Forum upgrade in progress! ×

Manchester United

redrus

4 minutes ago, nev said:

It's a joke Young was target early on and many time they got round the back of him same happens when Valencia plays, Proper fullback is needed.

It's Glazieromics in process extend contracts for ageing players rather than splash 70mil on what is really needed back there, Mcquire wanted by Mourinio told be happy with what you have <deleted>.

Truly amazing that United might want to keep both Young and Valencia.

The Glazers, Woody the Woodpecker, and Mourinho. Quite a threesome. Not hard to see why United are struggling to get back to form.

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, nev said:

It's a joke Young was target early on and many time they got round the back of him same happens when Valencia plays, Proper fullback is needed.

It's Glazieromics in process extend contracts for ageing players rather than splash 70mil on what is really needed back there, Mcquire wanted by Mourinio told be happy with what you have <deleted>.

I read some gruesome facts for Mourinho to absorb and this really forms the backbone to my opinion as to why Jose needs to go.  He's spent more lavishly on players that United have spent in their history, but failed to plug so many gaps, improve certain key areas.  The defense is shambolic, shipping more goals than any side in the league bar Burnley and the bottom three and you have a negative goal difference.  The midfield he set up with at the Etihad told its own story.  Zero creativity, so nothing to feed the forwards and a threes man trio to kick lumps out when necessary.  Given the money they have allowed him to spend and seeing the results of that they don't seem to trust him with more so surely its time to part company and a new regime?

Regards McGuire, he's ok,  but not as technically gifted as say van vVD, and not the commanding center back thats going to shore up your defense.  United should be going for the likes of De Light at Ajax, he's a massive talent.

Forgot to add Nev;  the board might also be saying we gave him 52m to buy Fred and he doesn't even play him.

Regime change needed and a very attractive proposition for a manager with a solid foundation of top your player , a big transfer budget and what i think is probably a wealth of talent at Carrington being under utilized.

3 minutes ago, mrbojangles said:

No, no. Give Jose time. At least another 5 years ????

Ah yes, stability, he needs more time.

I think there will be a few managers rubbing their hands at the prospect of that job.  The pigs ear Jose's made of the job has probably given the potential replacement more time and money.  He's got some excellent players to work with and the necessary money for the incomings.  And of course there will be an offload as Nev suggests.  Its potentially not good for any of us if he's replaced but it seems somewhat inevitable given the stats and regression.  They could end up thirty points behind City the way its going!!

What did people think of RedNevs comments in his arguement with souness?

He was refusing to answer souness simple question "are they getting the best out of those group of players?".

Not in the transcipt but in the video, RedNev was saying the problem runs through the club - what did he mean exactly?

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/graeme-souness-vs-gary-neville-13577251

It was great to see Bobby Charlton and Mike Summerbee laying the wreath at the etihad ceremony. Buzzer, and Tony Book, feature often in City videos of events around the club so im used to seeing him/them - they both look well. Bobby, while amazingly straight posture and slim obviously has some nerve problems - it was great to see Buzzer really helping out Bobby.

I saw Colin Bell in a video last week and he is looking old.

2 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

It was great to see Bobby Charlton and Mike Summerbee laying the wreath at the etihad ceremony. Buzzer, and Tony Book, feature often in City videos of events around the club so im used to seeing him/them - they both look well. Bobby, while amazingly straight posture and slim obviously has some nerve problems - it was great to see Buzzer really helping out Bobby.

Bobby Charlton looked like he had a bad cold to me. Otherwise, looks as fit as a butcher's dog. Winterwasp has clearly enjoyed life. No player rotation when they played.

20 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Sadly would have to agree that Bobby seems to have some problems, as I saw his hand shaking and he looked "lost", this esp after the wreath was placed and Bobby wasn't sure what to do next, starting to move away until Mike stopped him.

I think that Mike was guiding Bobby, as he seemed a little bewildered. 

4 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

What did people think of RedNevs comments in his arguement with souness?

He was refusing to answer souness simple question "are they getting the best out of those group of players?".

