Yingluck Likely To Skip Controversial Session Today

webfact

I my opinion, I do not really care where she is physically located.

In the parliament house or touring the flooded areas

Just want her to LEAD

A leader does not need to be physically present in the building to still be in charge

She just needs to come out and say this is what my team is doing and this is what I think and this how I am going to push parliament to implement my parties policies

As the PM she is the leader of her party and the leader of the parliament, not a helpless bystander just watching and claiming not to know anything or not being able to comment on anything ( as it is always some one else's responsibility)

So long as she is PM, the buck stops with her and it is her responsibility to know what is going on and to be the voice of her party and parliament and the main person in charge of pushing her party's agenda and being able to answer all questions about what her cabinet and party members are doing or trying to do

Edited by CWMcMurray

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I my opinion, I do not really care where she is physically located.

In the parliament house or touring the flooded areas

Just want her to LEAD

A leader does not need to be physically present in the building to still be in charge

She just needs to come out and say this is what my team is doing and this is what I think and this how I am going to push parliament to implement my parties policies

As the PM she is the leader of her party and the leader of the parliament, not a helpless bystander just watching and claiming not to know anything or not being able to comment on anything ( as it is always some one else's responsibility)

So long as she is PM, the buck stops with her and it is her responsibility to know what is going on and to be the voice of her party and parliament and the main person in charge of pushing her party's agenda and being able to answer all questions about what her cabinet and party members are doing or trying to do

While Thailand carries the level of impeachment opportunities for something as minimal as "serving" noodles I think she does well to negotiate the political tightrope very carefully, because as many have found to their cost, being voted into government is certainly no guarantee you will serve the term.

Well it looks like Yingluck has listened to the whingers on Tvisa and forgone the bill to help 'one man'.......in contrast going out to assist the people and flood victims, also check on the flood defence actions, as suggested.....so are the Tvisa whingers pleased?

Er no...they are now having a whinge that she is not present persuing the interests of one man....blink.pngcoffee1.gif

Ah ha, no wonder why you're head over heels with Yingluck and her administration... you obviously lack the ability to grasp the problem. So here let me explain it to you:

It's not about her supporting or not supporting the 'one man' at all. It's about her not being able to commit herself to anything other than running away from controversial issues. When was the last time you've heard her contribute to anything? I'd like to see her pursuing the interest of one man if she actually shows up to debate and take responsibility. So actually, by her going out to meet the flood victims furthers our disgust for her because she comes up with another excuse.

I'm glad Yingluck is Thaksin's sister and as clueless as she is. If she had at the very least, the brains and courage of Abhisit, Thaksin would probably be back by now. I'm saying at the very least because I know a lot of you think negatively of him. For someone who has an MPA (Masters of Public Administration) she hasn't show any of it. I still recall the first few weeks of her premiership where the media said Yingluck was tough and had a CEO style of leadership. Laughable.

Since it is from an African American college, she is on par with African Public Administration. Now where are those Burberry boots? She has to inspect the floods.

• Like 1

I guess life is appearing to be one long string of invitations for Yingluck, very difficult to refuse your adoring public.......fair play to her, let her ministers cope with the tantrums of the democrats inside and outside Parliament

I guess life is appearing to be one long string of invitations for Yingluck, very difficult to refuse your adoring public.......fair play to her, let her ministers cope with the tantrums of the democrats inside and outside Parliament

Perhaps you should familiarise yourself with the duties and responsibilities of an MP and of a PM under the Westminster system of representative government.

This is from the Canadian site

Role of Prime Minister in Parliament

The prime minister and cabinet members have seats in Parliament (with occasional exceptions) and lead and direct Parliament's activities and its legislative agenda. The prime minister in Canada must retain the confidence of the majority of the members in the House of Commons or resign and seek a dissolution of Parliament to have the conflict resolved by an election.

Due to time constraints, the prime minister participates in only the most important debates in the House of Commons, such as the debate on the Speech from the Throne and debates on contentious legislation. However, the prime minister does defend the government and its policies in the daily Question Period in the House of Commons.

From India

The Prime Minister, in consultation with the Cabinet, schedules and attends the sessions of the Houses of Parliament and is required to answer the question from the Members of Parliament to them as the in-charge of the portfolios in the capacity as Prime Minister of India.

You might note a common thread - attend parliament, answer questions. The BS you think is important occurs when parliament is NOT in session.

Perhaps you should familiarise yourself with the duties and responsibilities of an MP and of a PM under the Westminster system of representative government.

The prime minister and cabinet members have seats in Parliament (with occasional exceptions) and lead and direct Parliament's activities and its legislative agenda. The prime minister in Canada must retain the confidence of the majority of the members in the House of Commons or resign and seek a dissolution of Parliament to have the conflict resolved by an election.

Due to time constraints, the prime minister participates in only the most important debates in the House of Commons, such as the debate on the Speech from the Throne and debates on contentious legislation. However, the prime minister does defend the government and its policies in the daily Question Period in the House of Commons.

From India

The Prime Minister, in consultation with the Cabinet, schedules and attends the sessions of the Houses of Parliament and is required to answer the question from the Members of Parliament to them as the in-charge of the portfolios in the capacity as Prime Minister of India.

You might note a common thread - attend parliament, answer questions. The BS you think is important occurs when parliament is NOT in session.

