Manchester United

redrus

Carmine you're NOT able to maintain an arguement / debate (call it what you will) are you without getting personal. Pack it in will you.

Alfie - So if we are considering Martial based on minutes played and not games played (didn't  iheanacho in his City days have the best goals per minute) then what is your source for the stat you  posted - please advise  so we can see if it's correct.  How does Martial  goals per minute stack up against other Premier players  - then we can consider if he has a great, decent, average or poor strike rate. Over to yous

Edited by Bredbury Blue

3 hours ago, carmine said:

You are wasting your time.  Its going start over his head.

Bit like trying to explain why Mahrez has been starting a lot of games.  Ofcourse its nothing to do with injuries and yes they really bought him as a first choice starter because the incumbent midfield really didn't do their job last season,  you know!!! ????

No no he was brought in as an improvement I know this cos the Man City fans have been banging on about that for well over a year now.

No team could afford to spend 60m quid and huge wages to have Mahrez on the bench just in case someone gets injured.

1 minute ago, RonniePickering22 said:

No no he was brought in as an improvement I know this cos the Man City fans have been banging on about that for well over a year now.

No team could afford to spend 60m quid and huge wages to have Mahrez on the bench just in case someone gets injured.

"he was brought in as an improvement I know this cos the Man City fans have been banging on about that for well over a year now". Really? Show us where we have been banging on for well over a year that Mahrez is an improvement cause I don't think we have. Improvement on whom/what? He's now certainly beginning to prove very useful after a poor start to his City career. Mahrez was bought because Pep fancies him; at the time he was bought we would have preferred a Fernandinho future replacement, not another wide forward.

We didn't "spend 60m quid and huge wages to have Mahrez on the bench just in case someone gets injured". I know it's early for you, probably a foggy head, but I've already posted today Mr Bj's excellent summation of Mahrez being part of our squad who like most players will play but not every game (though I believe he's played in the most games this season). So your statement is wrong but no doubt you will keep posting it even though the facts prove you wrong.

Over to you Ronnie to show us where Man City fans have been banging on about that.

1 minute ago, Bredbury Blue said:

"he was brought in as an improvement I know this cos the Man City fans have been banging on about that for well over a year now". Really? Show us where we have been banging on for well over a year that Mahrez is an improvement cause I don't think we have. Improvement on whom/what? He's now certainly beginning to prove very useful after a poor start to his City career. Mahrez was bought because Pep fancies him; at the time he was bought we would have preferred a Fernandinho future replacement, not another wide forward.

We didn't "spend 60m quid and huge wages to have Mahrez on the bench just in case someone gets injured". I know it's early for you, probably a foggy head, but I've already posted today Mr Bj's excellent summation of Mahrez being part of our squad who like most players will play but not every game (though I believe he's played in the most games this season). So your statement is wrong but no doubt you will keep posting it even though the facts prove you wrong.

Over to you Ronnie to show us where Man City fans have been banging on about that.

Take a deep breath and give it a rest mate, This us the man utd thread and we are very civilized on here it's a nice day go play outside.

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Carmine you're NOT able to maintain an arguement / debate (call it what you will) are you without getting personal. Pavk it will you.

Alfie - So if we are considering Martial based on minutes played and not games played (didn't  iheanacho in his City days have the best goals per minute) then what is your source for the stat you  posted - please advise  so we can see its correct.  How does Martial  goals per minute stack up against other Premier players  - then we can consider iif he has a great decent average or poor strike rate. Over to yous

It's not just Martial is it ? any player should be based minutes and not games, similar to when you say Mahrez has made 16 appearances, doesn't mean anything does it ? it might only add up to 10 minutes.

didn't  iheanacho in his City days have the best goals per minute)

I haven't got a clue and don't really care !

please advise  so we can see its correct.

No no, it's not correct i just made it up ????

1 hour ago, Bredbury Blue said:

though I believe he's played in the most games this season).

Minutes played in the PL he is actually 11th.

