Manny Pacquiao V Timothy Bradley

Will Pacquiao - Mayweather ever happen?

Good question , but first he has to beat Bradley and this is no "walk in the park" by any means,IMHO and many good judges Juan Manuel Marquez beat Manny in his last fight , my prediction Bradley to win on points ,if Manny can't put him away in 5 rounds I think he'll run out of idea's and become frustrated like he did in his last fight even though he got the nodsmile.png .

http://www.fightnews.com/ Hi Baboon , obviously you are a "fight fan " you just have to put this on your favorites ,all the latest up to the minute news world wide , yeah I think it will be the "Matador V Bull " kind of fight ,if you look at "fight news" you will see its a ripper of an under card , unfortunately if its on Channel 3 you will only see the main event ,the PPV is 54$ so one must not complain too much eh thumbsup.gif Edited by Colin Yai

Brilliant undercard, too, looking forward to it. As for the main event, Pacquaio's team picked an undefeated, naturally lighter boxer with not much punching power, but I think Bradley can shock them. His speed is something different from Pacquaio's last few opponents.

• Like 1

Brilliant undercard, too, looking forward to it. As for the main event, Pacquaio's team picked an undefeated, naturally lighter boxer with not much punching power, but I think Bradley can shock them. His speed is something different from Pacquaio's last few opponents.

http://boxrec.com/li...68173&cat=boxer Hey Garrya, Bradley is hardly a "powerdpuff puncher" (ala Pauly Malignaggi) and his record is second to none ,Manny likes to come forward which will increase Bradleys punching power if he catches Manny coming in! and don't forget Bradly will not be "weight drained" come fight night which may add to his punching power wink.png Edited by Colin Yai

http://boxrec.com/li...68173&cat=boxer Hey Garrya, Bradley is hardly a "powerdpuff puncher" (ala Pauly Malignaggi) and his record is second to none ,Manny likes to come forward which will increase Bradleys punching power if he catches Manny coming in! and don't forget Bradly will not be "weight drained" come fight night which may add to his punching power wink.png

Yes, exactly. And the fight will depend on Manny's new religious mental constitution too. How much has his new lifestyle affected his preparation and how much has he been able to focus on this fight? Is he as sharp as before? Lately, I have seen a slight (or not just slight) decline in his sharpness.

I do hope Bradley can show some good resistance.

http://www.fightnews.com/ Hi Baboon , obviously you are a "fight fan " you just have to put this on your favorites ,all the latest up to the minute news world wide , yeah I think it will be the "Matador V Bull " kind of fight ,if you look at "fight news" you will see its a ripper of an under card , unfortunately if its on Channel 3 you will only see the main event ,the PPV is 54$ so one must not complain too much eh thumbsup.gif

Thanks for the heads up. My local cable company has several sports channels, so I reckon I will get to see the undercard as well - even if the commentary is in Manderin. Here`s to a good competetive morning of boxing! Is anyone brave enough to make a prediction?

http://www.fightnews.com/ Hi Baboon , obviously you are a "fight fan " you just have to put this on your favorites ,all the latest up to the minute news world wide , yeah I think it will be the "Matador V Bull " kind of fight ,if you look at "fight news" you will see its a ripper of an under card , unfortunately if its on Channel 3 you will only see the main event ,the PPV is 54$ so one must not complain too much eh thumbsup.gif

Thanks for the heads up. My local cable company has several sports channels, so I reckon I will get to see the undercard as well - even if the commentary is in Manderin. Here`s to a good competetive morning of boxing! Is anyone brave enough to make a prediction?

I already have ! Bradley on points thumbsup.gif

Unpredictable. biggrin.png Bradley on points, or he surprisingly ko's Manny by late rounds. thumbsup.gif

http://www.fightnews...710#more-117710 read this and lick your lips!!!!

Just read it. Man, am I looking foreward to Sunday!

Yeah Baboon you and all the rest of us "boxing buffs" , the way I see it Manny is great when his opponent "comes forward" ala Ricky Hatton and Antonio Margarito ,Bradley is a different kettle of fish entirely ,he's well schooled and knows exactly what to expect ,Manny will try and "blow him away" early and of course he may well succeed cos as you are aware it only takes one good punch for the "fight plan" to go out of the window , having said that has Manny got a "plan B"if his early onslaught fails? Going off the last fight with Marquez it would appear doubtful as his frustration was all too evident ,all in all this is a high risk fight for Manny so in this win ,lose or draw ,he has to be commended for it , personally I would not have took the fight and waited for Mayweather to come out of prison for IMHO the highest box office gate in the history of" the noble art"smile.png

Unpredictable. biggrin.png Bradley on points, or he surprisingly ko's Manny by late rounds. thumbsup.gif

Unpredictable is an understatement !, Manny will being swinging them in from the "bleachers" In the early rounds ,however as the last Marquez fight showed he can easily be countered ,and in my book Bradley has more skills , fascinating match up for sure ,but as stated in my post#17 I would have waited for one last mega money fight with Floyd ,then win ,lose or draw hung my gloves up , my opinion if Manny and Floyd got it together?, Mayweather would run rings round him as his defence is the best in boxing today ,ask Juan Manuel Marquez who refused a rematch thumbsup.gif

