Carl'S Jr. Opens In Central

LALes

Stopped in today for the Grand Opening. Had a chili cheeseburger. Yum. I don't know where else you

can get a chili burger in Thailand. A bit pricey for the set at 223 baht but I'm not complaining.

And that's for a small. They will ask you if you want medium or large and both are extra.

Third floor looking out at the beach.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was the beef atrocious or horrible?

I think the word Yum in the first line of the OP kinda gives you a clue

Not really. He seemed psyched about the chili. Many people feel the US fast food chains here use Thai beef so even though it's marketed as a US food product, it's not. OK, in the US you probably get Brazilian beef but that's another matter. I would think for that price for a small burger, you'd expect better beef. So I'm still asking.
  • Like 1

Was the beef atrocious or horrible?

I think the word Yum in the first line of the OP kinda gives you a clue

Not really. He seemed psyched about the chili. Many people feel the US fast food chains here use Thai beef so even though it's marketed as a US food product, it's not. OK, in the US you probably get Brazilian beef but that's another matter. I would think for that price for a small burger, you'd expect better beef. So I'm still asking.

Instead of posting 102 questions about the quality of the napkins and whether the toilets are clean, why don't you take your silly ass to Central and find out for yourself?

This is a forum. Who said this is about me? I hate fast food burgers! I am curious though for academic interest if Carl's Jr is doing something different than the other US brands in Thailand in regard to beef quality. Edited by Jingthing

they were dishing out flyers today of the menu but without prices (i guess not to put the Thai's off ) cos by the time you are in there and ordering it's a bit late to back out.

3 rd floor on the right hand side overlooking the brazilian place Zico.

i think it has a terrace but i need to confirm that.

being english i had never heard of this mob till today

Dairy Queen burgers were phat...but didn't last :( If Henieke and his Minor Group couldn't compete with Micky and the King, I don't hold out much hope for Jr. Been getting my fill of good bacon-cheeseburgers this week in Frisco so thing I'll be good for awhile when I get back.

Dairy Queen burgers were phat...but didn't last :( If Henieke and his Minor Group couldn't compete with Micky and the King, I don't hold out much hope for Jr. Been getting my fill of good bacon-cheeseburgers this week in Frisco so thing I'll be good for awhile when I get back.

Um well Minor Group owns BK Master Franchise in Thailand.

223 baht is not a small burger. It is a small combo. That means small drink and small fries. The burger is the same no matter what

size combo you order. I don't know what kind of beef they are using but I liked it. Sure, its not going to be Niman Ranch like they

use in the best SF burger joints, but I'm OK with it. Where else are you going to get a good burger in Pattaya? Bangkok has a

number of good places but I haven't had one here.

223 baht is not a small burger. It is a small combo. That means small drink and small fries. The burger is the same no matter what

size combo you order. I don't know what kind of beef they are using but I liked it. Sure, its not going to be Niman Ranch like they

use in the best SF burger joints, but I'm OK with it. Where else are you going to get a good burger in Pattaya? Bangkok has a

number of good places but I haven't had one here.

I think Moss burger is not too bad,and I also like BK however it is also overpriced in my opinion.

In the US, Carl's Jr. is one of the better fast food joints quality wise. They are also one of the few that don't sell $1 items on their menu. On the East coast of the US they go by the name of Hardees and are called Carl's Jr. on the west coast. Personally I have always been a fan of their burgers over any other fast food joint. There is a noticeable difference in quality which also translates into a higher price.

I will make sure to have a look the next time I'm in Central and if it seems right I'll go for it and drop the cash on a burger.

• Like 1

Where else are you going to get a good burger in Pattaya?

Am I right in thinking that the Hilton does burgers in one of it's daily 350B lunchtime buffets?

If so, it's a fair bet that it will be a good one.

Personally I wouldn't pay 5B for a burger as I don't like them.

Am I right in thinking that the Hilton does burgers in one of it's daily 350B lunchtime buffets?

Don't like burgers?? Then I couldn't see you wanting to pay anything for something you don't like. But certainly you will not get good quality meat for less than 100thb a burger if it can be had for that.

I keep meaning to try the hilton lunch buffet and telling me they have burgers might be what gets me in there.

Thanks for that.

led me add that the most popular Carl's Jr burger that has been on the menu since I was a kid is the Western Bacon Cheesburger. Obviously comes with bacon and cheese as well as nice BBQ sauce and fried onion rings on top. It will be hard for me to pass up on one if they have them here in Thailand.

Menu_WesternBaconCheeseburger.png?1285096072

Edited by Jayman

Dairy Queen burgers were phat...but didn't last sad.png If Henieke and his Minor Group couldn't compete with Micky and the King, I don't hold out much hope for Jr. Been getting my fill of good bacon-cheeseburgers this week in Frisco so thing I'll be good for awhile when I get back.

Yes you are right...I remembered that after I posted. So why can't BK burgers be as good as the former DQ burgers?

I keep meaning to try the hilton lunch buffet and telling me they have burgers might be what gets me in there.

Be aware that it's themed and so they have different things every day. Pretty sure that burgers are/were included on one of the days though.

So CJ is supposedly a step up from McD/BK? That's interesting. Maybe I will try it. Still wondering about how their beef in Thailand compares to the home regions.

Burger King in America used better beef than McDonalds, but here they seem to use the same (tasteless) kind. I hope that Carl's Jr. is importing the good stuff from the US, but am not counting on it.

Edited by Ulysses G.
  • Like 1

burgers are on Wednesdays

• Like 1

... and they're awful!

• Like 2

... and they're awful!

I'm surprised. I have a friend who sometimes eats there on burger day and he's quite fussy.

I've never had anything yet at the Hilton that wasn't good enough, if not very good. They used to do a good pizza also on Fridays but they stopped it.

... and they're awful!

I thought so too. Something wrong.

Your best bet is to go to the Marriott Hotel. Juicy, bacon, cheese burgers.

I eat in the bar/lounge or on the terrace overlooking the pool.

Compared to Burger King the prices are quite reasonable for what you get.

... and they're awful!

I'm surprised. I have a friend who sometimes eats there on burger day and he's quite fussy.

I've never had anything yet at the Hilton that wasn't good enough, if not very good. They used to do a good pizza also on Fridays but they stopped it.

Yes. The pizza here was super delicious.

I never thought much of the Hilton buffet. Pretty average stuff. I don't trust them to do a good burger and certainly not at 350 baht.

I don't know where Carl's Jr. is getting their meat from, but it tasted pretty good. I ain't complaining.

Thanks for the tip about the Marriot. I might have to try their burger. I don't mind spending for quality. When in BKK, I will drop

300 or so on a burger meal with no second thought because I know its quality.

One more thing....when I drop 300 on a burger, I expect them to do it Medium Rare. For that money, you should be getting

quality beef that should be shown to its best advantage. Does the Marriot come thru on this?