Minutes played in the CL he is actually 8th.

13 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Alfie, you know how it works here as you are the one always going on about it: backup up the post with a link so the post can be checked otherwise its just an opinion. So thank you for posting your 'opinion' on Martial's goal scoring prowess at ManU.

Ok it's just an opinion !

2 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Alfie, you know how it works here as you are the one always going on about it: backup up the post with a link so the post can be checked otherwise its just an opinion. So thank you for posting your 'opinion' on Martial's goal scoring prowess at ManU.

Regarding Martial.

He's played 149 games and scored 42 times. He is 22.

Youngster learning his trade and does it very well as it is. 

25 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

Regarding Martial.

He's an excellent player with a huge future if he continues to improve.

18 minutes ago, Rc2702 said:

I recall you turned your nose up at him not long back when he was linked to your trophy less cabinet.

True and he is proving me wrong as did several others including Bale and Kane.

Freely admit my judgement of players is as good as my predictions. :biggrin:

18 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

I know but no one is taken in by the argument of improving (in terms of starting) over strengthening, that's a load of old toss! He'll start when injuries kick in, which they have.   But joking aside, they got the best available player, ex player of the season for shedloads of money but what an asset to have!!   

5 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

I recall you turned your nose up at him not long back when he was linked to your trophy less cabinet.

Really, you must have someone deep inside of Spurs!!!!  What other things can you recall?  

I thought we dug our heels in to make Martial part of a Toby swap but the United board wouldn't budge...making them right not to.

5 hours ago, RonniePickering22 said:

True and he is proving me wrong as did several others including Bale and Kane.

Freely admit my judgement of players is as good as my predictions. :biggrin:

We most definitely did not turn away Martial.  They very wisely, as his goal ratio confirms,  wouldn't let him go, al though the rumors were that Mourinho would, but the board elected to keep him although that part i'm not sure about.

Edited by carmine

5 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

What are you on about now ? i'm sure some people on here live on a different planet.

Please explain where you get your info from, i'm intrigued. 

Edited by alfieconn

10 minutes ago, alfieconn said:

What are you on about now ? i'm sure some people on here live on a different planet.

Please explain where you get your info from, i'm intrigued. 

he just makes it up as he goes.  Probably got the cob on with Spurs cos we beat Wolves!!!

Juventus manager Allegris comments post match were interesting "We just couldn't handle Fellaini in the closing moments,190 cm tall "(not inc hair)  Felaini's prescence may be a permanent fixture fom set plays which will annoy the purists but is proving most effective.

I hope Matial stays.His skill was evident from day one just getting the best out of him was a problem.Whoever has unlocked the talent is anyones guess,He doesnt do too many interviews .In fact I cant remember one. 

The argument about Martial's goal return is pretty pointless ,its minutes played and obviously assists and tracking back come into play for an overall evaluation.

I thought Sanchez performance overall, with one assist and very industrious was a big improvement Hopefully he's turned the corner too

Edited by Sparkles
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sparkles said:

Juventus manager Allegris comments post match were interesting "We just couldn't handle Fellaini in the closing moments,190 cm tall "(not inc hair)  Felaini's prescence may be a permanent fixture fom set plays which will annoy the purists but is proving most effective.

I hope Matial stays.His skill was evident from day one just getting the best out of him was a problem.Whoever has unlocked the talent is anyones guess,He doesnt do too many interviews .In fact I cant remember one. 

The argument about Martial's goal return is pretty pointless ,its minutes played and obviously assists and tracking back come into play for an overall evaluation.

I thought Sanchez performance overall, with one assist and very industrious was a big improvement Hopefully he's turned the corner too

I was basing his return on minutes played which as you say is the only relevant stat and its extremely good.  How many "games" he's featured in ratio'd to goals is a stupid irrelevance when he's come on so much as a sub.

The Juve win was just a big win, i don't care how anyone sees it, but i'm never going to be a fellaini fan but i do take the points you've made.

