More Suitable Thai Bank For Eu Pensionist

Hello everybody i want to know the opinion of another expats from European Union about which is in their opinion the most suitable thai bank in order to receive my pension from Europe and what about the thai banking system because i supposse that it must be different from Europe my questions is if the bank falls due to economical circumstances the goverment support the bank as it happens in EU??Thanks in advance guys!!

Not sure about "pensionists" but I dont think that there is any significant difference in Thai banks for pensioners than for any other sort of person.

So you should be looking for a Thai bank that has direct correspondence with your EU bank so as to reduce transfer fees, though you could also send your money via an FX broker. Apart from that go for one that pays a reasonable interest rate on your savings account (TMB, StanaChart, Standard Chartered, CIMB with conditions). One that has a nearby branch/ATM to where you live might be handy. One that allows free ATM withdrawals in many areas might be handy if you intend travelling.

Get yourself an ATM card from an EU bank that carries no foreign exchange weighting, for emergencies.

Deposit protection in Thailand will be 1MB per client per bank from August. Currently it is much higher.

• Like 1