Not in the transcipt but in the video, RedNev was saying the problem runs through the club - what did he mean exactly?

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/graeme-souness-vs-gary-neville-13577251

Yeah he doesn't mind saying what he feels about other clubs and managers and as pundit he should have said what he truly feels, which would have been "no", instead of "I don't know" 

The comment "the problem runs through the club", you could refer back to his discussion with Carragher a month or so back. He's blaming Woodward.

Seeing as nev has been depositing some news articles on our thread lately. Thought I'd reciprocate.

Interesting stats:-  https://www.football365.com/news/man-united-and-jose-mourinho-the-ridiculous-statistics?fbclid=IwAR0jkhAmyYQQLjjM--6wFQFnbTvj3Kn_o3ghcLAgkXAP_nj69uGWE-h6hGw

Sunday’s defeat was the first time in 123 matches that United ‘lost’ in both the first and second halves of the same game. The last time that happened was in the 4-0 defeat to Chelsea in October 2016.

* This is the lowest Manchester United have ever been after 12 games of a Premier League season (also 8th in 2004/05). They are 12 points off the top of the table; only once have they been further behind the leaders after 12 games (13 points in 2014/15).

* United have a negative goal difference (-1) after the first 12 games of a top-flight season for the first time since 1977/78 (-1).

* United have lost at least four of their first 12 games of a top-flight season for the first time since 1990/91.

* Fulham (0) are the only club to keep fewer clean sheets than United (1) this season. Cardiff and Huddersfield (both 2) have more.

* Joe Hart (54), Lukasz Fabianski (49) and Mat Ryan (46) are the only keepers to have made more saves than David de Gea (42) in the Premier League this season.

* United have conceded as many shots in the Premier League this season as Huddersfield (154).

* United have scored fewer open play goals in the Premier League this season (12) than Watford (13).

* Romelu Lukaku (10) is the only player to reach double figures for goals in the Premier League for United in 2018 (29 games). Anthony Martial (9), Paul Pogba (6) and Marcus Rashford (5) are the only other players to score more than Chris Smalling (4) since January began. The best-paid player in England’s top flight – Alexis Sanchez – is one goal behind him.

* Mourinho has now lost 18.97% of his 137 games at Manchester United. This is the third biggest loss percentage of his entire career, with only his second spell at Chelsea (19.85%) and his 20-game stint with União de Leiria (20%) ranking worse. The only other time Mourinho has lost more than 14% of his games at any one club was during his first foray into management with Benfica (18.1%) in 2000. He then rarely lost with Porto (11.8%), Chelsea (11.3%), Inter Milan (13.8%) and Real Madrid (12.3%) His four worst tenures in management in terms of loss percentage have therefore been in his first two and last two jobs, with his four best all coming in between. So Mourinho’s managerial career can now statistically be considered an inverted poo sandwich: a delicious filling wedged between two slices of fecal matter either side.

* Mourinho has lost 26 of his 137 United games. He has only lost more games during a single managerial spell once (27 losses in second Chelsea tenure).

* Liverpool have spent longer at the top of the Premier League table (50 days) than United (45 days) since Mourinho’s appointment in summer 2016.

* Fifty-nine Premier League hat-tricks have been scored since Manchester United’s most recent (Robin van Persie, April 2013). Eighteen different Premier League clubs – including Aston Villa, Burnley, QPR, Stoke and Sunderland – have scored one since United last did.

1 hour ago, mrbojangles said:

Seeing as nev has been depositing some news articles on our thread lately. Thought I'd reciprocate.

Interesting stats:-  https://www.football365.com/news/man-united-and-jose-mourinho-the-ridiculous-statistics?fbclid=IwAR0jkhAmyYQQLjjM--6wFQFnbTvj3Kn_o3ghcLAgkXAP_nj69uGWE-h6hGw

Sunday’s defeat was the first time in 123 matches that United ‘lost’ in both the first and second halves of the same game. The last time that happened was in the 4-0 defeat to Chelsea in October 2016.

