Manchester United

redrus

first chance for a while were Manu actually played a team that needed to win rather than settle for a draw.

What transpired tonight is an enormous confidence boost for the team and a serious slap down for Chelsea,  pity it didn't happen 6 weeks ago.

Chelsea played hardball and Manu gave it right back in spades, I now expect Chelsea to have a problem with their remaining games after such a slaughter.

9 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

Fantastic display, makes you wonder why Zlatan has not been on the bench more often. I think the team looks slicker and faster with Rashford darting about. 

9 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

Fantastic display, makes you wonder why Zlatan has not been on the bench more often. I think the team looks slicker and faster with Rashford darting about. 

I did offer that as another option with more pace months ago but was told by Peter i walking saying that Zlatan was crap.....which was a truly original take on a plan B idea!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, carmine said:

I did offer that as another option with more pace months ago but was told by Peter i walking saying that Zlatan was crap.....which was a truly original take on a plan B idea!!!

"That i was saying that"  :smile:

Funny isn't it that in the mindset of some, Sparkles included, to offer a tactical change which requires resting a player is an insinuation that he he too old, no ,good or whatever!   

Interestly i see the press are barking on about Mourinho winning the tactical battle, which of course he did, but it should be remembered how underwhelming he's been most of the rest of the season

Edited by carmine

1 minute ago, StevieH said:

tell you what though, it is really quite impressive that when united win it is the result of a tactical masterclass by the wily old mourinho but when they drop points or lose it is the fault of his forward players for not scoring. 

Or that they didn't follow his flawless game plan to the letter.......

When Herrera threw his shorts into the laundry basket Hazard fell out of the pocket. He still managed a cracking shot for the 2nd goal; Hazard not reciprocating in kind. Hazard has the look of a flat track bully.

6 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

It is a fantastic tactic when done properly but I want to see good attractive football with the teams attacking each other not trying to negate each other.

half of football is one team trying to negate another. it's just part of the game. i love a good man marking, it's classic stuff.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StevieH said:

half of football is one team trying to negate another. it's just part of the game. i love a good man marking, it's classic stuff.

I must agree Stevie. But as long as they don't bring back the back pass to the keeper rule, heck Liverpool might start winning things again ;-)

• Like 2

On ‎4‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 8:16 PM, mrbojangles said:

It was only last week he was saying he feels like Benjamin Button

Zlatan Ibrahimovic likened himself to Benjamin Button after the Man Utd forward turned in another man-of-the-match display in his side's vital 3-0 win at Sunderland on Sunday.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11667/10831887/zlatan-ibrahimovic-says-he-feels-like-benjamin-button-i-was-born-old-and-i-will-die-young

His sense of humour has obviously escaped you

On ‎4‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 0:10 AM, BangrakBob said:

Maybe the fact that he has scored 28 goals while all other including Rashford have previously failed to find the net might be clue.Rashford has had a lot of game time this season just suffering from a lack of confidence 2nd season syndrome maybe and with Martial having totally lost it ,Mikityryan,Rooney injured doesnt leave a lot left.

Rashford will be the main man for long time ,he's only 19 he has said himself he is still learning and guess who is his primary teacher. 

On ‎4‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 11:47 AM, carmine said:

"That i was saying that"  :smile:

Funny isn't it that in the mindset of some, Sparkles included, to offer a tactical change which requires resting a player is an insinuation that he he too old, no ,good or whatever!   

Interestly i see the press are barking on about Mourinho winning the tactical battle, which of course he did, but it should be remembered how underwhelming he's been most of the rest of the season

Zlatan has had more game time than any other United player.Obviously he is feeling the pinch.He never would have had the pace to score the goal Rashford did and Rashford turned the corner,confidence wise, the match before .Pity Martial can't do the same and then it would be a lethal attack. It was United best game for a long ,long time but obviously the Europa match is the big one. The Chelsea game was just one game, calm down

I dont particularly like Mourinho's attitude but he can hardly be blamed for underwhelming results this season when the team have totally dominated games with out scoring and hitting the posts 28 times.The "blame the Manage" mindset is very tiresome

.United this season have simply not been good enough in front of goal, end of story.

Zlatan has hit the back of the netnet 28 times no one else had reached double figures

Edited by Sparkles

34 minutes ago, Sparkles said:

Zlatan has had more game time than any other United player.Obviously he is feeling the pinch.He never would have had the pace to score the goal Rashford did and Rashford turned the corner,confidence wise, the match before .Pity Martial can't do the same and then it would be a lethal attack. It was United best game for a long ,long time but obviously the Europa match is the big one. The Chelsea game was just one game, calm down

I dont particularly like Mourinho's attitude but he can hardly be blamed for underwhelming results this season when the team have totally dominated games with out scoring and hitting the posts 28 times.The "blame the Manage" mindset is very tiresome

.United this season have simply not been good enough in front of goal, end of story.

Zlatan has hit the back of the netnet 28 times no one else had reached double figures

Were not debating whether Zlatan can score, he's been doing that his entire career.

All that was suggested and discussed was the validity of a plan B and clearly it is valid.

4 hours ago, Sparkles said:

Maybe the fact that he has scored 28 goals while all other including Rashford have previously failed to find the net might be clue.Rashford has had a lot of game time this season just suffering from a lack of confidence 2nd season syndrome maybe and with Martial having totally lost it ,Mikityryan,Rooney injured doesnt leave a lot left.

Rashford will be the main man for long time ,he's only 19 he has said himself he is still learning and guess who is his primary teacher. 

Zlatan might have scored 28 goals but you managed to go 20 odd games unbeaten and go no higher than 6th in the league, with a record amount of low scoring draws. 

You could physically see how much pace and fluidity the team had with Rashford playing central. Building the play around Zlatan stifles the pace in attack and if it wasn't for many late game saving goals he might have been dropped sooner and the kid had more time to prove himself in a central role. 

• Like 1