Another Scam

sunholidaysun1

Wifeys pal got hit in a similarly disgusting way by an American. The one doing the 'dating' was coming to Chiang Mai to meet the Lady and was travelling with a 'friend'. On arrival she was waiting at the Airport and received a phone call from the arrivals hall to say that her 'love' had been stopped by immigration and because of problems with his passport he needed cash right away or he would get locked up for the night, so could she get 20,000 Baht quickly and he would send his 'friend' out to get it for him. She rushed to the ATM and withdrew the money without a second thought and was met by the 'friend' within two minutes. He vanished accordingly and she waited more than two hours before going to the desk to find that nobody with the name of her 'love' was on the flight that he was supposedly on. It is disgusting but sadly it happens often.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The best thing to do is to share this story with your Thai friends, then ask them to share it on Facebook.

If it goes viral then all the better.

Even if it goes viral, every Thai who is given the option will fall for the same thing. A laptop AND gold... they are useless against such power.

The best thing to do is to share this story with your Thai friends, then ask them to share it on Facebook.

If it goes viral then all the better.

Even if it goes viral, every Thai who is given the option will fall for the same thing. A laptop AND gold... they are useless against such power.

I think it works even better if they say tablet pc. Seems to have won an election b4

Many years ago read some stats that said 20% of all international mail to the USA was scam mail. The internet is cheaper then postage. I even get e mail from some alleged UK guy wanting to marry me. They just troll sites and post to every email address and hope for a hit. Have some fun and reply, if you are good you can run them around for months, wasting their time. I do in the wet season when stuck inside for months at a time. Jim

I read somewhere that some woman got scammed and then they offered her money back once she became suspisious, they sent the money back plus extra, the victim is then asked to deposit the money into thier bank account and forward the extra money to another bank account for someone else.

What happened then is the cheque bounces then the victim is out of pocket the money they were supposed to have had returned and then also becomes liable for the funds to be deposited the other persons account.

She was looking for farang for money anyway. Karma.

If she dated a lovely Thai man and wasnt after a farangs wallet she'd be fine.

Don't think you understand Thai culture that well. Girls that go to Uni and take the career path are not in high demand as wives. For them marrying below thier status is a no no. Much like a western girl who is a high flyers marrying a unemployed layabout.. Know plenty of women in good jobs who will never find a Thai husband, too old, to well educated and a western husband is something they can aspire to. It's all about status, east or west. Jim

Really does'nt matter why someone is on the net looking for a partner. The O.P. depicts an honest Thai woman looking for a foriegn husband, big deal. It does'nt make her a fraudster no more than myself wanting to come to Thailand to marry a Thai woman.

• Like 1

Of course my friend went to the Police and to her bank , as far as she knows , the chances are very slim in catching these people as the con is all done and dusted within 2 weeks . Bank accounts are opened easily fro a Thai but not so easy for the foreigner as passport details etc are needed. Once the money is in the account , its withdrawn and they are off into the sunset.

As for the customs man calling her mobile phone , obviously this is where alarm bells should start to ring . She said she never gave it a thought about how they had her number , all she was concerned about was them telling her the story about the tax needed topay for the goods. She said they knew her address and her name , so having her phone number didnt cross her mind. The Husband to be was the scam artist and he had all the details .

She wont get a penny back from this , they wont be caught either , but at least she has learned her lesson and anyone else on here can pass the information on to others , but sadly this type of Con will never stop .

Not so quick...i just recently met a thai scamer on a social network site, she was pretty keen to get my phone number once she realized i was living here, eventually after countless texts and a few calls from her we met downtown, over dinner we spent 20 min talking about me and 90 min talking about all her problems...name dropping, been here there and everywhere, i bought this and that, she looked the part...about 1 hr into our dinner i had enough of her miserable life so just want to see how much more miserable it could get...well first it was just ex farang husband moving into her farm house near hua hin with his new TGF, him also breaking into "her" apartment downtown in BKK after she changed the locks, how the police couldnt do anything etc etc.

Then the 23million she lost in a scam...too good to be true return on short term loan...my my. I was curious to see what she drove since she portrayed her self to be a hiso, a new toyota car suv thing..bank books ready for me to inspect when she offered me a lift pics of legal stuff on her iphone...she was well prepared for sure, as she droped me off at the MRT she asked if i wanted to go with her to her farm house etc etc..i agreed to keep her happy.

Anyway this woman and attractive well groomed around 45 met her on Oasis active and since seen her profile in Tagg had at least 3 phones as she called me with each...dumb bimbo wondered why i didnt return calls, i didnt because i suspected something wasnt right pretty quickly but the fact she had 3 phones she understood i didnt know who was calling.

Eventually more texts and a few more calls as she kept the charade going i advised her as good citizen would to break off negotiations with her ex and let him chase her, since he wanted her money and if she was smart she should hire some heavy's to remove him...would be a lot cheaper than paying him out...or at least get someone ready to move into apartment and farm house while she lures him away for a meeting meanwhile locks are changed and new tenants move in...

