Carl'S Jr. Opens In Central

LALes

But did you ask if the cow had eaten grass 1 hour and 15 minutes before it was slaughtered? If not I wont be giving this shop an ounce of respect and I will not be paying it a visit and I will continue to post things on here to try and make it sound bad even though I have never been.

Thanks for pointing that out so now I can just ignore all the useless things will be posting.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But did you ask if the cow had eaten grass 1 hour and 15 minutes before it was slaughtered? If not I wont be giving this shop an ounce of respect and I will not be paying it a visit and I will continue to post things on here to try and make it sound bad even though I have never been.

Thanks for pointing that out so now I can just ignore all the useless things will be posting.

Sarcasim is just lost on some people

Sarcasim is just lost on some people

Yeah it usually is lost when writing on the internet. That is how emoticons were born. In the English language we use tone to show the emotion of our speech (ie sarcasm). Where as in a tonal language such as Thai, tone is used as part of the language.

Since we can't hear the tone of your written words to determine what your meaning is, you need to use emoticons or deal with the fact that many others will have no clue what you are on about. There are many weirdos on TVF and far be it for me to read into all the posts here to try and figure out what the poster "meant" by his words.

Ate at Carl Juniors today and the food definately is better quality than the other fast food places we have here (and better than the restaurants that offer burger). The fries were a nice surprise...tasted like they were made from fresh potatoes...not the skinny, stringy type.

Ate the Superstar today, was between good and ok. Onion rings were the best I've had here, fries average (mine were a bit soggy, could've benefited from longer frying). The total average sum between average and good, just a bit above Burger King I'd say.

I'm in Carl's right now and asked the manger how they cook their burgers and she told me they have a charcoal powered charbroiler in the back that they are all cooked on.

Edited by Jayman

I just also had the jalapeno burger and it was great. So were the fries. This is a welcome treat for Pattaya. Hope there business picks up as it was empty at 1:00pm. They were out of diet coke but the service was very good. I'll go back as it is best burger so far for me in Pattaya.

Ate the Superstar today, was between good and ok. Onion rings were the best I've had here, fries average (mine were a bit soggy, could've benefited from longer frying). The total average sum between average and good, just a bit above Burger King I'd say.

I will second that opinion. One thing that is off to me about the service is that when I ordered the chili burger set (burger ,fries and soft drink),I was asked "Do you want medium or large fries?" I replied "medium" thinking that was the default.

I fact the default is small(which is plenty) and "upsizing" of course costs more.

I changed my order to the small and although the cashiers are just doing what they are told, this is in fact a deceptive

business practice. Whether or not it is illegal here, I don't know. The American trainer-girls were not there and the Thai staff seemed like they were reciting memorized lines so I didn't complain.

The more ethical(though also annoying) thing is to do what is done in Burger King - ask "Do you want to upsize your order?"

Edited by BugJackBaron

I will second that opinion. One thing that is off to me about the service is that when I ordered the chili burger set (burger ,fries and soft drink),I was asked "Do you want medium or large fries?" I replied "medium" thinking that was the default.

I fact the default is small(which is plenty) and "upsizing" of course costs more.

I changed my order to the small and although the cashiers are just doing what they are told, this is in fact a deceptive

business practice. Whether or not it is illegal here, I don't know. The American trainer-girls were not there and the Thai staff seemed like they were reciting memorized lines so I didn't complain.

The more ethical(though also annoying) thing is to do what is done in Burger King - ask "Do you want to upsize your order?"

I suggest for you to bring up your complaint with the Thai management. I have spoken to them and they have been quite understanding and helpful. As you mentioned, the cashiers are just repeating what they were told. If you feel deceived, you should definitely say something to, at the very least, make yourself feel better about it. Surely that would have the potential for a more positive outcome than coming here and complaining about it.

Just curious,about what you spoke to the management about.

I didn't lose anything because I noticed the increase in price and asked for the small size default.

But the naive tourist might not.

Besides, complaining on these boards is more fun and who knows? - perhaps the management of Carl's

religiously reads this forum.

I probably will eat there again.

Just curious,about what you spoke to the management about.

I didn't lose anything because I noticed the increase in price and asked for the small size default.

But the naive tourist might not.

Besides, complaining on these boards is more fun and who knows? - perhaps the management of Carl's

religiously reads this forum.

I probably will eat there again.

Well, I purchased a drink and then when I walked over to the drink dispenser I noticed that coke 0 was out of stock. So the management was helpful in refunding the drink money. I took that opportunity to ask them how they prepare the hamburgers and she told me they use a charcoal powered charbroiler. I asked her where it was and she pointed and told me it was in the back. I will continue to go there for my western bacon cheeseburger cravings. I am more than happy with the food there and think it's way above the microwaved burgers sold at BK

Just had the Double Star Cheeseburger combo and it was quite good. No complaints, in fact better than any other restaurant burger I've had in Pattaya which probably says more about the quality of burgers in this city. The medium combo came to 273 baht with free refills on the drinks just like in the USA. Great fries with salt/pepper and full size napkins on the table (and I needed 4 of them).

post-9935-0-83348800-1340027031_thumb.jp

Edited by ThaiBob

The free refills is kinda neat, for us non-Americans something new; but someone please explain to me, if you get free refills, why would you order anything but a small drink?

I'm American and I often wonder the same thing.