* This is the lowest Manchester United have ever been after 12 games of a Premier League season (also 8th in 2004/05). They are 12 points off the top of the table; only once have they been further behind the leaders after 12 games (13 points in 2014/15).

* United have a negative goal difference (-1) after the first 12 games of a top-flight season for the first time since 1977/78 (-1).

* United have lost at least four of their first 12 games of a top-flight season for the first time since 1990/91.

* Fulham (0) are the only club to keep fewer clean sheets than United (1) this season. Cardiff and Huddersfield (both 2) have more.

* Joe Hart (54), Lukasz Fabianski (49) and Mat Ryan (46) are the only keepers to have made more saves than David de Gea (42) in the Premier League this season.

* United have conceded as many shots in the Premier League this season as Huddersfield (154).

* United have scored fewer open play goals in the Premier League this season (12) than Watford (13).

* Romelu Lukaku (10) is the only player to reach double figures for goals in the Premier League for United in 2018 (29 games). Anthony Martial (9), Paul Pogba (6) and Marcus Rashford (5) are the only other players to score more than Chris Smalling (4) since January began. The best-paid player in England’s top flight – Alexis Sanchez – is one goal behind him.

* Mourinho has now lost 18.97% of his 137 games at Manchester United. This is the third biggest loss percentage of his entire career, with only his second spell at Chelsea (19.85%) and his 20-game stint with União de Leiria (20%) ranking worse. The only other time Mourinho has lost more than 14% of his games at any one club was during his first foray into management with Benfica (18.1%) in 2000. He then rarely lost with Porto (11.8%), Chelsea (11.3%), Inter Milan (13.8%) and Real Madrid (12.3%) His four worst tenures in management in terms of loss percentage have therefore been in his first two and last two jobs, with his four best all coming in between. So Mourinho’s managerial career can now statistically be considered an inverted poo sandwich: a delicious filling wedged between two slices of fecal matter either side.

* Mourinho has lost 26 of his 137 United games. He has only lost more games during a single managerial spell once (27 losses in second Chelsea tenure).

* Liverpool have spent longer at the top of the Premier League table (50 days) than United (45 days) since Mourinho’s appointment in summer 2016.

* Fifty-nine Premier League hat-tricks have been scored since Manchester United’s most recent (Robin van Persie, April 2013). Eighteen different Premier League clubs – including Aston Villa, Burnley, QPR, Stoke and Sunderland – have scored one since United last did.

Good lot of stats that, Shows how bad we are and I hope the gimps read this and invest.

16 hours ago, BangrakBob said:

Yeah he doesn't mind saying what he feels about other clubs and managers and as pundit he should have said what he truly feels, which would have been "no", instead of "I don't know" 

The comment "the problem runs through the club", you could refer back to his discussion with Carragher a month or so back. He's blaming Woodward.

Neville has a point.  They need a director of football as the link between manager and Woodward, who is not a football man.  

Doesn't take away the correct point Souness was making and the fact that Mourinho has made a right pigs ear of things and needs to go this summer.

I know Rick and a couple of others think i'm reacting to media talk but the stats are there for all to see.  And all this off the back of a 460m spend.  I doubt even Jose thinks he should keep his job.  All that money and a negative goal difference, one clean sheet and already twelve points behind City.  He's gone by the end of the season or before and if before i'll presume Giggseh will caretake till the end of season.

10 hours ago, nev said:

Good lot of stats that, Shows how bad we are and I hope the gimps read this and invest.

why would they invest with Jose seeing how much he's wasted already.  Don't you think they will be waiting to invest with a new manger and the new investment will be part of the bait to get the best manager available?

34 minutes ago, carmine said:

Neville has a point.  They need a director of football as the link between manager and Woodward, who is not a football man.  

Doesn't take away the correct point Souness was making and the fact that Mourinho has made a right pigs ear of things and needs to go this summer.

I know Rick and a couple of others think i'm reacting to media talk but the stats are there for all to see.  And all this off the back of a 460m spend.  I doubt even Jose thinks he should keep his job.  All that money and a negative goal difference, one clean sheet and already twelve points behind City.  He's gone by the end of the season or before and if before i'll presume Giggseh will caretake till the end of season.

