Carl'S Jr. Opens In Central

LALes

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CJ opened in Indonesia a year or so ago, the beef was a serious let down compared to good ol USA so I suspect local beef being used in Thailand as well.

Overpriced and rely on their reputation in USA ( which is deserved and good ) not followed through on the quality

One more thing....when I drop 300 on a burger, I expect them to do it Medium Rare. For that money, you should be getting

quality beef that should be shown to its best advantage. Does the Marriot come thru on this?

I am told they grind Australian beef daily.

Apparently, Mr. Marriott loves burgers and if he shows up, it has to done his way.

Their chefs have lots of freedom except for the burger recipe they say.

they were dishing out flyers today of the menu but without prices (i guess not to put the Thai's off ) cos by the time you are in there and ordering it's a bit late to back out.

3 rd floor on the right hand side overlooking the brazilian place Zico.

i think it has a terrace but i need to confirm that.

being english i had never heard of this mob till today

Ditto. The very first time that I have ever heard of that name. Should I worry that I am missing something? I think not.

Comparing quality of beef in a plastic burger. How does that work? I seriously doubt you can tell the difference between Thai or Imported ground beef. Especially after additives are included.

Another average American Burger chain. And no one other than American even eat Chilli Burgers. They sound disgusting.

In and Out are the best American burgers I've tried. I also don't mind the occasional Burger King.

At the end of the day it's all about choice. And that's one thing America has given the world of cuisine....good on em.

In the US, Carl's Jr. is one of the better fast food joints quality wise. They are also one of the few that don't sell $1 items on their menu. On the East coast of the US they go by the name of Hardees and are called Carl's Jr. on the west coast. Personally I have always been a fan of their burgers over any other fast food joint. There is a noticeable difference in quality which also translates into a higher price.

I will make sure to have a look the next time I'm in Central and if it seems right I'll go for it and drop the cash on a burger.

In the US, Carl's Jr. is one of the better fast food joints quality wise. They are also one of the few that don't sell $1 items on their menu. On the East coast of the US they go by the name of Hardees and are called Carl's Jr. on the west coast. Personally I have always been a fan of their burgers over any other fast food joint. There is a noticeable difference in quality which also translates into a higher price.

I will make sure to have a look the next time I'm in Central and if it seems right I'll go for it and drop the cash on a burger.

I have to agree that for me Carl's Jr. in the States is the best of the fast food burgers. Especially the jalipino burger. I have even passed up a In N Out for Carl's even animal style.

Comparing quality of beef in a plastic burger. How does that work? I seriously doubt you can tell the difference between Thai or Imported ground beef. Especially after additives are included.

Another average American Burger chain. And no one other than American even eat Chilli Burgers. They sound disgusting.

In and Out are the best American burgers I've tried. I also don't mind the occasional Burger King.

At the end of the day it's all about choice. And that's one thing America has given the world of cuisine....good on em.

Hold on a moment M8; no need to call anyone's choice of food disgusting. What about your beetroot on a burger? Most Americans (acknowledged home of the world's best burgers) figure that's a quick way to render a perfectly good burger... inedible! Anyway, it probably comes down to what you grew up with. I've eaten 2 or 3 chili burgers in the past and, being American, wouldn't mind trying another one some day. But, beetroot- not disgusting, just: no, thanks.

cool.png

PS- Also, I wanna add, that not all chili burgers are created alike. Some look good, while others, well... not so good.

post-72929-0-19735600-1338973849_thumb.j

post-72929-0-34981200-1338973873_thumb.j

We eat chili on both hotdogs and hamburgers... To an American this is very tasty. You can stick with the Vegemite if that is what you prefer.

• Like 2

I've had chili on a burger or dog about two times in my life. coffee1.gif In theory I like chili but I haven't lived in a chili culture region like Texas so the stuff you get as chili in "mainstream" America is just too lame and tame for my tastes.

The burgers on the Thai CJ menu labeled charbroiled, do you reckon they are REALLY charbroiled or just another marketing ploy?

Edited by Jingthing

I've had chili on a burger or dog about two times in my life. coffee1.gif In theory I like chili but I haven't lived in a chili culture region like Texas so the stuff you get as chili in "mainstream" America is just too lame and tame for my tastes.

