Manchester United

redrus

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

ManUs struggles to find a Fergie replacement (3 managers in 5 years to date) while trying to remain a top team reminds me of ManUs struggles to find a Busby replacement (5 managers in 15 years until Rednose came along) while trying to remain a top team. Enjoyed it then, enjoying it now.

You've got that to look forward to when Pep jogs off.

58 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

^I dont know. Mancini..Pellegrini..Pep...its been a nice progression. Maybe it will stop with Peps departure or maybe his heir (probably in house) will keep it going.

Arteta? Complete novice and a huge risk. Viera is making a pig's ear of things at Nice.

Yes BB, but for every novice that turned out to be successful (say in the imagined list of "the hundred best ever managers in the Prem and its predecessor in the modern era") there are probably two or three non-novices).

Go with the percentages I say! I voted against Arteta when Wenger left and stuck my hand up for Unai Emery who was not strangely being touted at the time - one of my better calls!

Incidentally, I would regard Poch as a very desirable manager for any top 4 club despite his lack of trophies. I might even put Eddie Howe as borderline in that category.

24 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

I'd put my hat on Vinny before Zabba. Vinny is a born leader and extremely savvy

Could definitely be the case. I'd throw Zabaleta and definitely Arteta in the mix as well. Vinny could also be a candidate for Belgium down the road.

3 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Why would selling to arabs (Saudi prince) be selling your soul? You are foreign owned (american) already.

Being owned by Arabs or Americans is not the issue. Being owned by a state that will use an English football team, one of the greatest ever football clubs as a pawn for its political and social message. 

Then there is the issue, there are states and then there is this particular state. 

I cannot comprehend how this could possibly happen. 

19 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

I'm happy as Larry here. Pop down for my weekly flogging and then off to Carrefour for our weekly shop

hahaha I bet you are a regular at Chop Chop Square, popcorn and alcohol free beer at the ready ???? 

edit. that said, it's a long long way from your compound, might be doable on a Friday, not sure if they cut heads off on Fridays though? 

edit2: Thought you'd be doing the weekly shop at posh Danube

An abusive post has been removed, along with its author.

Racial comments and abuse have no place in this forum.

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

On 11/15/2018 at 12:00 PM, BangrakBob said:

Being owned by Arabs or Americans is not the issue. Being owned by a state that will use an English football team, one of the greatest ever football clubs as a pawn for its political and social message. 

Then there is the issue, there are states and then there is this particular state. 

I cannot comprehend how this could possibly happen. 

Seriously are you claiming Manchester city are one of the greatest clubs? A history built on one decade and dodgy deals. 

Archived