8 hours ago, Rc2702 said:

Regarding Martial.

I think Martial is a decent player but you're stretching it a bit with the "youngster" bit aren't you? He's 23 next month, in his 7th season of top level first-team football at Monaco and ManU.

58 minutes ago, carmine said:

I know but no one is taken in by the argument of improving (in terms of starting) over strengthening, that's a load of old toss! He'll start when injuries kick in, which they have.   But joking aside, they got the best available player, ex player of the season for shedloads of money but what an asset to have!!   

Are you talking about Mahrez here as I'm not quite sure what your point is here?

Ronnie made the statements/argument of improving (in terms of starting) over strengthening - not us City fans, believe we've been pretty quiet/ambivalent about Mahrez joining us.

As for "He'll start when injuries kick in, which they have", Mahrez starts have been documented by Alfie (he's started about 50% of the games) and me (Mahrez has featured in more games than any other City player this season), but who has been injured that you are referring to? Nobody in my opinion relevant to Mahrez; Pep selects 2 from Mahrez, Sane and Sterling in every game.

You do try and keep up with developments at City do you?

5 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

Are you talking about Mahrez here as I'm not quite sure what your point is here?

Ronnie made the statements/argument of improving (in terms of starting) over strengthening - not us City fans, believe we've been pretty quiet/ambivalent about Mahrez joining us.

As for "He'll start when injuries kick in, which they have", Mahrez starts have been documented by Alfie (he's started about 50% of the games) and me (Mahrez has featured in more games than any other City player this season), but who has been injured that you are referring to? Nobody in my opinion relevant to Mahrez; Pep selects 2 from Mahrez, Sane and Sterling in every game.

You do try and keep up with developments at City do you?

You wouldn't understand what i was posting about.  Thats why i posted to Ronnie and not you????

btw, do you understand the importance of minutes played over matches played in terms of goalscoring yet?

32 minutes ago, carmine said:

You wouldn't understand what i was posting about.  Thats why i posted to Ronnie and not you????

btw, do you understand the importance of minutes played over matches played in terms of goalscoring yet?

1. Why wouldn't i understand about a post on City player Mahrez? Basically your previous post was nonsense so you try to make the excuses above.

2. You state your post was exclusively to Ronnie. I just reread it and it wasn't. If it was intended to be exclusively for somebody then try putting their name first, for example, "Ronnie, you're talking <deleted> again...".

3. Yes i "understand the importance of minutes played over matches played in terms of goalscoring", always have, so your point is what exactly here? Do you even have a point?

Just now, carmine said:

Really, you must have someone deep inside of Spurs!!!!  What other things can you recall?  

I thought we dug our heels in to make Martial part of a Toby swap but the United board wouldn't budge...making them right not to.

Reference made to the poster not the club.

21 hours ago, Bredbury Blue said:

1. Why wouldn't i understand about a post on City player Mahrez? Basically your previous post was nonsense so you try to make the excuses above.

2. You state your post was exclusively to Ronnie. I just reread it and it wasn't. If it was intended to be exclusively for somebody then try putting their name first, for example, "Ronnie, you're talking <deleted> again...".

3. Yes i "understand the importance of minutes played over matches played in terms of goalscoring", always have, so your point is what exactly here? Do you even have a point?

Well i was referring to the rubbish you posted trying to contradict my high opinion of Martial which blew up in your face.

It was to Ronnie because i knew  you wouldn't grasp it.

its why you come on here getting out of your depth and make a giant whopper of yourself.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, nev said:

Latest survey in the Manchester evening news what areas are red and blue.

Well put to bed now Manchester has always been red.

45776553_10216854947103291_8304022652079

So anybody puts a manchester postcode and picks blue or red. Yeah a very accurate poll. As a blue posted "I have 2000 workers on site who I could encourage to vote.... I checked and im in Sri Lanka". WHAT A LOAD OF TOSH!

Edited by Bredbury Blue