Manchester United

redrus

48 minutes ago, DMC1 said:

Yes, I went to Banks Lane juniors before Mile End seniors...

I was back in UK earlier this year and went for a stroll round there with my Mum (she lives in Poynton now - dead posh!). Wow...it’s all changed round there, all built up estates near the school on Banks Lane side. My other remnants of family are Worsley/Walkden area now.

When we first moved, my mum was a barmaid in the Gardner’s arms, in the 70’s, until she started working as a designer/type setter on the A6. My dad and grandad were both season ticket holders at OT, both passed on now, and I’d always go to the home games when there was a spare spot with their group. Great times. I left there at 16 and joined the Forces for 7 years, and have been in Thailand since I was 27 - 44 now...

You’ve got me reminiscing now!

Promise, I wasn’t nicking anyone’s dinner money either!

Your mum would have served me a pint that was my local pub in the 70's, My dad has moved on to Timperley now dead posh there too, My brother lived poyton still has his house there and rents it out and lives with his girlfriend in Marple now.

Gee you moved here young not had much chance of a normal life 5555.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

Cheers Bojn, he's defo a good man. Northern soul obsessed, he had a Vespa and Baretta, the Baretta was supercharged, 80 Mile an hour. Saw Hendrix, Stones and Floyd on the same bill at the Round in London. Truly loved proper Northern Soul music though, Edwin Starr and the like. Brawls with rockers in Manchester, sleeping on train stations. 

Top lad. 

Baretta, I had a few by the time I wrote this. To clarify sober, it was a Lambretta 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nev said:

Your mum would have served me a pint that was my local pub in the 70's, My dad has moved on to Timperley now dead posh there too, My brother lived poyton still has his house there and rents it out and lives with his girlfriend in Marple now.

Gee you moved here young not had much chance of a normal life 5555.

Marple, dead posh there also, especially  Marple Bridge. Lovely place.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, roo860 said:

Twisted Wheel Club, Whitworth Street?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

One of his most talked about venues, used to get live acts there too I think. Whiteworth St and it was originally another place before that, but I can't remember where. He actually went back from Australia for the reopening in 2000 and something. Then went for a whole year of dancing every week in 2014. ????

Edited by BangrakBob

1 hour ago, balo said:

I put all my money on City this time, can't see them lose.

Id like to think so but arguably we had our best 1st half in the premier at the Etihad  vs manu last season and yet we lost - we're still trying to work out how - so it's 50:50 for both teams going in to this derby.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Marple, dead posh there also, especially  Marple Bridge. Lovely place.

24 minutes ago, BangrakBob said:

One of his most talked about venues, used to get live acts there too I think. Whiteworth St and it was originally another place before that, but I can't remember where. He actually went back from Australia for the reopening in 2000 and something. Then went for a whole year of dancing every week in 2014. ????

Bob maybe one of these venues mentioned, This is from a mates timeline on Facebook he is a big northern soul fan.

18-01-07-793786_10151423851159696_1652104169_o.jpg

Edited by nev
  • Like 2

"We can see why Manchester City would be concerned about the appointment of a local lad to ref the derby. In common with the vast majority of Mancunians, the probability is that Taylor is a red. We'd be concerned if there was someone from Stockport refereeing the game. Or the UAE. In the end we all want Fair Play!" ????

• Like 1

Mourinho's post match comments with regards the fixtures of both sides the week prior were quite fair.  He has a point but it belies the real situation which is that United are light years behind City, who are a different class, in every respect. City are more experienced now and stronger.   That game will send a clear message to the board that but the end of the season the points gap between the two could well be enormous and a change is needed.  In Mourinho's defense City are going to do it to everyone bar Liverpool and possibly Chelsea.  And i really think the only way to beat City is to go at them full on and risk a drubbing.  Mourinho's just too cautious.

1 hour ago, carmine said:

Are you sure!  Stretching my sense of humor this is.  And the last thing i want to see whilst i'm having breakfast is that couple.

Exactly bad taste that.

Nev, out of the ManU squad who would you get rid of (or keep; whichever is easier for you)?