The free refills is kinda neat, for us non-Americans something new; but someone please explain to me, if you get free refills, why would you order anything but a small drink?
Maybe so you don't have to keep going up to the refilling station every couple minutes....

Maybe so you don't have to keep going up to the refilling station every couple minutes....

I guess it's a 200 usd fine for serving more than 12 ounces in New York City now days - if you haven't seen all the jokes on late night etc..

To get the larger fries, the fries and drink come as a pair. (The cup sizes look small by American standards although this will make Mayor Bloomberg happy!!)

Edited by ThaiBob

• 3 weeks later...

I went yesterday for the Jalapeno combo (235 baht w/small fries & unlimited soft drink). While it was very good did not compare to the ones from California. I will still go back for more however as I feel it is the best we have in Pattaya. Skimpy on the peppers and tomato but still quite tasty. G/F had the fish catch burger and strawberry shake w/whipped cream (190 baht) which she loved.

Here is photo of Carl's in California and review by Phooods.

Carl's Jr. Jalapeño Burger

cjjalapeno.jpgAfter glancing back through Phoood's archives, I've noticed that the site's contributors have been truly nice to Carl's Jr., with 5 out of 6 burgers reviewed having a designation of "good" or better. This is no coincidence, as Carl's Jr. is one of the best fast food franchises out there. The company has taken pride in being proliferators of delicious (albeit high-calorie) comfort food, while not seeming to care about their competitors trying to integrate so-called "healthy" options into their menus. Plus, you have to love a restaurant that has so many different burgers. The point is, heart health aside, CJ's hamburgers are good, and the Jalapeño Burger is no exception. This particular sandwich is a standard charbroiled burger on a bun with lettuce, tomato and onion. To give it that extra kick, they throw on jalapeño peppers (hence the name), pepper jack cheese and Santa Fe sauce (which is a spicy mayonnaise). Needless to say, this combination is a winner. It has just the right mix of flavor and spice. The jalapeños have a good amount of heat, but they aren't extreme in any sense. Overall, if you like spicy food and charbroiled burgers (which I do), it would be almost impossible to be disappointed. My only gripe is that sometimes my local Carl's Jr. is a little light on the sauce or the peppers, which detracts from the intended flavor (but when it's well-made, it's truly excellent). I wouldn't say that this is Carl's best sandwich (I'd give that title to the classic Western Bacon Cheeseburger), but it's definitely a great one. If you're in the mood for a top-notch fast food burger with a kick, head over and pick one up.

Phoood rating: outstanding-small.gif

• Like 1

I went there on the weekend out of interest to see if it was good as it was hyped up to be.

Ordered a hamburger but it took 25 mins to come which was a bit long considering there wasnt that many people there.

I forget which one i chose but it had no salad at all on it just a bun with meat and mustard.

Too dry for my liking although the beef tasted okay and the fries were better than the other places like BKs and Maccas. Having said that they dont compare with proper British syle chips.

Maybe I chose the wrong burger but imho you need plenty of salad on a burger to make it tasty.

I've been there several times, with several people each time and have not yet seen a burger without plenty of salat, and we've never had to wait more than a few minutes, maybe 5 tops.

Would be interesting to know exactly what you ordered.... As for fries (US/EU) vs. "chips" (UK) I guess that's a matter of taste and what you're used to.

• Like 1

I just had a look at the menu posted and it was the Big Burger. Yeah bad luck i didnt realise it came with no salad. Never had a burger with no salad.

Yeah it was a long wait. Sunday 1pm. I couldn't understand why it took so long. My mate had the chicken fillets. He said they were pretty good. They were chunky enough.

I looked around and other people had salad on what they ordered although it didnt look like very much salad but i will reserve judgement til i try it again.

The beef at least tasted decent and without doubt better quality than BK and Maccas but of course you are paying more so you should expect better.

Never had a burger with no salad.

I'm pretty sure that the Quarter Pounder with Cheese has no salad although as they do not have them in Thailand it has been many years since I had one.

I think it came with an American Salad (extra cheese and a pickle).

I went there on the weekend out of interest to see if it was good as it was hyped up to be.

Ordered a hamburger but it took 25 mins to come which was a bit long considering there wasnt that many people there.

I forget which one i chose but it had no salad at all on it just a bun with meat and mustard.

Too dry for my liking although the beef tasted okay and the fries were better than the other places like BKs and Maccas. Having said that they dont compare with proper British syle chips.

Maybe I chose the wrong burger but imho you need plenty of salad on a burger to make it tasty.

Don't think they have any burgers with no lettuce other than maybe the kids burger and the western. And 25 mins? That just doesn't sound right at all to me.

You obviously ordered the burger from the picture so in the picture did it have lettuce? Seems like if it came quite different from the picture you should have said something. If you feel a burger needs plenty of lettuce then by all means you should have ordered one like that.

Also, I hope I'm assuming correctly that "salad" is the British word for lettuce.

Edited by Jayman

Never had a burger with no salad.

I'm pretty sure that the Quarter Pounder with Cheese has no salad although as they do not have them in Thailand it has been many years since I had one.

Still not sure what you guys mean when you say "salad" if it's just lettuce or do you mean vegetables (like onions, pickles, tomatoes, lettuce).

At McD's very very few burgers have lettuce on them. In fact, maybe only the Big Mac and the deluxe burger. All the rest have only onions and pickles.