Manchester United

redrus

What a game last night.

Paul Scholes coming on made a massive difference IMHO

The penalty decison was wrong though....but what a second half display....deserve to be Champions after a performance of THAT magnitude and probably will be.

Yes it was a fortuitous decision, the penalty - fortuitous for us i mean! :D

But as Sir Alex said, we had a nailed on one not given recently in the FA Cup, so we'll take it - much as Liverpool took their highly dubious free-kick last night. :o

You are right about Scholes making a difference. Tevez too. And with Rooney, Ronaldo and Berba all stepping up, despite what Harry may think, penalty or no penalty i think we would have got back in the game.

Could that be the last time we see Nani? I really do hope we let him go in the Summer myself. He promised so much but consistently fails to deliver. :D

Another amazing Spurs /United game. Apart from Nani everone played above themselves and Teves really go the crowd going chasing everything down.

I though Berbatov was suberb. The much maligned striker laid on perfectly weighted passes and obviously had made his mind up to have a big one. Interesting that he leads the whole competition on assists for goals this season. Rooney in the last couple of games has shown a marked improvement in his temperement and once again was the BBC payer of the match. As Rooney said after the match the premiership is now Uniteds to lose.

Bwahahahahaha, i found that hilarious, well done Man Ure... :D

LOL

10 quid says you wouldn't dare you to post that on the Spurs thread MS (which i notice is very quiet today!). :D

With the ROE as it is Rix, there's no point Mate plus, when they lose they seem to dissapear anyway.. :D

Seriously, awesome second half against a distcinctly over rated Team but you can only beat what's put in front of you..:o

LOL

10 quid says you wouldn't dare you to post that on the Spurs thread MS (which i notice is very quiet today!). :D

With the ROE as it is Rix, there's no point Mate plus, when they lose they seem to dissapear anyway.. :D

Seriously, awesome second half against a distcinctly over rated Team but you can only beat what's put in front of you..:o

Wonder what would have happened if that pathetic excuse for a ref hadnt give a penalty and also booked Ronaldo for that nasty kick out yet AGAIN.He would have been sent off for taking his shirt off for the second yellow.I am fed up to death of these mamby pamby refs giving nearly every decison to this team.

Please please refs do your job and stop letting whiskey nose intimidate you,its getting comical watching a man poo game now as we all know what will happen,refs,no balls, game over.

ref for me had a good game, same ref for the liverpool v arsenal match the other night also i think.

9 out of 10 times challenges such that penalty was awarded for are penaltiess.

Scholes was the catylist, who said hes past it, bit of passion always required for a good match :o

Ronaldo shirt removal, no female fan complaints there me thinks. :D

LOL

Seriously, awesome second half against a distcinctly over rated Team but you can only beat what's put in front of you.. :o

Wonder what would have happened if that pathetic excuse for a ref hadnt give a penalty and also booked Ronaldo for that nasty kick out yet AGAIN.He would have been sent off for taking his shirt off for the second yellow.I am fed up to death of these mamby pamby refs giving nearly every decison to this team.

Please please refs do your job and stop letting whiskey nose intimidate you,its getting comical watching a man poo game now as we all know what will happen,refs,no balls, game over.

palacios.gif

no mention of this lunge i see?

LOL

Seriously, awesome second half against a distcinctly over rated Team but you can only beat what's put in front of you.. :o

Well if he didn't award the Pen he would have got it wrong..

Twas a Pen all day long in my opinion..

The only thing i'd knock the Ref for, was not sending off Palacious for that tackle..

LOL

Pat, give it a rest - you are clutching at straws mate. Take away dubious ref'ing decisions and we still walk away with a win with that sort of performance in the second half.

You accuse the refs of bias but what makes you qualified to make such a judgment when you yourself are far, far from balanced?

I am the most balanced person i know lol.I just hate that idiot Ronaldo and i will be happy,like millions more when the diving scumbag goes to another club.Just hope you have to play against him and see what a grease ball he is.

That would be brill,scum bags dives 3 times and gets the penos against man poo,then i would expect honesty then.Dont you lot get sickened by his antics because most of my mates do.

I am the most balanced person i know lol.I just hate that idiot Ronaldo and i will be happy,like millions more when the diving scumbag goes to another club.Just hope you have to play against him and see what a grease ball he is.

That would be brill,scum bags dives 3 times and gets the penos against man poo,then i would expect honesty then.Dont you lot get sickened by his antics because most of my mates do.

