Manchester United

redrus

3 hours ago, carmine said:

Sorry but i'm struggling with the reality of all this which is that i'm having to prove to you, and presumably BB that i believe Pep to be a fine manager!!  Bar the fact that i've said it on here a number of times do you get how bizarre i find this?  Incidentally, if it also helps i can confirm that i've also referred to David Silva as world class.  Now, if the pair of you had bothered to read my posts then i would not be having to respond to these hang ups.  Its there in black and white!!  i've also said

Thats me done, what Ronnie says or does is his business, but i will stand by what i have posted.

(Perhaps you could remind that E/S that i have him on ignore so unless i have the misfortune of someone quoting him i don't see anymore of his boorish anti semitic bile. Thanks.)

It's funny but my recollection is that Carmine has always maintained that Pep's success is just based on money.  Anyway I'm happy to read he does rate Pep as a top manager and he does rate Silva as a world class player.

19 hours ago, carmine said:

Sorry but i'm struggling with the reality of all this which is that i'm having to prove to you, and presumably BB that i believe Pep to be a fine manager!!  Bar the fact that i've said it on here a number of times do you get how bizarre i find this?  Incidentally, if it also helps i can confirm that i've also referred to David Silva as world class.  Now, if the pair of you had bothered to read my posts then i would not be having to respond to these hang ups.  Its there in black and white!!  i've also said

Thats me done, what Ronnie says or does is his business, but i will stand by what i have posted.

(Perhaps you could remind that E/S that i have him on ignore so unless i have the misfortune of someone quoting him i don't see anymore of his boorish anti semitic bile. Thanks.)

Perhaps the ale has addled the Citeh brains or possibly the air is a tad thin up there so I had best remind mrboj and his henchmen that I was praising Pep's style of play earlier in the season and am still enjoying watching them.

All I said was he will need to up his game tactically in the last stages of the CL.

Best of luck to them as when you enter the astronomic spending area the only real measure of value in terms of kudos is winning that competition.

Edited by RonniePickering22
Spelling...since some of us can in fact read and write in English.

30 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Best of luck to them as when you enter the astronomic spending area the only real measure of value in terms of kudos is winning that competition.

Still you cannot come to grips with M/City,s  spending power, the above comment,   is just another    poor long suffering fluffing Spuds   sore loser.s view,

54 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Perhaps the ale has addled the Citeh brains or possibly the air is a tad thin up there so I had best remind mrboj and his henchmen that I was praising Pep's style of play earlier in the season and am still enjoying watching them.

All I said was he will need to up his game tactically in the last stages of the CL.

They have selective memories or something akin to that.  or maybe they are starting their own ferguson style psychology that he embedded at United with all that ABU crap?

Sane, btw gets my nod as YPoY.  No doubt they'll have forgotten i posted that too in a couple of weeks.:smile:

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, carmine said:

They have selective memories or something akin to that.  or maybe they are starting their own ferguson style psychology that he embedded at United with all that ABU crap?

Sane, btw gets my nod as YPoY.  No doubt they'll have forgotten i posted that too in a couple of weeks.:smile:

Selective memory? I don't think so,  though maybe i'm getting you mixed up with your altar ego Alfie, but I'm convinced one of you - I'm pretty sure it was you - were of the opinion that Pep's success was based on having money to buy top players and he couldn't do it at a lesser club. Seems that you now accept he is a top manager;  I'm pleased for you. 

I agree with your choice of Sane; he'd get my nod to. Won't forget. 

2 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Selective memory? I don't think so,  though maybe i'm getting you mixed up with your altar ego Alfie, but I'm convinced one of you - I'm pretty sure it was you - were of the opinion that Pep's success was based on having money to buy top players and he couldn't do it at a lesser club. Seems that you now accept he is a top manager;  I'm pleased for you. 

I agree with your choice of Sane; he'd get my nod to. Won't forget. 

It gets more and more difficult to do it at a club with fewer resources with every passing year.

Simple fact so I doubt anyone will repeat the Leicester experience in the next 25 years.

Like you I doubt anyone will do a Leicester anytime soon. I think they may have benifited from the top teams being in a transition period (none were that strong that season) but mostly they showed what a 'TEAM' of players working for each other can achieve together. Awesome achievement by Leicester.

(They reminded me of Cloughie's great Forest teams).