" Due to time constraints, the prime minister participates in only the most important debates in the House of Commons"

Anything else you would like to point out? I guess it depends on your priorities, as I said hard to ignore your adoring public

Worst PM the world has ever seen...

Hardly.

ASSK acheived far more good in opposition that Yingluck could ever hope to acheive with a majority coalition - why? Because the policies are all in the name of one family.

From India

A British style Prime Minister's Questions session in the Thai parliament might be fun.

It's often the highlight of the week in Westminster!

From India

A British style Prime Minister's Questions session in the Thai parliament might be fun.

It's often the highlight of the week in Westminster!

I actually think that would be a brilliant idea. Who do think Yingluck would nominate in her place?

Nattawut is a professional speaker. So maybe him if he could be held on the leash long enough :ph34r:

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Thaivisa Connect App

Edited by thaicbr

From India

" Due to time constraints, the prime minister participates in only the most important debates in the House of Commons"

Anything else you would like to point out? I guess it depends on your priorities, as I said hard to ignore your adoring public

And I would suggest that the Reconciliation Bill and Constitutional Change and Amendments fall squarely in to 'the most important' category.

It'll be fascinating to see what new wardrobe and hair style she will display during her busy time today.

What busy schedule? If she has one activity all day, she thinks she's busy. Excuses to get out of everything. Most poor excuse of a Prime Minister in history (and most unqualified as well).

Well it looks like Yingluck has listened to the whingers on Tvisa and forgone the bill to help 'one man'.......in contrast going out to assist the people and flood victims, also check on the flood defence actions, as suggested.....so are the Tvisa whingers pleased?

Er no...they are now having a whinge that she is not present persuing the interests of one man....blink.pngcoffee1.gif

Ah ha, no wonder why you're head over heels with Yingluck and her administration... you obviously lack the ability to grasp the problem. So here let me explain it to you:

It's not about her supporting or not supporting the 'one man' at all. It's about her not being able to commit herself to anything other than running away from controversial issues. When was the last time you've heard her contribute to anything? I'd like to see her pursuing the interest of one man if she actually shows up to debate and take responsibility. So actually, by her going out to meet the flood victims furthers our disgust for her because she comes up with another excuse.

I'm glad Yingluck is Thaksin's sister and as clueless as she is. If she had at the very least, the brains and courage of Abhisit, Thaksin would probably be back by now. I'm saying at the very least because I know a lot of you think negatively of him. For someone who has an MPA (Masters of Public Administration) she hasn't show any of it. I still recall the first few weeks of her premiership where the media said Yingluck was tough and had a CEO style of leadership. Laughable.

Usual useless flawed logic, if her presence in parliament will make no difference, why not check the important anti flood progress, after all when the dams are full and the rain comes it is too late........perhaps Abhisit should have taken more interest and released a sensible amount of water early in the year, then we may not have endured the floods at all, it would appear it was not I that had the inability to grasp the problem.

Again it goes right over your head doesn't it? I never stated in my post that her presence in parliament will make no difference did I? On the contrary, I suggest that her presence and participation in parliament is very important. I for one, seem to think that a PM's position and Parliament sessions go very well hand in hand, wouldn't you agree?

Because the fact that up until now, her dodging of anything controversial makes her useless shouldn't be mistaken with the presence of a PM being useless. If she's there and participates, I'll start to look her in a better light. I wouldn't hold my breath though. About Abhisit not releasing the water early enough... do you believe he released the crocodiles too?

Again it goes right over your head doesn't it? I never stated in my post that her presence in parliament will make no difference did I? On the contrary, I suggest that her presence and participation in parliament is very important. I for one, seem to think that a PM's position and Parliament sessions go very well hand in hand, wouldn't you agree?

Because the fact that up until now, her dodging of anything controversial makes her useless shouldn't be mistaken with the presence of a PM being useless. If she's there and participates, I'll start to look her in a better light. I wouldn't hold my breath though. About Abhisit not releasing the water early enough... do you believe he released the crocodiles too?

If you think there is a possibility Abhisit released the crocodiles....there is no hope......

Do you understand a modus operandi....have you read all my posts on the topic...do you understand why Yingluck maybe very worried about impeachment, can you understand why?......don't fall for the crocodile tears of the opposition.....they are pissed because she is not supplying them with a method of governing by default...but like the crocodiles you mention they lurk and they wait for the chance

If you think there is a possibility Abhisit released the crocodiles....there is no hope......

Do you understand a modus operandi....have you read all my posts on the topic...do you understand why Yingluck maybe very worried about impeachment, can you understand why?......don't fall for the crocodile tears of the opposition.....they are pissed because she is not supplying them with a method of governing by default...but like the crocodiles you mention they lurk and they wait for the chance

*Sigh* Yea I truly believe Abhisit released the crocodiles, just like several thousand red-shirts and that Abhisit intentionally held the water in to drown citizens of Thailand. Calling me a fool would be calling many many Red shirt supporters the same. Tsk tsk.

Of course I understand very well why Yingluck is steering clear fom the issues and that she's worried about the impeachment. Only crooks are worried about impeachment. Whenever shit hits the fan she can play the "I don't know" card and cannot be held responsible for any controversies. Conflict of interest? You bet. Just because she's covering her ass does not mean she's smart, she's being sly, which I believe are two very different qualities.

• Like 1