Manchester United

redrus

On 11/9/2018 at 10:15 AM, Bredbury Blue said:

Are you talking about Mahrez here as I'm not quite sure what your point is here?

Ronnie made the statements/argument of improving (in terms of starting) over strengthening - not us City fans, believe we've been pretty quiet/ambivalent about Mahrez joining us.

As for "He'll start when injuries kick in, which they have", Mahrez starts have been documented by Alfie (he's started about 50% of the games) and me (Mahrez has featured in more games than any other City player this season), but who has been injured that you are referring to? Nobody in my opinion relevant to Mahrez; Pep selects 2 from Mahrez, Sane and Sterling in every game.

You do try and keep up with developments at City do you?

Featured is irrelevant, it's minutes that counts as i have explained numerous times  :1zgarz5:

24 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

So anybody puts a manchester postcode and picks blue or red. Yeah a very accurate poll. As a blue posted "I have 2000 workers on site who I could encourage to vote.... I checked and im in Sri Lanka". WHAT A LOAD OF TOSH!

Bolton's white, with some traitorous red and pale blue halfwits.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, champers said:

Bolton's white, with some traitorous red and pale blue halfwits.

I don't get the Manchester part of the vote, Greater Manchester county is not Manchester, for most of its life it was Lancashire. Those towns are not part of Manchester. 

• Like 2

Not aimed at a particular post but in general.

Banter is one thing but I'm getting a bit fed up lately of people getting personal and name calling. I've had to be away quite a lot lately which has led to other mods having to step in. Pack it in or warnings will be given. I'll post the same message on some other threads. Thanks in advance for your co-operation.

4 hours ago, alfieconn said:

Featured is irrelevant, it's minutes that counts as i have explained numerous times  :1zgarz5:

Well let's put it this way.

Sterling has played 772 minutes started 9 played in 9 out of 11 premier games - scored 6; clearly no.1 choice of our 3 wide forwards.

Mahrez 501 minutes started 5 came on in 5 featured in 10 - scored 4.

Sane 475 minutes started 5 came on in 4 featured in 9 - scored 3.

Mahrez is hardly a benchwarmer. Involved more than Sane.

https://www.whoscored.com/Teams/167/Show/England-Manchester-City

2 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

I don't get the Manchester part of the vote, Greater Manchester county is not Manchester, for most of its life it was Lancashire. Those towns are not part of Manchester. 

Too true. It is the only county named after a city and there is still a lot of resentment about it in places like Bolton, Bury, Rochdale, Wigan, etc, etc. There is no Greater Birmingham, Liverpool, Sheffield or Leeds.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, champers said:

Too true. It is the only county named after a city and there is still a lot of resentment about it in places like Bolton, Bury, Rochdale, Wigan, etc, etc. There is no Greater Birmingham, Liverpool, Sheffield or Leeds.

Yeah fair reflection of mancunians really, they think everyone wants to be a manc  ????

Edited by BangrakBob
  • Haha 2

Bob, pleased to see your intrtest, let me explain.

An academic, a ManU fan, in the early 2000s i think it was, did a paper on City and ManU seasonticket holders postal addresses in greater manchester to give an idea of which areas where more red than blue. Greater Manc covers the following postal codes - see map (may be slightly different than shown).

The Manchester Evening News has had a poll this week, which is the map Nev posted, which allows ANYBODY, even yoo, to post a (pretend) postcode where they live and choose blue or red - the poll is therefore easily manipulated.

Ive posted an earlier map of supposed City and ManU areas, and another map of the grounds of both clubs from which it certainly used to be back in the day that City were more south manchester and ManU more north manchester and the neighbouring city of Salford.

Hope you enjoy football  history as i do (yes i have an anorak). The last 2 maps ive had on my phone for years, sad i know.

Screenshot_2018-11-10-20-24-56.png

C_71_article_1492123_image_list_image_list_item_0_image.jpeg

Manchester_Football_Map.jpeg

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, champers said:

Champers, can't talk for ManU fans, but there's loads of City fans in machester, stockport, etc, who would prefer lancashire over the (1974 introduction of) greater manchester.

How do i know that?

Our owners recently gave City fans the choice of a new club badge; they investigated what was important to the fans and a then a selection of designs. The outgoing eagle badge, which wasn't popular, had the ship for the manchester ship canal and the 3 stripes for Manchester's 3 rivers. The new badge kept the manchester ship and stripes but reintroduced  the lancashire red rose as lots of us identify with historical Lancashire origins and not the government introduced Greater Manchester.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Bob, pleased to see your intrtest, let me explain.

An academic, a ManU fan, in the early 2000s i think it was, did a paper on City and ManU seasonticket holders postal addresses in greater manchester to give an idea of which areas where more red than blue. Greater Manc covers the following postal codes - see map (may be slightly different than shown).

The Manchester Evening News has had a poll this week, which is the map Nev posted, which allows ANYBODY, even yoo, to post a (pretend) postcode where they live and choose blue or red - the poll is therefore easily manipulated.

