Manchester United

redrus

Redrus's comment about wining the league is only tounge in cheek fun, I am just happy we are playing a more entertaining brand of football and starting to look like a decent team, we have some breathing space between us and the chasing pack for top 4.

I must also add Herrera is fantastic footballer and a joy to watch.

• Like 1

Redrus's comment about wining the league is only tounge in cheek fun, I am just happy we are playing a more entertaining brand of football and starting to look like a decent team, we have some breathing space between us and the chasing pack for top 4.

+1 thumbsup.gif And hopefully he will get better,plays with a smile on his face too,Blind for me is a bargain 100% effort in whatever position he is asked to play.

• Like 1

+1 thumbsup.gif And hopefully he will get better,plays with a smile on his face too,Blind for me is a bargain 100% effort in whatever position he is asked to play.

Don't really know why any of you listen to a word of the rubbish that comes out of van Gaals mouth. United frankly are where they are in spite of his tactics and selections and i wonder just how much better off you would be if he hadn't frozen out the creative talents out Mata and the very impressive Herrera.

I say this off the back of his stupid comments about winning the league. Well if it wasn't for him you might well have had a real go at it with the lack of european and domestic fixtures. Put simply United don't function well with a compressed midfield that stifle the talents of your world class players, that slows the play down to an almost standstill. Ancelotti played Di Maria behind Benzema, Bale and Ronaldo allowing the space that he needs to charge down the flank of cut in the middle whereas as van Gaal had him stuck in a tight midfield reduced to short passing. Utterly rubbish tactics from such an experienced coach. Now that the likes of Mata are in the side the play has opened up releasing the talents of the other and United look very impressive but i really can't see how much of it is down the the manager.

Totally agree with you about Blind and Herrera. They would grace any team.

van Gaal-in his first season of English football has shuffled with formations and players to see what will produce an entertaining and,eventually and hopefully a sucessfull side,firstly you praise him for being an experienced coach then question his tactics,no matter who is in charge or how well they are doing the ABU,s want to critisize-you may ask yourself what has your club/manager done in the past 30 years that surpasses the achievements of this great club?

• Like 2

van Gaal-in his first season of English football has shuffled with formations and players to see what will produce an entertaining and,eventually and hopefully a sucessfull side,firstly you praise him for being an experienced coach then question his tactics,no matter who is in charge or how well they are doing the ABU,s want to critisize-you may ask yourself what has your club/manager done in the past 30 years that surpasses the achievements of this great club?

Oh here we go....yes lets harp on about ABU's ad nauseum when faced with criticism! Please stop it, its so boring and you embarrass yourselves bleating on about it. Real Madrid are a much bigger club than you and they don't whine on about anyone but Los Blancos so why should a much smaller club like yours Peter?

First and foremost of course you have to praise a coach that has won domestic titles in three countries.(although i think we can all agree Bayern would have won it without a manager) But you can't teach an old dog new tricks and van Gaal has spent most of the season trying to put square pegs in round holes. Playing formations that are CLEARLY, Peter, not suited to your team. Theres a slight difference between trying different formations and plain stubborn stupidity as your away support has reminded him on numerous occasions i might add.

Peter, i don't ask questions about other clubs when discussing systems and tactics of your club. You would find that too confusing.

Fact is, van Gaal has done a very average job, given the splendid squad at his disposal and the huge advantage of the limited fixtures, although if my memory serves me right he barked on about his fixture build up for months didn't he.

I have a feeling that Giggs might just be the unsung hero being the scenes.

I wonder what it will take to get mred back on here, maybe a win on Sunday, or me tempting him out to a few jugs of the home brew beer in the Pullman hotel.

