Manchester United

redrus

Will be surprised if Mou will survive Christmas. But if he keeps winning from now on maybe... nothing wrong with the players they got but they need to show it on the pitch in every game.

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

True, but that doesn't make it right.

If any club should remember that giving a manager time can pay off, it should be us. 

30 months or 2.33 seasons or 138 games is plenty of time.

I had been supportive of Maureen until recently based on his record, his ability to win trophies already at ManU, his excellent defensive record and finishing 2nd last season. But the trend this season is down. His players have stopped playing for him in my opinion. He has fallen out with influential players like team captain Valencia, star player Pogba and a host of others. I have no doubt de Gea will leave in the summer - a decent manager coming in now might pursuade him and others to stay. You have a Mancini situation, a Mourinho chelsea situation, it needs sorting out soon and i don't think Maureen can right the ship.

49 minutes ago, Spidey said:

I can remember when Sir Matt retired. A succession of managers followed him and all were failures, we even got relegated. At the time, I and others put it down to the shadow of Sir Matt hanging over the club.

Since Sir Alex retired, we have seen a similar scenario, a succession of managers who haven't lived up to their reputation. Sir Alex is still a prominent presence at the club. I wonder if, God forbid, we have to wait for him to go toes up before we see real success again.

The rot set in before Fergie left, If you remember his comments no value in the transfer market, Well we missed out on Silva and Augero to city both had been scouted by us but refusing to pay the going rate we lost them and ended up getting average players instead incl Owen as a stop gap and Oberton and Bebe lol, Now those decisions by the big man gave the momentum to city who was willing to pay to get quality.

Yes he won the league in his last season but only thanks to RVP, He left a very average team that needed the right man to integrate new quality players, But what does Fergie do hand picked his successor who was way out of his depth.

23 minutes ago, nev said:

The rot set in before Fergie left, If you remember his comments no value in the transfer market, Well we missed out on Silva and Augero to city both had been scouted by us but refusing to pay the going rate we lost them and ended up getting average players instead incl Owen as a stop gap and Oberton and Bebe lol, Now those decisions by the big man gave the momentum to city who was willing to pay to get quality.

Yes he won the league in his last season but only thanks to RVP, He left a very average team that needed the right man to integrate new quality players, But what does Fergie do hand picked his successor who was way out of his depth.

A spot on analysis methinks.

43 minutes ago, nev said:

And the same was true of the Busby Babes. The team had already started to disintegrate before he resigned.

Sir Alex still has the ear of Woodward and the owners. He needs to step back.

1 hour ago, nev said:

Agree with all of  that... and his first two successors weren't up to much. All the more reason to give Jose the time he needs to get the squad right, 

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

30 months or 2.33 seasons or 138 games is plenty of time.

Fergie had achieved nothing by that point. Mourinho has won two trophies.

And despite his success at Aberdeen, are you telling me Fergie was more qualified than Mourinho?

7 minutes ago, RickG16 said:

And despite his success at Aberdeen, are you telling me Fergie was more qualified than Mourinho?

I like the way you stick by Mourinio mate I have been trying to too, But something ain't right, The team are not giving 100% for him maybe it's his man management of the players and his system of playing but in my eyes it is not the United way.

2 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Package it up how you want - im also not interested  in comparing rednose and maureen as its not relevant - but i feel you are wrong. Whether it's the players or the fans who turn against him I'm convinced mourinho will not be in charge next season. You seem to be the only ManU fan i know sticking by him.

5 hours ago, nev said:

I like the way you stick by Mourinio mate I have been trying to too, But something ain't right, The team are not giving 100% for him maybe it's his man management of the players and his system of playing but in my eyes it is not the United way.

I agree the way we are playing something is wrong, but do you not think he deserves until the summer at least to clear out some more dead wood? You have to draw the line somewhere, but I think this is the time to stick by him.

And pragmatically speaking, there aren't a great deal of alternatives for a new boss that's of United calibre. Even if he was available,I wouldn't want someone unproven like Pochettino. If it came to it I'd prefer the current Fulham manager ????

3 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I'm in agreement with this....its nothing to do with the manager....your players are utter pants in my opinion.

Agree we have some average players, What I can't fathom is Smalling is trying to get 120,000 per week he's on 80,000 does he deserve more no f'in way.

12 hours ago, nev said:

Ive always thought that Fergie did a brilliant  job except he left you with an aging deteriorating squad and he had a hand in picking the wrong manager in Moyes. Fergie wrung the last bit out effort of that squad to win that last Premier but that hid the defects within. Pleased at last to see a ManU fan publicly state it.

3 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I'm in agreement with this....its nothing to do with the manager....your players are utter pants in my opinion.

Suspect your comments are in jest as clearly ManU have some very decent players: deGea..pogba..mata..lingard..sanchez..martial..rashford.

But not one defender i rate..there's your problem, so so defence with no automatic picks, that and unhappy players who don't want to play for the manager.

