Where To Have Diabetes And Cholesterol Tests?

mja1906

Hi, just wondering where/how would be the best way to have some diabetes and cholesterol tests done? I'm in Chiang Mai.

I normally go to Suan Dok hospital, but just wondering if smaller clinics could do the same? Or maybe best to stick to the hospital? thanks

Suspect most clinics would have to send blood out for testing. You can always ask for medication names and buy at drug store to avoid hospital mark-up. Clinics are also likely to mark up medications.

Any hospital can do this but at Suan Dok you'll have to see a doctor first to get them ordered, I don't think (could be wrong) that they have a check-up dept. And the tests have to be done on an empty stomach (no food from the night before) and adding to that the wait to see a doctor, probably a 3 day affair: one day to see the doc and get the tests ordered, next day to the lab for the blood draw, day after to see the doc and get the result.

Suggest you check out the prices on low-end check-up packages at the Ram, McKean and any other private hospitals in the area. You can usually get these tests plus a few others done on demand with no wait for not more than 2,000 baht. Might be easier to do that first and then consult a doc at Sri pat if the test results are abnormal.

Suspect an hour or two would be normal time in private hospital. Here in Bangkok it is always within 1 1/2 hours at hospital I use and this is during the morning rush period.

tropo:

For those that require a daily monitor the cost may be doable but the real cost is a whole lot more than 2-3k. It is the test strips that cost.