He is one of the best Players in the World, undoubtedly, but i honestly would not like one of my Players behaving the way he does regulary, honestly, Drogba likewise..

He is one of the best Players in the World, undoubtedly, but i honestly would not like one of my Players behaving the way he does regulary, honestly, Drogba likewise..

Get no argument from me. When he acts the <deleted> (as he often does), i believe i'm the first one to call it. Believe it or not, i'd rather lose than win with cheating. I was also one of the ones that wanted him to go when he was flirting around with Real.

But he didn't go. And to be fair, he's got his head down and this season has cleaned up his game quite a bit. Yes he still goes down more than most but he also gets people flying in on him much more than anyone else on the pitch.

The only part of his game this season that has annoyed me is his tendancy to stand, hands on hips when he doesn't get a decision his way. But that's the sort of behaviour that will cost Man U, not the opposing teams.

As for last night's game - really don't see what you are bitching about there Pat.

ok just a little pre match info before the game :)

only part of article posted. full story available by Richard Clark

In the build up to tonight’s Champions League Semi-Final first leg at Old Trafford, Arsène Wenger said the away-goals rule almost forced his side to be “audacious”. Meanwhile at his pre-match press conference, Sir Alex Ferguson seemed more concerned about how many Arsenal would score than than his own side.

“We need to win without losing a goal, put it that way," said the Scot. "I would be delighted to win the game 1-0.”

Traditionally that scoreline has been Arsenal’s domain and, of course, it would suit Wenger handsomely tonight.

However the Frenchman argues inhibited football is not in the DNA of either side yet he does take a certain confidence from a Manchester United defence that has conceded 11 goals in its last seven games.

“What I want is my team to play with belief, with certainty and with desire to score goals,” he said. “It’s never predictable whether you score goals or not but what is predictable is both teams have an offensive style and will try to score.

“I believe that they can concede goals and that is always good. It’s better to know that than they haven’t conceded goals for 10 games!

“But let’s not speculate on any weakness of Manchester United. Let’s focus on our strengths and on the way we want to play.”

Well done - should have put the tie to bed quite frankly - although nice to London one up - hope not taking those chances won't come back to us.

A lead & a clean sheet = Tie over..

Never over at 1-0 but if we play as we did in that first half & Arsenal remain weak at the back then i see an embarrassment coming for Wenger on Tuesday.

Here's hoping for a Man United win today so youve as good as got the league in the bag, was having to cheer when Liverpool scored last week V Hull and that was belittling, will let you know if it feels more humiliating to give it a "get in" when Man U score today.

Edited by sanmiguel

Well done - should have put the tie to bed quite frankly - although nice to London one up - hope not taking those chances won't come back to us.

A lead & a clean sheet = Tie over..

Never over at 1-0 but if we play as we did in that first half & Arsenal remain weak at the back then i see an embarrassment coming for Wenger on Tuesday.

Even a First Leg lead of 9-0 wouldn't mean the tie is over mathematically but this one is in my opinion ... :)

6 points up, level on goals, 5/2 up in the 3rd set and we have the serve.

And we're gonna give you a right thrashing next week :)

Yes you are! and Arsenal will also. When I looked at the run in a few weeks back, I felt you and the Gunners would be the games they come unstuck.

Anyway I will be cheering The Blue Moon for one game anyway :D

6 points up, level on goals, 5/2 up in the 3rd set and we have the serve.

And we're gonna give you a right thrashing next week :D

Yes you are! and Arsenal will also. When I looked at the run in a few weeks back, I felt you and the Gunners would be the games they come unstuck.

Anyway I will be cheering The Blue Moon for one game anyway :D

Arsenal will also :) did you not see Wednesday's game were light years ahead of the Arsesoul even Wenger knows it, can't understand why you don't as for city well that's just a training game for our lads. :D

as for city well that's just a training game for our lads. :)

Like it was last year.

Oh, wait a minute. :D

I hope United have that same, arrogant attitude next week !!

Yeap especially Rooney what arrogance & style that lad has :D

as for city well that's just a training game for our lads. :D

Like it was last year.

Well if your idea of style, is a whore mongering, Shrek-alike, that's up to you :)

as for city well that's just a training game for our lads. :)

Like it was last year.

I suppose beating us is the nearest a city fan can get to the feeling of an achievement made with a football, it must feel like you've won the champions league when it happens our bless ya :D