Manchester United

redrus

18 minutes ago, petermik said:

Wasteful finishing from United once again....another 2 points lost.......must be City,s title now surely :thumbsup:

Its been quite obvious for a while now that the title is City's.  Basically because they are vastly superior to the rest of us.  I don't really understand why you would think United were even in the mix?  Because sure as hell, no Spurs, Chelsea, Liverpool or Arsenal fans think their teams are in with a shout.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, carmine said:

Its been quite obvious for a while now that the title is City's.  Basically because they are vastly superior to the rest of us.  I don't really understand why you would think United were even in the mix?  Because sure as hell, no Spurs, Chelsea, Liverpool or Arsenal fans think their teams are in with a shout.

So you are saying we all should just give up, yes they are the best team right now but to not try and give them at least a fight is not good for the game, until it is Mathematically impossible to stop them all team owe have to just try and keep on winning.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, nev said:

So you are saying we all should just give up, yes they are the best team right now but to not try and give them at least a fight is not good for the game, until it is Mathematically impossible to stop them all team owe have to just try and keep on winning.

Fair enough.  In that case i'll rephrase.  "At this moment in time" none of us are even in the mix.

Point taken, we shouldn't give up but at this stage and they way its going its looking entirely futile.

On 24/12/2017 at 7:33 AM, nev said:

Thats all we can do Nev but the turning point for me was the derby defeat,I honestly felt with Pogba playing we could have given them a real game but it wasn,t to be :sorry:

On 24/12/2017 at 8:04 AM, smedly said:

Manu had that game in their pocket and they threw it away, no real excuse for that especially against a 10 man team

10 men or not we were controlling the game,wastefull finishing was our downfall and not for the first time this season......:whistling:

8 hours ago, carmine said:

Fair enough.  In that case i'll rephrase.  "At this moment in time" none of us are even in the mix.

Point taken, we shouldn't give up but at this stage and they way its going its looking entirely futile.

"at this moment in time" City are head and shoulders above the rest and deservedly so with the football they are playing......I have many long suffering City pals back in the UK...and over here....and its nice to see the smiles put back on their faces since 2008,if United cannot be winners let it be City..........nowt down south for them "southern softies" I say......:cheesy:

back to the "rubber garden" later today so no tinternet until returning to Patts early in the new year.

6 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

Dunno jelly. We are not allowed to discuss such matters on here :thumbsup:

I figure United will find a way to three points against Southampton, but January 2 away to Everton could be interesting. Looking forward to Big Sam gloating and Mourinho complaining to his astrologist.

4 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

He seems to be complaining about anything and everything at the moment.

To be fair its worked well for him in the past.  Maybe its time now to change the record and praise teams that beat them, acknowledge his own shortcomings?  Even if theres a degree of truth in what he says, and there is, i don't think the board pay him his enormous salary to simply concede that "we need to spend more than them"  Others can far more rightfully argue the toss maybe,  but Mourinho's spent almost 300m already.  He hasn't even been able to create a two horse race of the big spenders which, if he's as good as he's always told us he is,  should have been a requirement.  How many time over the past two seasons has the performances of De Gea saved Mourinho?  

However, he's still got it because orchestrating the melee in the OT tunnel with City did a perfect job of deflecting the journos away from ridiculing his tactics and approach to the derby.  That was classic Mourinho.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, jellydog said:

Not to go unnoticed is the effect Mourinho's complaints have on his current crop of players at United. Many are going to think they are not up to snuff.  More man management issues ?

Derogatory comments made publicly certainly don't help.  Ask RM and Chelsea players.  

On 12/24/2017 at 2:33 PM, nev said:

Look at it another way, Man City haven't lost a match this season and if i'm correct they've only lost 

2 matches in the last year.

They would have to lose 5 or 6 matches from now to the end of the season and the chasing pack need 

to keep on winning.

It's never gonna happen! The title is already Man City's.

BTW, Mourinho is now saying the £300M he's spent isn't enough for him to compete for the title.

Which just about sums him up nicely that he can only buy himself success. LAUGHABLE! 

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/42488421

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Decent article by JC. JM does seem to be an ever increasing gloomy character though. I always liked him but he is a lot gloomier than he used to be.

He enjoys being the villain. Would be good in Aladdin.

He is just angling for some transfer money from the board.

If he hadn't already fallen out with him, he could ask Klopp how he persuaded his board to part with £75 mill for Dick Van Dyke. I suspect they are anticipating getting that back; and some more; for selling Coutinho. Will it be now or in the Summer? I reckon he will stay till summer; won't be playing in the Champions League if he moves now.

Just now, champers said:

If he hadn't already fallen out with him, he could ask Klopp how he persuaded his board to part with £75 mill for Dick Van Dyke. I suspect they are anticipating getting that back; and some more; for selling Coutinho. Will it be now or in the Summer? I reckon he will stay till summer; won't be playing in the Champions League if he moves now.

PC is playing out his skin in a WC year so maybe he is off come jan and I'd rather he did go in jan and then we could evaluate his omission during this season and prepare better for the next. Even if he does do1 in jan I think we will Finnish above 4th. Mourinho looking outward a bit too much and not getting best out of his team is glaring at present. His negative tactics are undermining the players abilities.

• Sad 1

43 minutes ago, champers said:

Cash for VVD was there last Summer and not dependent on PC. Hopefully Couts stays (at least) till the end of the season. Worth even more after World Cup?......and then we have Keita and possibly Goretzka coming in to midfield.

• Sad 1

Just now, wilai said:

Cash for VVD was there last Summer and not dependent on PC. Hopefully Couts stays (at least) till the end of the season. Worth even more after World Cup?......and then we have Keita and possibly Goretzka coming in to midfield.

Guy wants out Wilai it's clear as day and if his fee is 125m now it will not go beyond that regardless of WC exploits. Keeping him til the end just means we have less time to assess and less time to find a replacement and given the debacle surrounding VVD this board needs time. I'd prefer we went half a season without a sparkle and it be noted early on and increase the pressure to get that replacement early. Leon Goretzka yes he is the one we should be getting.