During the fergie years i used to judge City by which player(s) i considered good enough to get in ManUs team, sometimes it might be one or two, sometimes none. Apart from de Gea who would challenge Ederson, who else would get Citys starting 11? No one, and thats got to be unacceptable for ManUs management and fans.

17 hours ago, RickG16 said:

OK... go and meet Alex Ferguson in 1989. Tell him the team is going backwards and it's not good enough.

Incidentally, I'd argue that because of a certain ban imposed for one reason or another ???? , the top flight now is a lot higher quality than it was then, with more realistic title contenders.

Oh really, i think its plainly clear to see there's only one title contender!!  Of course Liverpool have proven more than once that they can whip City in a one to one encounter, but they won't get near them over a season.  City have too much resources.

The difference is that Mourinho has spent 460m and wasted pretty much the lot of it.  Its his third season and you are going backwards.  Fair enough being loyal to the manager but not if its to the detriment of your club.

He's gone this season one way or the other and rightly so.  I,  on the other hand,  desperately hope you keep him.

We all hope ManU keep him and continue to battle for 6th annually.

"i think its plainly clear to see there's only one title contender!!  Of course Liverpool..."
Way too early to say that. Liverpoo are sticking to City like a turd on a shoe. It's first to blink. 13 games in, no defeats, looking good, Liverpool could go on and win it. It only takes a bad week (last season we lost 3 in a week against liverpool manu & ? but bounced back against Spurs when everybody thought we were in full wobble mode) for a team's confidence to falter and the other team to move ahead. Way too early to be naming the Champions.

5 hours ago, nev said:

Agree we have some average players, What I can't fathom is Smalling is trying to get 120,000 per week he's on 80,000 does he deserve more no f'in way.

He should be happy to take a pay cut. He is seriously deluded. Trouble is they have now seen Shaw get a massive contract and are thinking “I’m playing next to him I want a piece of that cake” 

Footballers aint the smartest. 

5 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Sanchez not even on the bench??

Is this a personal thing with Mourinho??

I've been thinking this too. Why has the player been sidelined?

I had him in my fantasy footy team at the start along with Valencia and Pogba. I was soon bottom of the league. All three transferred out now.

So Marcus Rashford misses a chance he really should have scored from and Jose turns to the crowd shaking his head.  And repeated this further on during the game.

What on earth type of man management is this?  He's 20 years old.   No wonder the lads low on confidence.  I'm surprised he has any left at all.

22 minutes ago, carmine said:

So Marcus Rashford misses a chance he really should have scored from and Jose turns to the crowd shaking his head.  And repeated this further on during the game.

What on earth type of man management is this?  He's 20 years old.   No wonder the lads low on confidence.  I'm surprised he has any left at all.

He's just nuts. Now he's resurrecting his feud with Iker Casillas, claiming Casillas is behind the criticism of De Gea's international performances in Spain. What a bitter and paranoid loon he is.

1 minute ago, jellydog said:

He's just nuts. Now he's resurrecting his feud with Iker Casillas, claiming Casillas is behind the criticism of De Gea's international performances in Spain. What a bitter and paranoid loon he is.

And reminding everyone of his past CL record..... 

He has a very fine record, we all know this so it spanks of desperation this season that he's barking on to journalists about his past achievements in the premier league and now the CL. He's sounding more and more like yesterdays man.  The past is all very well but unfortunately his current record is best summarized as 460m spent, -1 goal difference.  Despite past endeavors.

The treatment of the players is just inexcusable.  And its such a shame with Rashford in particular because the lad is such a phenomenal talent.

8 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Sanchez not even on the bench??

Is this a personal thing with Mourinho??

Thats what Jose does , he publicly falls out with a top player and marginalizing him  , maybe he does it to psychologically to scare the other players into trying to remain on good terms with him ? 

2 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Thats what Jose does , he publicly falls out with a top player and marginalizing him  , maybe he does it to psychologically to scare the other players into trying to remain on good terms with him ? 

Well it ain't working is it!!!

Thing is, i can be harsh on Jose at times because put  simply,  can't stand his his arrogant, smug persona,  but i really can't fathom why he would think that throwing young players under the bus is going to improve them.  It doesn't, it ruins them, as its proving.

10 minutes ago, carmine said:

Well it ain't working is it!!!

Jose is a spent force these days  , when he first showed up on the managerial scene  , he was the young  charming upstart with the midas touch , everything he touched turned to silverware .

He galvanised Clubs with a siege mentality , *Us against the World*  , F.A , EUFA , media , Refs , everyones against us .

There was always also one player that got marginalised and publicly slated and the other players would be thankful that it wasnt them being marginalized , after a while the players would get tired of this and down tools and he loses the dressing room and moves onto another Club , usually just after signing a new contract and he walks away with a huge pay off  .

He is no longer the new kid on the block with the midas touch , he always was a short term high impact manager who fizzles out after a few years 

Archived