.

So far Louis's doing a rather mediocre from an outsiders point of view. (An outsider is what all self absorbed United fans like to refer to ad ABU's.....its what red nose told them to do.smile.png ) He's bought some decent players no doubt but his prioritising has been hopeless.

If the Guardian/Independent is right and he needs top three then he's toast. Ofcourse if they give him next season regardless of CL then with another three or four, such as center backs, along with Vidal and Strootman then, with the help of a 220m total spend i think you should have a crack at a CL place but that will be next season.

Louis might even nget his first win at the weekend and Pishflaps can wildly celebrate the achievement of the dutch magician. Oi vey! cheesy.gif

their transfer policy feels a bit hail mary. load up the front players, try and score enough goals against the bottom two thirds of the league to break into the top four this season, hoping that the champions league distraction for last season's top four teams will be enough to give them the leeway to do it. whatever it is it doesn't feel particularly strategic.

If the Guardian/Independent is right and he needs top three then he's toast.

Probably worth expanding on that story.

Ed Woodward sets Manchester United goal of third

Manchester United executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward has revealed the club are budgeting for a third-place finish in the Premier League this season.

Woodward made the comments while speaking on a conference call to investors following the release of the club’s latest financial figures, which showed record annual revenue of £433.2m but a drop in profits of 84% for 2013/2014.

Louis van Gaal was brought in to replace David Moyes after a disastrous 2013/2014 campaign in which United finished seventh in the Premier League and failed to qualify for the Champions League for the first time since 1995 but, despite a poor start to the current season, Woodward remains upbeat.

"We assume third [place] in our budgets,” he said when asked about the Reds’ expectations for this season. United splashed in excess of £150m on new arrivals this summer - but Woodward confirmed further funds would be made available if Van Gaal wants to add more players in January.

Full story:- http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11667/9463691/premier-league-ed-woodward-sets-manchester-united-goal-of-third

If the Guardian/Independent is right and he needs top three then he's toast.

Probably worth expanding on that story.

Ed Woodward sets Manchester United goal of third

Manchester United executive vice-chairman Ed Woodward has revealed the club are budgeting for a third-place finish in the Premier League this season.

Woodward made the comments while speaking on a conference call to investors following the release of the club’s latest financial figures, which showed record annual revenue of £433.2m but a drop in profits of 84% for 2013/2014.

Louis van Gaal was brought in to replace David Moyes after a disastrous 2013/2014 campaign in which United finished seventh in the Premier League and failed to qualify for the Champions League for the first time since 1995 but, despite a poor start to the current season, Woodward remains upbeat.

"We assume third [place] in our budgets,” he said when asked about the Reds’ expectations for this season. United splashed in excess of £150m on new arrivals this summer - but Woodward confirmed further funds would be made available if Van Gaal wants to add more players in January.

Full story:- http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11667/9463691/premier-league-ed-woodward-sets-manchester-united-goal-of-third

what a manager charged with bringing a team through a transition doesn't need is a CEO that is looking more and more like a bit of a clown. Selling Welbeck for 16m to one of your biggest rivals for a CL place was non too bright either.

Shame for United really that Gill couldn't have stayed on and held the reigns for a couple of seasons.

Edited by carmine
  • Like 2

I figured if United could square away the #10 situation and add one, and preferably two, decent CBs they might have a shot at the top 4. But the Rooney/Mata situation has not improved one iota and Rojo is the only CB they've added (and he with zero experience in the EPL).

Add in Carrick's injury and the continued struggles with LVG's preferred formation and what do you have ?