The burgers on the Thai CJ menu labeled charbroiled, do you reckon they are REALLY charbroiled or just another marketing ploy?

In the US they are actually charbroiled... as to how they are doing it here is anyone's guess.

As a comparison, in the US Burger King claims charbroiled and they are at the factory, then frozen and in the restaurant they are microwaved back to life. They have the lines as if they are charbroiled an in reality they were at one point but not right before you eat it.

Carl's actually does charbroil them inside the restaurant in the US.

Yes I'm sure they do in the US (because the media, competition, or even the laws would hound them if they misled about that in the US) and I know about the games played in Thailand with this kind of thing. So I guess its fair to assume in Thailand they are NOT really charbroiled, at least on the premises?

Edited by Jingthing

Yes I'm sure they do in the US (because the media, competition, or even the laws would hound them if they misled about that in the US) and I know about the games played in Thailand with this kind of thing. So I guess its fair to assume in Thailand they are NOT really charbroiled, at least on the premises?

Like I said, even in the US BK markets as charbroiled and yet microwaves on the premises. They get away with it just fine.

As for how Carl's does things here in Thailand it's very easy to figure it out if you walk into the restaurant you will see if they are putting the burgers on open flames or in a microwave. Also another sign is that they have to vent the smoke out somewhere if they are charbroiling. When I make it in there I will have a look and post my findings.

Yeah they get away with it, but if its microwaved its not the same quality of product.

Of course it's not JT.. that's why it's general opinion in the US that burger king is crap.

ok went back to give it a try today.

JR classic combo which is med fries n drink. 149 bht.

all the other burgers looked monsters but i was happy with the 1 i got.

it does have a terrace 5 steps down and out towards the beach with some shade available.

40 seats and a total of 20 tables out there, but no napkins or condiments u need to shove them on inside first if u want them.

nice view to sea and towards naklua and the soi 9 cop shop car park.

it was 17 00 hrs when i called and it was pretty quiet not many customers......i was the only 1 on the terrace.

never heard of this lot till yesterday but quite impressed

The Menu

Nice!! Looking forward to the opening in Bangkok.

Any ideas on price, is it more expensive than Burger King?

Prices 192b to 223b for the combo's on the first page. 149b for the Jr. combo as stated before.

That is actually in line with what they charge in the US.

The Menu

Nice!! Looking forward to the opening in Bangkok.

Any ideas on price, is it more expensive than Burger King?

Prices 192b to 223b for the combo's on the first page. 149b for the Jr. combo as stated before.

That is actually in line with what they charge in the US.

Yep, just hoping Western Bacon and shakes are just as good!!

Tried it today, the Super Star with cheese and the low carb chicken club along with chili fries. First thing, they are wayyyyyy to liberal with the mayonnaise and ketchup etc.. You can barely taste the meat. If I ordered it myself I would have asked for just mustard.The chicken was black on the outside so might have been "charbroiled" too long. Never tried a lettuce sandwich before though, would have been good without all the mayo. The beef burger tastes like the ones I have had in Burger King before, can't really tell if it is Thai beef or not with all the cheese and ketchup. I would say it is not charbroiled from other charbroiled fast food burgers I have had. Chili fries are pretty good. Was 412 baht for everything.

I often wonder how A&W and KFC can afford the rental in the prime locations at Central. they never look busy (too many other choices) and the quality at any A&W in Thailand is substandard (they should have their franchise licence provoked). So does the "corporation" of Central also own these franchises which entitles them to prime locations?

I often wonder how A&W and KFC can afford the rental in the prime locations at Central. they never look busy (too many other choices) and the quality at any A&W in Thailand is substandard (they should have their franchise licence provoked). So does the "corporation" of Central also own these franchises which entitles them to prime locations?

I would guess the rent is heavily subsidized by Central so it doesn't become a ghost mall. People going somewhere to eat might stop at a few other shops on the way for some spontaneous shopping (Maybe why most of the restaurants are on the top floors?). Western fast food places usually attract many western tourists who are hesitant to try anything new and have some extra cash in their budget for shopping.

Well, if A & W is subsidized by Central, why are they gone? I'll miss the Root Beer float after a short time.sad.png

They are gone? I was just there for a float not that long ago.....