Yeah Baboon you and all the rest of us "boxing buffs" , the way I see it Manny is great when his opponent "comes forward" ala Ricky Hatton and Antonio Margarito ,Bradley is a different kettle of fish entirely ,he's well schooled and knows exactly what to expect ,Manny will try and "blow him away" early and of course he may well succeed cos as you are aware it only takes one good punch for the "fight plan" to go out of the window , having said that has Manny got a "plan B"if his early onslaught fails? Going off the last fight with Marquez it would appear doubtful as his frustration was all too evident ,all in all this is a high risk fight for Manny so in this win ,lose or draw ,he has to be commended for it , personally I would not have took the fight and waited for Mayweather to come out of prison for IMHO the highest box office gate in the history of" the noble art"smile.png

That is what I am wondering - if Pacquiao loses, how will it affect the chances of the Mayweather fight? We simply MUST see them in action. Colin: I have a feeling Manny will pull the rabbit out of the hat. It is a shame we Thaivisa boxing fans could not be watching together over a beer.... I remember Tyson v Holyfield I in Phuket. What a fantastic morning that was!

That is what I am wondering - if Pacquiao loses, how will it affect the chances of the Mayweather fight? We simply MUST see them in action. Colin: I have a feeling Manny will pull the rabbit out of the hat. It is a shame we Thaivisa boxing fans could not be watching together over a beer.... I remember Tyson v Holyfield I in Phuket. What a fantastic morning that was!

Yeah Baboon ,like I said it just takes one punch, to change the entire fight ,Kendall Holt put Bradley down with a left hand but could not keep him there ,personally although Holt can bang I would think Mannys left carrys more stopping power ,getting back to the Marquez fight Manny appeared to run out of idea's in the later rounds ,although he got the nod ,most including myself thought the decision a travesty ,there's no doubt Bradleys team will know exactly what to expect and I hardly think he will go toe to toe in the early rounds , all in all a fascinating match up ,if Manny lose's ?, IMHO the marketability of the fight with Mayweather will hit rock bottom ,who wants to watch a loser ?, as stated previously I would have waited for Floyd to come out of the pen , then started the usual ballyhoo for one last mega money fight ,it could still happen but only if he gets past Bradley in my view .wink.png

[media=]

[/media] As a prelude to watching the fight ,may I suggest you all watch this first ,in my view the best ever "pound for pound"smile.png ,it takes a minute or so to come on but its worth the wait!. theres a few parts to it so feast your eyes. Edited by Colin Yai

See this thread if you have a move satellite dish of any sort as it along with the Euro 2012 is free to view (of course)

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/541001-daily-satellite-tv-updates/page__st__150__gopid__5373743#entry5373743

Where it says for the fight ..

rctim.jpg

RCTI Presents: Live World Boxing

PACQUIAO VS BRADLEY

Sunday, June 10, 2012

9:30 WIB/Bangkok

10:30am HK/Manila

12:30pm Melbourne

SATELLITE: Palapa D C band

FREQ: 3774

POL: H

SR: 6520

VDO: to be free to view

Nice to see some real fight fans on one of these threads for a change!

Let’s hope this is not yet another yawn fest brought to you by Pacman and company. Both Pacman and Mayweather keep cherry picking opponents who are easy marks, either over the hill, light hitters, or have padded records. This guarantees an easy payday risk free, so that the value of any potential future fight between them goes up. What’s worse, Pacman has not been able to knock out his last 5 handpicked tomato cans…….now we have Bradley 12 knockouts in 28 fights, one knockout his last 11 fights…..this guy hits about as hard as my granny! We all saw from Lucian Bute’s dreadful performance that a padded undefeated record is quickly exposed at the top level

…..sorry not impressed, but for boxing fans sake let’s hope this guy is better than this appalling knockout ratio would indicate.

From CNN

"Tim Bradley, in almost every respect is a B-plus fighter but he has A-plus determination that makes him special," said Max Kellerman, a CNN contributor”

And what kind of guy hits guy in a wheel chair?

“Bradley got suspended in second grade for fighting. He got suspended in fourth grade for fighting. He once punched another kid a couple of times for nudging him -- with his wheelchair.”

Who could cheer for someone who hits a guy in a wheechair?

By the time Pacman and Mayweather meet, they will no longer be the best in the world, nor are they even now. However, this does not mean it will be an unexciting fight between them…the Ali-Frazier thrilla in Manila took place while both guys were on the downslope and was one of the greatest fights in history. Ali was 7-3 after the fight, while Frazier went into the fight 3-2 in his last five including being knocked down 6 times and destroyed by Foreman and finished his career with a knockout loss and a draw

2 final points, I agree the undercard looks good on paper, especially the Jones fight…this may be better than the main event

All fighters for all fights should be drug tested…..the Lamont Peterson case shows that there could be some fighters who are using banned substances, so all should be checked.

I hope am wrong though and the main event is exciting, it has been too long since there has been a decent fight. Fight fans deserve better than these overhyped but underperforming superfights.

Edited by tailspin

Nice post. I certainly agree with the last part. The boxing fans I know have pretty much written off the heavyweight division - could you imagine Klitchko or Valuev against the likes of Foreman, Frazier or Ken Norton? Even some of the stiffs of that generation would have given them a run for their money.

As for cheering guy who hit someone in a wheelchair - fair point, but Mayweather did not end up in prison for being the best behaved man on the planet. Sonny Liston was a bit of a dodgy character, too.

Not long to wait now...

This was the most disgusting and ludicrous decision I have ever seen. Absolutely scandalous. Even Bradley knew he lost.

Will I ever watch boxing again?????

dear oh ****ing dear..............................