Manchester United

redrus

the game has evolved and mourinho hasn't. the best teams now play high intensity pressing games, attacking football and get results from it. his conservative don't lose philosophy doesn't wash any longer and his players look utterly fed up of it. because they want to be playing, or at least attempting to play, the same way man city do, barcelona do, dortmund do, even how liverpool do. exciting, fun football that wins matches. rather than dull, turgid tedium and hope fellaini gets on the end of something we lob into the box.

good to see he hasn't given up his habit of making things all about him last night though. that throwing the water bottles thing at the end was really quite pathetic.

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, StevieH said:

the game has evolved and mourinho hasn't. the best teams now play high intensity pressing games, attacking football and get results from it. his conservative don't lose philosophy doesn't wash any longer and his players look utterly fed up of it. because they want to be playing, or at least attempting to play, the same way man city do, barcelona do, dortmund do, even how liverpool do. exciting, fun football that wins matches. rather than dull, turgid tedium and hope fellaini gets on the end of something we lob into the box.

good to see he hasn't given up his habit of making things all about him last night though. that throwing the water bottles thing at the end was really quite pathetic.

The cracks are papered over nicely....hopefully that win will sustain his position until at least the summer....with the bonus of a couple more dud signings in Jan.

9 hours ago, carmine said:

So Marcus Rashford misses a chance he really should have scored from and Jose turns to the crowd shaking his head.  And repeated this further on during the game.

What on earth type of man management is this?  He's 20 years old.   No wonder the lads low on confidence.  I'm surprised he has any left at all.

Stop copying what you've heard people say on the TV. How many times have we seen Pep go absolutely bananas with similar reactions when Raheem Sterling has missed sitters.

Throwing crates of water bottles about last night was questionable behaviour, but his reaction to Rashford's miss is no different plenty of other managers. Even if Gary Lineker chose to highlight it!

2 minutes ago, hackjam said:

Do Man Utd fans reckon that the likes Smalling, Jones and Fellini are Man U class/standard?

Says it all last night, lump high ball into box and hope Fellini gets on the end of it.

Fellaini and Smalling shouldn't be more than squad players. But can't knock Fellaini for that finish last night. 

I'm sure Jones isn't a bad person but I don't think he should be a United player by now, no. 

2013 Rednose said:
"Jones, arguably the way he is looking, could be our best ever player. I think Jones may be one of the best players we have ever had, not matter where we play him. At 21 years of age, he is going to be a phenomenal player. I think he can play anywhere on the pitch.

"He has such a massive influence, with his instinct and reading of the game. He has a drive about him."

Stop laughing people.

2 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

2013 Rednose said:
"Jones, arguably the way he is looking, could be our best ever player. I think Jones may be one of the best players we have ever had, not matter where we play him. At 21 years of age, he is going to be a phenomenal player. I think he can play anywhere on the pitch.

"He has such a massive influence, with his instinct and reading of the game. He has a drive about him."

Stop laughing people.

It's not so strange. If you cast your mind back he really was impressive as a youngster, and looked like he could even be a box to box midfielder with power and pace.

Unfortunately his genetics mean he's piled on weight and become more cumbersome. I'm sure he's worked hard on his fitness but with some people thats how it goes.

As a defender, he has the lack of regard for his own safety that Vidic had but without the precision and intelligence.

Players have different career trajectories, and for Jones it's become a struggle as time's gone on. Should take into account injuries too.

12 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Stop copying what you've heard people say on the TV. How many times have we seen Pep go absolutely bananas with similar reactions when Raheem Sterling has missed sitters.

Throwing crates of water bottles about last night was questionable behaviour, but his reaction to Rashford's miss is no different plenty of other managers. Even if Gary Lineker chose to highlight it!

Please don't use the excuse that i'm copying what some pundit says.  All i'm actually saying is what i, and most others btw consider is plain to see.  Honestly Rick, you are the one who's opinions on Mourinho are out of touch with others not mine!!!

I'm getting increasingly interested in how your stance is going to read once Mourinho and United part company ninth next few months.

Now i don't agree with everything Lineker says but i reckon he's knows a little bit more than you???? 

14 hours ago, RickG16 said:

It's not so strange. If you cast your mind back he really was impressive as a youngster, and looked like he could even be a box to box midfielder with power and pace.

Unfortunately his genetics mean he's piled on weight and become more cumbersome. I'm sure he's worked hard on his fitness but with some people thats how it goes.

As a defender, he has the lack of regard for his own safety that Vidic had but without the precision and intelligence.

Players have different career trajectories, and for Jones it's become a struggle as time's gone on. Should take into account injuries too.

True. Jones is hardly the first young player to not fullfill his early promise ,its a nonsense discussion. Being an arm chair critic isn't that hard using selective memories is it BB ?

In 2009/10 Ravel Morrison, at 17, was seen as potentially the best young player to ever come through the Man U Academy and not only by United followers its was universal.

His career and personal problems went into a nose dive and he drifted out of sight.

At least Jones gives 100% every time he crosses the white line.He's reckless with his own personal safety and decision making at times but he gets 10/10 for me for committment, what more can he do but give his all.

Should all who predicted Morrisons career promise be criticised ? 

17 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Come on, what a ridiculous  statement by Rednose. We all saw stan laurel at Blackburn and now at ManU and the best thing you can say about him is, he is committed. Comb-over Bobby even referred to as in the same breath as Duncan Edwards. Snigger.

2 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Come on, what a ridiculous  statement by Rednose. We all saw stan laurel at Blackburn and now at ManU and the best thing you can say about him is, he is committed. Comb-over Bobby even referred to as in the same breath as Duncan Edwards. Snigger.

Yeah, he was also tipped as a future England captain at one stage. It didn't work out but at the time it didn't seem such a wild prediction.

