Average Payment For It Consultant In Bangkok

Hello,

I have a degree in Software Engineer and 2 years experience as Integration Software Consultant in UK using the integration Tool (Webmethods from SoftwareAG)

Does anyone have idea what is the average of the payments for this type of job or any Computer Software related job for Juniors?

Thanks for any information,

Regards,

Andre

The point is not about the money, but I want to live in bangkok for one year while i'm young, single, detached to major responsibilities, I enjoyed a lot when I was there in Holidays.

Actually my initial plan was to stay one year traveling around and do small free-lancer stuff trough internet to earn some money, but with this I would not get visa for one year, but someone answered on the Visa doubts section a suggestion to avoid that 90 limitation day that I might use.

don't expect more than 35,000 to 50,000 THB per month. Cheers and good luck

Before taxes.

Silly idea to work here as a young professional, when you can make 10 fold and more in the West.

Sort out your career and then maybe get sent to BKK as a project leader/manager who is able to see a project through from inception to conclusion.

The point is not about the money, but I want to live in bangkok for one year while i'm young, single, detached to major responsibilities, I enjoyed a lot when I was there in Holidays.

Actually my initial plan was to stay one year traveling around and do small free-lancer stuff trough internet to earn some money, but with this I would not get visa for one year, but someone answered on the Visa doubts section a suggestion to avoid that 90 limitation day that I might use.

35K will NOT buy much of what you're looking for, after expenses.

Actually I think you should be able to get more than 50K a month. I was, until last year, working at a Thai company supervising implementation and ongoing use of an ERP software, making about 60K net. And that wasn't working 5 days/week, else I would have gotten around 80K before deductions.

If you can find a bigger company, where the software integration is to happen, you likely get more than in a plain software company. That s/w company would send you out or have you work on a project, where they might charge 60-80K a motnh and then they want to have their cut from that, leaving you with the said 35-50K. Actually, below 50K you can't get a work permit (as a Western European), so you can always claim that you need at least that much to be able to work officially. Working w/o a permit bears a certain risk, and if found out you might get blacklisted as persona-non-grata in Thailand.

Finding a job in Thailand is pretty difficult, finding a good/well-paid job is even mroe difficult, but nevertheless, good luck

Sam