Mate that's a hard one, I will go keep Degea  Dalot Lindelof Shaw Pogba Mata Martial Rashford, The rest are replaceable and many on big wages are not United standard.

Valencia and Young was bought as winger's and have been playing as fullbacks no wonder they get targeted in games, Dalot should be in now not later he is a top prospect.

I have mentioned 8 players but either Martial or Rashford on the left and as you can see that four are needed to strengthen our starting 11, A commanding center back a midfield enforcer a right sided winger and a top Striker.

That leaves a lot who in my opinion need to be cleared out, Now that is a huge task with the big wages they are on.

1 hour ago, nev said:

Mate that's a hard one, I will go keep Degea  Dalot Lindelof Shaw Pogba Mata Martial Rashford, The rest are replaceable and many on big wages are not United standard.

Valencia and Young was bought as winger's and have been playing as fullbacks no wonder they get targeted in games, Dalot should be in now not later he is a top prospect.

I have mentioned 8 players but either Martial or Rashford on the left and as you can see that four are needed to strengthen our starting 11, A commanding center back a midfield enforcer a right sided winger and a top Striker.

That leaves a lot who in my opinion need to be cleared out, Now that is a huge task with the big wages they are on.

No place for Sanchez is interesting given how he was at Arsenal. What's happened to his game?

Interesting post match discussion on Sky with Souness and Neville. 

Souness obviously thinks Mourinho isnt the getting the best out of these players while Neville said the jury was out as neither did Van  Gaal or Moyes so he was leaning towards other reasons and didnt want to blame Mourinho. 

18 hours ago, nev said:

Looks like a major rehaul is needed

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/nov/12/manchester-united-transfer-market-jose-mourinho 

Defence

Ins A right and left-back, two centre-backs

Outs Smalling, Valencia, Young, Jones, Darmian, Rojo

Midfield

Ins A central midfielder

Outs Herrera, McTominay

Attack

Mourinho’s need here is two-fold: a game-breaker with serious pace and a finisher.

Juan Mata and Jesse Lingard are merely squad players.

Ins An elite-level finisher and a game-changer

Outs Rashford (loan), Sánchez

18 hours ago, nev said:

I make you 100% right on all that.  I'd still throw in a new manager though.  This situation doesn't need a "today" manager it needs one who builds, a two-year process in the making but a very sound nucleus for anyone to start with.

32 minutes ago, carmine said:

I make you 100% right on all that.  I'd still throw in a new manager though.  This situation doesn't need a "today" manager it needs one who builds, a two-year process in the making but a very sound nucleus for anyone to start with.

Talk in the papers today Young and Valencia getting one year extension's, They are both winger's playing at fullback if they are not good enough as winger's let them go and get a proper right back in to go with Dalot.

Looks like a major rehaul is needed

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/nov/12/manchester-united-transfer-market-jose-mourinho 

Defence

Ins A right and left-back, two centre-backs

Outs Smalling, Valencia, Young, Jones, Darmian, Rojo

Midfield

Ins A central midfielder

Outs Herrera, McTominay

Attack

Mourinho’s need here is two-fold: a game-breaker with serious pace and a finisher.

Juan Mata and Jesse Lingard are merely squad players.

Ins An elite-level finisher and a game-changer

Outs Rashford (loan), Sánchez

Pretty well same as what I answered, it will take two years or more but it is needed.

2 minutes ago, nev said:

Talk in the papers today Young and Valencia getting one year extension's, They are both winger's playing at fullback if they are not good enough as winger's let them go and get a proper right back in to go with Dalot.

Agreed, and utilizing players out of their chosen position really shouldn't be an agenda for one of the biggest, wealthiest (in terms of rev) clubs in the world.

1 minute ago, carmine said:

Agreed, and utilizing players out of their chosen position really shouldn't be an agenda for one of the biggest, wealthiest (in terms of rev) clubs in the world.

It's a joke Young was target early on and many time they got round the back of him same happens when Valencia plays, Proper fullback is needed.

It's Glazieromics in process extend contracts for ageing players rather than splash 70mil on what is really needed back there, Mcquire wanted by Mourinio told be happy with what you have <deleted>.