A lot of the discussion on here yesterday seems to have focused on individual players.  This is not the real issue at United, its the collective.  Ultimately it doesn't matter whether clunky Phil Jones plays well or not, its a team game.

United don't play as a team, there's no creativity, no intensity and they are being forced to play an old dogs outdated, unwanted, boring negative tactics.  Thats the point.

Why so much focus on one average player, he's irrelevant!

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

You stick to what you want to discuss and leave others to discuss what they want to discuss. Thank you.

Exactly... it's a thread about Man United ^^. We are allowed to discuss one player without it being linked to a wider narrative.

Sometimes I can't work out if he's just not very bright, or deliberately provocative. I think I'll settle on the theory that he's lonely and will try and kick off some sort of dispute for the sake of interacting with others.  

On 11/28/2018 at 9:47 AM, carmine said:

So Marcus Rashford misses a chance he really should have scored from and Jose turns to the crowd shaking his head.  And repeated this further on during the game.

What on earth type of man management is this?  He's 20 years old.   No wonder the lads low on confidence.  I'm surprised he has any left at all.

Mourinho's response to Carmine

“I was not happy a player missed a chance, that is all. The next day a friend sent me a clip of Cristiano Ronaldo missing a chance for United and Sir Alex Ferguson shouting at him in his beautiful Scottish. That moment killed Ronaldo’s career, you know. He was never the same player after that.”

20 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Exactly... it's a thread about Man United ^^. We are allowed to discuss one player without it being linked to a wider narrative.

Sometimes I can't work out if he's just not very bright, or deliberately provocative. I think I'll settle on the theory that he's lonely and will try and kick off some sort of dispute for the sake of interacting with others.  

I simply put the question and theory that focusing the problem on individuals is not wrong as such but missing the major issue.

It would appear that you are the one that isn't that bright or didn't read my post properly.  

And why is voicing an opinion on an open forum now akin to kicking off a dispute, or is that another definition of someone disagreeing with your opinion?

4 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

He just needs to buy another midfield....or maybe two.

And grab a couple of centre backs whilst you're at it. Oh, and whilst you're out there, might as well pick a couple of strikers up too...………...

6 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

On the cusp of greatness, stick with him, he's so close to getting it right #savemaureen

nah, apparently you too spend too much time listening to the media.

Mourinho is doing fine but it takes time, but progress is being made.  Judging from last night the players are clearly playing their hearts out for him too...and if you have the temerity to disagree i accuse you of spoiling for an argument.????

On a lighter note, 2nd highest paid manager in the league, 3rd season in, 469m spent, -1 goal difference,

....how long are the fans going to put up with this dross? I'll wager the points gap with City will be over 20 points by the end of the year.

I am just hoping we can get to the magic 40 points and stay up.

That team he picked was so disjointed it's no wonder we went behind to a team that are struggling, playing two midfielders back in defence a ageing young instead of Dalot who he mentioned was going to start, Not playing Fred who gives us energy, Playing the big lump up top instead of Martial.

It's all down to the manager he picks the team and that team was not good enough.

We need a vast clear out but can you trust Mourinio with the job of bringing in new talent when he won't play who he has already bought.

11 minutes ago, nev said:

That team he picked was so disjointed it's no wonder we went behind to a team that are struggling, playing two midfielders back in defence a ageing young instead of Dalot who he mentioned was going to start, Not playing Fred who gives us energy, Playing the big lump up top instead of Martial.

It's all down to the manager he picks the team and that team was not good enough.

We need a vast clear out but can you trust Mourinio with the job of bringing in new talent when he won't play who he has already bought.

Agree with all that and i'll go back to my point the other day.  Its not about individual players as such, its more concerning,  because its the collective.

In terms of moving forward isn't it now basically down to whether of not the board feels they can trust him with further large sums of money to effectively start a second rebuild in three seasons?  I doubt you would and neither would i, especially when you can choose from the lions share of managerial talent available.

1 hour ago, nev said:

In fairness the big lump didn't have his worst game. Agree on Fred, hopefully he's next on the midfield merrygoround because Jose pretty much blamed the lost points on the midfield. 

What I believe is happening is Mourinio is walking a tightrope,his days are numbered the board is waiting until it is mathematically impossible for us to get top four, Then he can be sacked without a pay off, Sack him now it will cost big bucks.

Imho I think Mourinio knows this and is upsetting the players, playing players that aren't good enough ahead of others,and trying to force the board to sack him so he can walk away with a big fat paycheck.

He can them move on the the next club blah blah blahing about not being back in the transfer market ect.

2 minutes ago, nev said:

trying to force the board to sack him so he can walk away with a big fat paycheck.

I really don't want to believe that's true, but I can see how that theory fits into place. Especially with the fact he is basically split up from his family etc....

23 minutes ago, nev said:

What I believe is happening is Mourinio is walking a tightrope,his days are numbered the board is waiting until it is mathematically impossible for us to get top four, Then he can be sacked without a pay off, Sack him now it will cost big bucks.

Imho I think Mourinio knows this and is upsetting the players, playing players that aren't good enough ahead of others,and trying to force the board to sack him so he can walk away with a big fat paycheck.

He can them move on the the next club blah blah blahing about not being back in the transfer market ect.

This is Mourinho's dream job and he has blown it after a decent first season. It is downhill for him after United.

Favre at Dortmund is flavour of the month. He seems to have a surplus of the sort of creative midfielder United crave. Him and a couple of players into OT: job sorted.

30 minutes ago, nev said:

Can’t really argue with any of that looking at his starting back 3. Another unsubtle statement to the board that his options are weak but playing people deliberately out of position is just suicide..........and he knows it imo. 

Archived