From the frying pan into the fire with Giggs ! He strikes me as clueless. So, bring him on !!

9 minutes ago, jellydog said:

From the frying pan into the fire with Giggs ! He strikes me as clueless. So, bring him on !!

Theres a vile rumor circulating that United and Real Madrid are both going for Pochettino in the summer, with Madrid only appointing Scolari as a stalling tactic, so let the fun and games begin!! 

38 minutes ago, carmine said:

Theres a vile rumor circulating that United and Real Madrid are both going for Pochettino in the summer, with Madrid only appointing Scolari as a stalling tactic, so let the fun and games begin!! 

And that would be Solari of course!

5 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

To be fair its hardly a secret that he's tasked with a minimum of CL qualification and that looks highly unlikely.  

12 minutes ago, RonniePickering22 said:

Madrid possibly but this story has no legs whatsoever.

Again, Madrid have made it ever so obvious the doors open whenever he wishes to enter.

All this is very strange considering he hasn't won anything!!????

6 minutes ago, carmine said:

Again, Madrid have made it ever so obvious the doors open whenever he wishes to enter.

All this is very strange considering he hasn't won anything!!????

Solari is another handsome Argentine, like Pochy. Madrid with fingers crossed that there is more there than just resemblance.

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Yeah ManU have decided to go down the Moyes route again with Poch and recruit a manager whose won nowt ????

All paper talk, I will put this out as what I want Zidane and Cantona as a joint management team, Zidane mainly to show Cantona the ropes then leave if or when he wants 

Poch would be better off staying at Spurs the step up to United is huge and I am not saying that in a bad way, I mean pressure wise and the constant media attention being manager at United.

3 minutes ago, nev said:

All paper talk, I will put this out as what I want Zidane and Cantona as a joint management team, Zidane mainly to show Cantona the ropes then leave if or when he wants 

Poch would be better off staying at Spurs the step up to United is huge and I am not saying that in a bad way, I mean pressure wise and the constant media attention being manager at United.

Heck of a pairing that would be ! I doubt the Glazers would go for such an unorthodox move, but it would be quite a spectacle, and maybe successful.

48 minutes ago, nev said:

The Cantona thing spanks a bit of sentimentality mate!  Not sure the owners would go for such a bold move and i hope you are right about Pochettino.  

Whatever happens i feel a change within the structure is needed at the club.  That would be a positive if a new manager was installed.  A DofF i'm referring to.  Keep Woodward away from the football side of the business as much as possible.

2 hours ago, carmine said:

The Cantona thing spanks a bit of sentimentality mate!  Not sure the owners would go for such a bold move and i hope you are right about Pochettino.  

Whatever happens i feel a change within the structure is needed at the club.  That would be a positive if a new manager was installed.  A DofF i'm referring to.  Keep Woodward away from the football side of the business as much as possible.

I agree about the Cantona and Zidane pairing, both successful footballers, but as managers?????? (and that's the same reason as I can't see Giggs being successful in this role).

Taking a broader perspective, I think one has to remember that Woodward and whoever else runs the club will have targets to meet (profit etc) and report to the Glaziers or similar in this regard, so I don't believe it's always the sole decision of someone like Woodward as he would be told by those above him that he can or cannot spend, given the targets that they also want to meet and the profits they want to take.

There has been mention of a Director of football, however I could see that person clashing with Mourhino especially if the demarcation lines tend to blur or even get too close.

A tricky situation for the club and I also can't see any good reason to hire Pochettino, so United must scout around to find the next and best manager without making the same mistakes as last time and in the meantime someone like Carrick could take the reins for a short while.

ManUs struggles to find a Fergie replacement (3 managers in 5 years to date) while trying to remain a top team reminds me of ManUs struggles to find a Busby replacement (5 managers in 15 years until Rednose came along) while trying to remain a top team. Enjoyed it then, enjoying it now.

Archived