Ive posted an earlier map of supposed City and ManU areas, and another map of the grounds of both clubs from which it certainly used to be back in the day that City were more south manchester and ManU more north manchester and the neighbouring city of Salford.

Hope you enjoy football  history as i do (yes i have an anorak). The last 2 maps ive had on my phone for years, sad i know.

Screenshot_2018-11-10-20-24-56.png

C_71_article_1492123_image_list_image_list_item_0_image.jpeg

Manchester_Football_Map.jpeg

Half my family are Wiganers (Rugby) and I've never once met a Wiganer that supports Manchester City, that is defo tosh that heat map. They should include the whole country, London would have a massive fan base.????

Also no Wiganer would ever consider themselves as part of Manchester, or the other northern satellite towns. North of Whitefield is not Manchester it's Bury, North of Heywood, Middleton is Rochdale. You're almost in Cheshire where your from ????. I do get the supporters of the 2 clubs cover large areas, but as an identity, those surrounding towns are themselves not manc for me. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Champers, can't talk for ManU fans, but there's loads of City fans in machester, stockport, etc, who would prefer lancashire over the (1974 introduction of) greater manchester.

How do i know that?

Our owners recently gave City fans the choice of a new club badge; they investigated what was important to the fans and a then a selection of designs. The outgoing eagle badge, which wasn't popular, had the ship for the manchester ship canal and the 3 stripes for Manchester's 3 rivers. The new badge kept the manchester ship and stripes but reintroduced  the lancashire red rose as lots of us identify with historical Lancashire origins and not the government introduced Greater Manchester.

Stockport used to be in Cheshire, but I take your point. The cricket team is based in Greater Manchester. GM should have been named South Lancashire or something similar.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, champers said:

Stockport used to be in Cheshire, but I take your point. The cricket team is based in Greater Manchester. GM should have been named South Lancashire or something similar.

I mentioned Stockport as it took Manchesters overspill in the 60s hence Bredbury Blue not Bradford Blue (Etihad is in the suburb of Bradford) so there are loads of Manc in Stockport.

11 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Bob your comments are correct and such arguements were made against that red acadamics shit paper.

Bolton is really close to manchester but it may as well be in yorkshire to us Mancs, eh champers ????

Yeah when I lived In Kersal/Prestwich it was quicker to go the Curry's near Reebok Stadium than town.

I always believe the pie eating myth until my dad explained to me the true meaning. He's a proper Wiganer, he's 69 and he still goes to Northern Soul all nighters, he flies to events to throw down talcum and dance all night. 

Your Dad sounds like a top bloke. I used to get my kicks out on the floor

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mrbojangles said:

Your Dad sounds like a top bloke. I used to get my kicks out on the floor

Cheers Bojn, he's defo a good man. Northern soul obsessed, he had a Vespa and Baretta, the Baretta was supercharged, 80 Mile an hour. Saw Hendrix, Stones and Floyd on the same bill at the Round in London. Truly loved proper Northern Soul music though, Edwin Starr and the like. Brawls with rockers in Manchester, sleeping on train stations. 

Top lad. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

Cheers Bojn, he's defo a good man. Northern soul obsessed, he had a Vespa and Baretta, the Baretta was supercharged, 80 Mile an hour. Saw Hendrix, Stones and Floyd on the same bill at the Round in London. Truly loved proper Northern Soul music though, Edwin Starr and the like. Brawls with rockers in Manchester, sleeping on train stations. 

Top lad. 

I'm jealous...can he be my dad too?

• Haha 2

Born and bred in Stockport on higher hillgate, My dad was born in Bangor in Wales and my Mum was a Stockport lass.

Nev, I was born in Salford. Mum and Dad both from Salford, but when my dad changed jobs, when I was younger, we had to move to Offerton (Banks Lane) and then Mile End (near the old Davenport).
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, DMC1 said:

Nev, I was born in Salford. Mum and Dad both from Salford, but when my dad changed jobs, when I was younger, we had to move to Offerton (Banks Lane) and then Mile End (near the old Davenport).

Bloody hell mate I went banks lane school and lived woodbank after moving from hillgate.

• Like 1

Bloody hell mate I went banks lane school and lived woodbank after moving from hillgate.

Yes, I went to Banks Lane juniors before Mile End seniors...

I was back in UK earlier this year and went for a stroll round there with my Mum (she lives in Poynton now - dead posh!). Wow...it’s all changed round there, all built up estates near the school on Banks Lane side. My other remnants of family are Worsley/Walkden area now.

When we first moved, my mum was a barmaid in the Gardner’s arms, in the 70’s, until she started working as a designer/type setter on the A6. My dad and grandad were both season ticket holders at OT, both passed on now, and I’d always go to the home games when there was a spare spot with their group. Great times. I left there at 16 and joined the Forces for 7 years, and have been in Thailand since I was 27 - 44 now...

You’ve got me reminiscing now!

Promise, I wasn’t nicking anyone’s dinner money either!
  • Like 1