Edited by Bredbury Blue

Let me explain something to you which may give a better perspective on why football is rapidly changing.

I am a One Hotspur Bronze card holder for which I pay 60 quid a year. This entitles me to a 24 hr window above other supporters when buying tickets for any game.

This season is an anomaly of course with around 30-40k tickets freely available for most of our home games so if I call for a home Premiership match in that 24 hr period the chances are good that I will get at least one ticket.

Now forward to the FA Cup semi-final and there are less tickets.

I was unable to get on the phone that day due to work commitments so missed out.

An email arrives in my box a few days later asking if I want to avail myself of the VIP service for this game so I enquired.

Its 265 quid plus VAT (20%) for a seat and that does not include any food and drink.

Welcome to the future of Premiership football and its not a pleasant one unless you have a lot of wonga.

It will happen next at Chelsea and is already on the cards at WHL....City will follow eventually and I am talking about what percentage of those seats clubs think they can get away with.

Read the last line again in case you missed it.

5 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Let me explain something to you which may give a better perspective on why football is rapidly changing.

I am a One Hotspur Bronze card holder for which I pay 60 quid a year. This entitles me to a 24 hr window above other supporters when buying tickets for any game.

This season is an anomaly of course with around 30-40k tickets freely available for most of our home games so if I call for a home Premiership match in that 24 hr period the chances are good that I will get at least one ticket.

Now forward to the FA Cup semi-final and there are less tickets.

I was unable to get on the phone that day due to work commitments so missed out.

An email arrives in my box a few days later asking if I want to avail myself of the VIP service for this game so I enquired.

Its 265 quid plus VAT (20%) for a seat and that does not include any food and drink.

Welcome to the future of Premiership football and its not a pleasant one unless you have a lot of wonga.

It will happen next at Chelsea and is already on the cards at WHL....City will follow eventually and I am talking about what percentage of those seats clubs think they can get away with.

Read the last line again in case you missed it.

If there is no food or drink for the VIP service, what do you get for the service to be called VIP?

10 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

It gets more and more difficult to do it at a club with fewer resources with every passing year.

your knowledge of the epl is sh#t.and you post accordingly

its clear as day that skull pep m.city has stolen the march on their main rivals   (apart from l.pool  ) on one hand you have arsenal and c/sea at cross roads  .m/u spent a fortune and struggling to stay in touch.on the other hand  we have.spuds where a low dog of a c/man loser levy isnt prepared to pay his players the going rate.    therefore m/ city in .my view totally deserve their top dog status without the money spent b/ s      btw   why use my nic .fluff off  .get your own gig  and fluff off

1 minute ago, wilai said:

Don't think he has had too much to beat this year but Sterling has stood out this season for me. 

TBH, I can only think of Sane. He's class but there might be other young uns at clubs I don't watch as much as City.

Sterling is frustrating. Scored lots of very important goals but still a lot of improvements to be had.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mrbojangles said:

TBH, I can only think of Sane. He's class but there might be other young uns at clubs I don't watch as much as City.

Sterling is frustrating. Scored lots of very important goals but still a lot of improvements to be had.

He's German mate:whistling:

4 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Unfortunately its not Delle Alli.

I'm hoping McTominay wins it next year.

Two votes for Sane so far then!

Read your question again Ronnie. McTominay/Sane aren't English! If you aren't excluding those pesky foreigners then Sane gets my vote too.:thumbsup:

12 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Unfortunately its not Delle Alli.

I'm hoping McTominay wins it next year.

Two votes for Sane so far then!

Three !:thumbsup:

Looking for Sane to be Franck Ribery-like in the next few years. Hopefully without the injuries and off pitch diversions.

Oh...not English.:cowboy:

Edited by jellydog

Sterling is 24 - young in the grand scheme of things, but not sure he would qualify for any young player of the year awards? If 24 is OK then Harry Kane has to get it.

Of the younger players maybe even Calvert Lewin at Everton? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RickG16 said:

Sterling is 24 - young in the grand scheme of things, but not sure he would qualify for any young player of the year awards? If 24 is OK then Harry Kane has to get it.

Of the younger players maybe even Calvert Lewin at Everton? 

Still 23 mate...AFAIK as long as you are 23 or less at the season start, you qualify.

Born: 8 December 1994 (age 23),