Of course i have not heard from her since.

The scam would have been a 1 million loan (thats the figure she had mentioned that was a payoff to the ex) because she had been scammed out of 23 m but of course once she sold a couple of apartments she would fix me up...and fix me up im sure she would have...i think a farang may have been involved and possibly another thai woman, as she was keen for me to go to hua hin so im guessing we would have bumped into them.

So gentlemen its not just the Nigerians....

Not so quick...i just recently met a thai scamer on a social network site, she was pretty keen to get my phone number once she realized i was living here, eventually after countless texts and a few calls from her we met downtown, over dinner we spent 20 min talking about me and 90 min talking about all her problems...name dropping, been here there and everywhere, i bought this and that, she looked the part...about 1 hr into our dinner i had enough of her miserable life so just want to see how much more miserable it could get...well first it was just ex farang husband moving into her farm house near hua hin with his new TGF, him also breaking into "her" apartment downtown in BKK after she changed the locks, how the police couldnt do anything etc etc.

Then the 23million she lost in a scam...too good to be true return on short term loan...my my. I was curious to see what she drove since she portrayed her self to be a hiso, a new toyota car suv thing..bank books ready for me to inspect when she offered me a lift pics of legal stuff on her iphone...she was well prepared for sure, as she droped me off at the MRT she asked if i wanted to go with her to her farm house etc etc..i agreed to keep her happy.

Anyway this woman and attractive well groomed around 45 met her on Oasis active and since seen her profile in Tagg had at least 3 phones as she called me with each...dumb bimbo wondered why i didnt return calls, i didnt because i suspected something wasnt right pretty quickly but the fact she had 3 phones she understood i didnt know who was calling.

Eventually more texts and a few more calls as she kept the charade going i advised her as good citizen would to break off negotiations with her ex and let him chase her, since he wanted her money and if she was smart she should hire some heavy's to remove him...would be a lot cheaper than paying him out...or at least get someone ready to move into apartment and farm house while she lures him away for a meeting meanwhile locks are changed and new tenants move in...

The scam would have been a 1 million loan (thats the figure she had mentioned that was a payoff to the ex) because she had been scammed out of 23 m but of course once she sold a couple of apartments she would fix me up...and fix me up im sure she would have...i think a farang may have been involved and possibly another thai woman, as she was keen for me to go to hua hin so im guessing we would have bumped into them.

wow, you write with almost no clarity at all.

I could barely understand that, i had to read it twice.

• Like 1

English please...

sorry, I understand very well what is being said.....

The chick tried to relieve him from 1 million Baht.

Thai lady, first contacted online, hinted 1 million baht pay-off. I got it too and I'm still piss drunk from last night! :rolleyes:

Edited by Payboy

sorry, I understand very well what is being said.....

Me too and it isnt even my first language. Though the guy could have used some more text spacing ect.

I understood the post too. As you say it could have been presented better, especially with long posts. Another scammer avoided. Some think we came off the banana boat ;)

The only legit net investment I have come across was shares in the Sydney Harbour Bridge, which I brought, as I am about to retire I wish to sell them, at cost price. 500% pa on your money, no risk, just pm me.

"No risk." Hmmmmm....the BS meter just went off-the-charts.

Not so quick...i just recently met a thai scamer on a social network site, she was pretty keen to get my phone number once she realized ....

wow, you write with almost no clarity at all.

I could barely understand that, i had to read it twice.

Why would you bother?

Life's too short. . .

Wifeys pal got hit in a similarly disgusting way by an American. The one doing the 'dating' was coming to Chiang Mai to meet the Lady and was travelling with a 'friend'. On arrival she was waiting at the Airport and received a phone call from the arrivals hall to say that her 'love' had been stopped by immigration and because of problems with his passport he needed cash right away or he would get locked up for the night, so could she get 20,000 Baht quickly and he would send his 'friend' out to get it for him. She rushed to the ATM and withdrew the money without a second thought and was met by the 'friend' within two minutes. He vanished accordingly and she waited more than two hours before going to the desk to find that nobody with the name of her 'love' was on the flight that he was supposedly on. It is disgusting but sadly it happens often.

Oh what rubbish, what Thai girl hunting for Farangs on dating sites has a lazy 20-30k sitting in their bank account?

Think about it guys!

Oh what rubbish, what Thai girl hunting for Farangs on dating sites has a lazy 20-30k sitting in their bank account?

Think about it guys!

Guess you didn't read my post [38] I could start a dating service for over 30 Thai girls who drive BMWs. Thailand is just not poor bar girls. JIm
  • Like 2

Think about it guys!

Guess you didn't read my post [38] I could start a dating service for over 30 Thai girls who drive BMWs. Thailand is just not poor bar girls. JIm

Jim, you are soo right. Especially in Bangkok.

Sent from my GT-P7500 using Thaivisa Connect App