Its always nice to see United climbing the table. If for no other reason that all of a sudden the likes of bkk james and petermlk return to the forum!!! I see the same 3 or 4 posters on here, rain or shine. Then all of a sudden the fair weather supporters appear!!clap2.gifclap2.gif

been here all along matey, just was busy waving goodbye to Captain Fantastic over in the pool page to be too worried about you guys too much. Top 4 is the goal and I think we will make it. We are in transition - upwards, not so sure about you guys - perhaps the other way...?

My issues with the ff forum have to do with a bias by a certain member on here who plays by one set of rules and dictates by another and hence why I dont hang out too much but I do look in now and again.

Besides, there are many other forums to venture into - funny never see you or any other city fan in any other though. Even Smokes ventures out of Spurs land for a burger now and again.

Btw, I liked the headline on bbc football yesterday i think it was, city suffers bitter defeat - sums is all up really. even the bbc can't help it. :)

Its always nice to see United climbing the table. If for no other reason that all of a sudden the likes of bkk james and petermlk return to the forum!!! I see the same 3 or 4 posters on here, rain or shine. Then all of a sudden the fair weather supporters appear!!clap2.gifclap2.gif

My issues with the ff forum have to do with a bias by a certain member on here who plays by one set of rules and dictates by another and hence why I dont hang out too much but I do look in now and again.

Besides, there are many other forums to venture into - funny never see you or any other city fan in any other though. Even Smokes ventures out of Spurs land for a burger now and again.

The thing is "101 ways to eat Maple Syrup" and " Top ten gays in Canadian Ice Hockey" would be forums that I steer clear of.clap2.gif

• Like 1

Are you keeping a spreadsheet Carmine?

I've shown more loyalty to this thread than most of this lot!!! laugh.png

When everything went Pete Tong it was only me, Rus and Nev on here to discuss the way forward!!!!

Anyway, Santi, you should be keeping Chicog company, he's a lonely soul on the

"Wenger, its time to go" thread. thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

been here all along matey, just was busy waving goodbye to Captain Fantastic over in the pool page to be too worried about you guys too much. Top 4 is the goal and I think we will make it. We are in transition - upwards, not so sure about you guys - perhaps the other way...?

Btw, I liked the headline on bbc football yesterday i think it was, city suffers bitter defeat - sums is all up really. even the bbc can't help it. smile.png

Theres no bias shown on here. Quite the opposite actually.

I do seem to remember you getting all uptight about the "United in decline thread." why? You win the league by eleven points yet that thread was still going strong yet you can't see the funny side or the irony?

No bias on here James. Sense of humor failure maybe?

• Like 1

Correct me if i'm wrong but i don't remember any of the regular Man Yoo posters having a problem with it either. They just enjoy the crack.

Anyway, if they get upset they just go onto the Spurs thread for a pop!!

Correct me if i'm wrong but i don't remember any of the regular Man Yoo posters having a problem with it either. They just enjoy the crack.

Anyway, if they get upset they just go onto the Spurs thread for a pop!!

Never had an issue with it, yeah, more a source of amusement than anything.

Whats the "Spurs Thread"..?

redrus

• Like 1

Are you keeping a spreadsheet Carmine?

I've shown more loyalty to this thread than most of this lot!!! laugh.png

When everything went Pete Tong it was only me, Rus and Nev on here to discuss the way forward!!!!

Anyway, Santi, you should be keeping Chicog company, he's a lonely soul on the

"Wenger, its time to go" thread. thumbsup.gif

The "it's time to go now" mob don't post there any more

;)

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I can't help being funny, especially seeing as it's winding Carm'Mr Doom'ine up. alt=laugh.png>

redrus

Rus, when the self obsessed labelling of ABU's rears it little head its hardly me who is wound up is it!! alt=biggrin.png>

Its always nice to see United climbing the table. If for no other reason that all of a sudden the likes of bkk james and petermlk return to the forum!!! I see the same 3 or 4 posters on here, rain or shine. Then all of a sudden the fair weather supporters appear!! alt=clap2.gif> alt=clap2.gif>

