January 26, 200422 yr I keep seeing all this stuff about ADSL all over Thailand yet where my WIfe comes from (NE Thailand) we have been waiting nearly 2 years just to get a land line and there is a payphone just down the road with spare capacity? I don't understand it they haven't even come out to look at it yet. I contacted TAT in BKK but they said I would have to deal with the local office and I can't find anyone there that speaks English - no win situation - TAT in BKK speak English but don't cover the area where my Wife lives? HH - Annoyed with the slow response of TAT
January 27, 200422 yr Silly questoin have you had your wife or friend call them? Or you should go down to the office and use the custom hand shake with a 500 baht note in it.
January 27, 200422 yr TOT takes care of telephones. TAT takes care of tourists. Don't know your situation but in the past there just has not been any available lines unless you buy one from someone else. If you really need a line it might be worth asking officials if they know of any for sale. FYI: it used to take years even here in Bangkok to get a line so your problem is not new.
January 27, 200422 yr We had the same problem, 1 village, 1 phone. It turned out that the village headman had financial problems and so I bought his phone from him. Noisy line and dodgy internet but at least I can get connected. Im going to install a satelite in a couple of months.Have your wife ask around ?
January 27, 200422 yr Umm, unless you have full Tx/Rx from the sattelite, you will still be bound by sending your requests via terrestrial ISP and on the noisy line. I have the same problem in and I am very interested in how you go.
February 4, 200422 yr Cambodian solution If you are registered with the New York Times you could try the link above. Basically in Cambodia they are using WiFi-equipped motorbikes to collect email and deliver it to schools around the country. A bit like a modern-day version of the pony express. No need for wires!
Create an account or sign in to comment