Mass Cheating Discovered In Enrollment Exams For Police Academy In Si Sa Ket

webfact

The culture here starts cheating here at a young age in school, on through University, followed by other forms of corruption. Is anybody surprised why they cheat on job and civil service exams? I doubt it. Break the written laws? No Problem, just don't get caught. That seems to be standard thinking here.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's the thing. Was anyone here surprised?

Would anyone here be surprised that it happens in every police enrollment?

Not only police departments, also businesses, hospitals, school teachers, and....... I know of a U president who has one of the biggest fanciest house in the province. Do you think he got that via a salary? Also, in the suburbs of this northern Thai city where I reside, you point at any of the thirty hills in the area, and the locals will say, "oh yes, a policeman owns that hill."

Paying big money for promotions in so endemic in Thailand, that all but a few Thais think it's as natural as taking shoes off before entering a house.

affirmative TIT

My late mother in law was into this in the 80's - but she would often get ripped off when she bought the exam answers - sometimes she bought the wrong answers (maybe last year's answers were cheaper!). In Pakkret, 100's if not 1000's of police candidates in the late 80's paid her for the 'special tutoring' - they used to come one after another to her house bringing gifts in envelopes or newspaper. She dressed well and had plenty of gold - her estate was bare when she died though.

One of the times when she bought the wrong answers some of the candidates came back for their money as they had to wait another 3 months before sitting the exam again! I don't recall if she had the cash for refunds - but she moved house quickly (overnight) to Ram Indra KM 8 somewhere!!! Funny thing though, her eldest daughter (Poom) was involved in the same thing in Bangkapi until 2 years ago when she upset the wrong people - she is living somewhere in Isarn now in a small room behind a temple - broke and in fear for her life.

Kharma.

The culture here starts cheating here at a young age in school, on through University, followed by other forms of corruption. Is anybody surprised why they cheat on job and civil service exams? I doubt it. Break the written laws? No Problem, just don't get caught. That seems to be standard thinking here.

not in fact , cos 98% of the time another bribe is suffice to cover up the original one,......and so it goes on........and on...

In today's Bangkok Post 95 exam applicants were also identified in Chon Buri. The article went on to say that all exam cheats will be barred from re-applying for Royal Thai Police or any Civil Service job

A pic in yesterday's Thairath of some of the arrested applicants and the concealed electronic transmitters from the Chonburi arrests:

rlawpf.jpg

http://www.thairath....ewspaper/267329

Scambags.

Broke for sure, most now in debt, unemployed and possibly unemployable, pilloried, put on display, named and shamed.

Ironically maybe some part of the law is working when aspiring coppers bribe existing coppers to be coppers!!!

Too stupid to be policemen. It doesn't get much worse than that.

• Like 1

i wonder if they do the same for teacher exams, doctors, nurses and others

Wouldn't surprise me one iota (...and I mentioned that specifically in an earlier post). Prior knowledge of Q&A is probably rife with bureaucrat exams also. Simple solution: test givers adjust the questions and answers a day before test time, without telling test takers. However, not easy, in a country where secrets are difficult to keep (that's why sting operations don't work in Thailand).

Two added things come to mind: when my hill tribe friend got her Thai ID card, it cost Bt.50,000 - most or all of that went in to the pocket of the bureaucrat who was assigned her case.

When T was PM, there was a story going around that his daughter was afraid she was not going to pass an exam which would have enabled her to go to a particular U which had special media courses. The headline news, at that time, was the seal for the exams had been tampered with, just prior to exam day (an exam had been pilfered nor copied). Not surprisingly, no further repercussions ensued. At that time, the PM was not a person you wanted to cross.

In today's Bangkok Post 95 exam applicants were also identified in Chon Buri. The article went on to say that all exam cheats will be barred from re-applying for Royal Thai Police or any Civil Service job

Unless they pay tea money?

Some of the questions on the exam:

>>>> When stopping motorcyclists to give tickets for no registration, you should only stop...

A. pretty college girls, and get their phone numbers

B. pretty university girls, and get their phone numbers

C. pretty high school girls, and get their phone numbers

>>>> When assigned to fight crime, you should.....

A. walk one block east of station to issue parking tickets

B. walk one block west of station to issue parking tickets

C. walk one block north of station to issue parking tickets

>>>> When done issuing parking tickets, you should .....

A. play checkers

B. watch TV

C. play games on mobile phone

When Red Shirts riot in Bangkok, and you're assigned to maintain order, you should....

A. laugh at the captain, and continue playing with your mobile phone

B. stand in front of station, and pretend to be doing riot control

C. turn on TV to see what Thaksin tells you to do

<deleted> that is a hard exam,

#1 Is missing

D. All of the above.

#2 Is missing

D. None of the above.

#3 Is missing

D. Drink whiskey.

#4 Is missing

D. Offer a beautiful Thai Actress your phone number if they feel unsafe.

• Like 1

What I found astounding was the last bit of the report

"An applicant who showed up late at an exam venue was searched by police who found a signal circuit hidden in his underpants."

You turn up late to take an exam and the police do a full body search including inside your underwear?

Why ?

It is a bit scary when you consider that there are registered police officers out there who paid for someone else to take the exam for them, these officers probably have no idea what is written in the law they are paid to enforce, no wonder so many people in the general population show absolutely respect for the law or the law enforcers, and no wonder so many of the police officers enforce the law of highest denomination.

Some of the questions on the exam:

>>>> When stopping motorcyclists to give tickets for no registration, you should only stop...

A. pretty college girls, and get their phone numbers

B. pretty university girls, and get their phone numbers

C. pretty high school girls, and get their phone numbers

>>>> When assigned to fight crime, you should.....

A. walk one block east of station to issue parking tickets

B. walk one block west of station to issue parking tickets

C. walk one block north of station to issue parking tickets

>>>> When done issuing parking tickets, you should .....

A. play checkers

B. watch TV

C. play games on mobile phone

When Red Shirts riot in Bangkok, and you're assigned to maintain order, you should....

A. laugh at the captain, and continue playing with your mobile phone

B. stand in front of station, and pretend to be doing riot control

C. turn on TV to see what Thaksin tells you to do

<deleted> that is a hard exam,

The only thing I see wrong with it is they don't allow them to take it home o work on it.whistling.gif

So what else is new, since all youngsters in their 20's voted that corruption was fine, do we expect anything else. What is the Academy anyway, how to shake down farangs for lunch money??cheesy.gif

And Thais