Fair weather or not I started watching United as a 13 year old back in 1961/62 when they signed Denis Law (my all time favourite) throughout the years I have admired the great sides of the times Spurs with Danny Blanchflower/Dave Mackay Burnley with Jimmy Adamson/Jimmy McIlroy, Forest and Derby under Brian Clough Liverpool under countless managers Arsenal "the invincibles" in particular- Everton when they had Ball Harvey and Young in there midfield Chelsea and Man City of late- watching and enjoying seeing good football played by which ever team has been a passion throughout my life-the only exception being the dark days of Leeds United............I have seen the ups and downs of United also and how football has become big business now,not just a sport anymore- times change, but what has not changed is my alliegence to possibly one of the finest football clubs in the world a club that you either love or hate and sadly so many supporters of other inferior English clubs are envious of the success and achievements United have made throughout the years in fact jealousy and bitterness has become the norm from the majority, hence the term ABU,s -last season the ABU,s had a field day even though their club may have been losing, the fact that United were rubbish it gave them great satisfaction-wer,e crap but it doesn,t matter United are also........pathetic attitude and you cannot have a rational discussion with most on here.....no football club has a divine right to success year after year- its not possible and indeed football would become boring if it where, but a question I ask of the ABU,s is simple.... how does your clubs achievement,s over the last 50 years measure up whistling.gif

p.s. don,t all shout at once

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I can't help being funny, especially seeing as it's winding Carm'Mr Doom'ine up. alt=laugh.png>

redrus

Rus, when the self obsessed labelling of ABU's rears it little head its hardly me who is wound up is it!! alt=biggrin.png>

Its always nice to see United climbing the table. If for no other reason that all of a sudden the likes of bkk james and petermlk return to the forum!!! I see the same 3 or 4 posters on here, rain or shine. Then all of a sudden the fair weather supporters appear!! alt=clap2.gif> alt=clap2.gif>

Fair weather or not I started watching United as a 13 year old back in 1961/62 when they signed Denis Law (my all time favourite) throughout the years I have admired the great sides of the times Spurs with Danny Blanchflower/Dave Mackay Burnley with Jimmy Adamson/Jimmy McIlroy, Forest and Derby under Brian Clough Liverpool under countless managers Arsenal "the invincibles" in particular- Everton when they had Ball Harvey and Young in there midfield Chelsea and Man City of late- watching and enjoying seeing good football played by which ever team has been a passion throughout my life-the only exception being the dark days of Leeds United............I have seen the ups and downs of United also and how football has become big business now,not just a sport anymore- times change, but what has not changed is my alliegence to possibly one of the finest football clubs in the world a club that you either love or hate and sadly so many supporters of other inferior English clubs are envious of the success and achievements United have made throughout the years in fact jealousy and bitterness has become the norm from the majority, hence the term ABU,s -last season the ABU,s had a field day even though their club may have been losing, the fact that United were rubbish it gave them great satisfaction-wer,e crap but it doesn,t matter United are also........pathetic attitude and you cannot have a rational discussion with most on here.....no football club has a divine right to success year after year- its not possible and indeed football would become boring if it where, but a question I ask of the ABU,s is simple.... how does your clubs achievement,s over the last 50 years measure up whistling.gif

p.s. don,t all shout at once

I bet this is a phrase you are familiar with "Yes we know granddad, you told us yesterday"

Couldn't help myself mik, no disrespect intended wai.gif

For someone who has followed the game for decades its surprising that you seem to think that MU are singled out for special treatment Petermilk. It's not a UK phenomenon - think Real in Spain and Bayern in Germany (Bayern possibly the most disliked team on the planet if you talk to the average German!). Just get on with your support and quit worrying what others think.

Odd though that some teams manage to dominate for periods and don't seem to attract the same level of dislike (just a personal observation, maybe others will disagree) - think Liverpool and Barca. Perhaps you should keep worryingthumbsup.gif

Edited by SantiSuk