PM Yingluck Promises No Severe Flooding In Thailand In 2012

webfact

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who is Yingluck? God?

Nobody can promise tin will not be raining for the next three weeks. if she can make such promises she can receive a job offer from the US embassy to serve in their army of missionaries.

Perhaps if you and the yingluck bashing bandwagon of several of the posters above read the OP clearly you will know what she meant:

"The prime minister has assured the public that the government will not allow the repeat of last year’s flood crisis in 2012".

She hasn't said there will be no floods or flooding, she is saying it will not be a crisis like last year because different measures are in place or being put into place to minimise the effects of the floods or flooding this year.

But that's not what you want to hear is it?

Glad your back, I was missing you defending her.

By the way, wouldn't it be better if you were not needed? There must be something that's not right if you have to defend her day after day.

Maybe she isn't that clear and logical in her speaking.

Bit of a no brainer really.

Last year it had rained up here every day since the beginning of March until almost October when it was compounded by 3 huge typhoons coming in quick succession.The ground was sodden,reservoirs overflowing and water management negligible,the recipe for disaster that happened.

Nothing like the same scenario this year.

PM ON TOUR

Yingluck continues third day of flood inspection

30184074-01_big.jpg

Photo : Vorawit Pumpuang

NAKHON SAWAN: -- Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra on Wednesday continued on the third day of her flood trail excursion scheduled to inspect flood prevention measures in Nakhon Sawan, Phitsanulok and Sukhothai.

The premier stayed overnight in Chai Nat and began the day by giving alms to 60 monks in a ceremony to mark the 110th anniversary of the Royal Irrigation Department at the Chao Phraya Dam office in Chai Nat.

She was briefed by ministers responsible for flood response and also chair a videoconference meeting with governors in the central region

Later, Yingluck will move on to inspect Bueng Boraphet in Nakhon Sawan, the largest freshwater swamp and lake in central Thailand. She will also visit the flood prevention dykes in Pak Nam Pho sub-district.

After that the premier will move on to Phitsanulok’s Bang Rakam district to view a water retention area, before visiting Sukhothai to inspect the Ban Hat Sapan Chan and the Khlong Hok Bat sluice gates which divert water from the Yom River to the Nan River.

The premier and her entourage will later visit Tak, staying overnight at the Bhumibol Dam.

Yingluck is on a four-day flood trail survey of eight provinces, covering areas from downstream upstream to the north, to inspect the progress of flood prevention measures.

She earlier visited Pathum Thani, Ayutthaya, Sing Buri and Chai Nat. After Tak, she will take a helicopter to Chiang Mai to inspect dredging of the Ping River and be briefed on the overall progress of flood response preparedness in upstream, midstream to downstream areas.

She will return to Bangkok on Thursday.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2012-06-13

footer_n.gif

To be fair, other than the headline saying she 'promised', there are no direct quotes from her saying this, which you would expect if she actually did say that. What it says in the article is that the Governement are doing this and trying to do that and will do there best to minimize any flooding which is pretty much all you can do when you could have unprecedented levels of rainfall or any other natural event which is outside of human control.

If she really did promise that there would be no severe flooding, she needs to have her head checked, otherwise i just think that is a sensationalist headline.

Another masterpiece of Thai journalism:

“PM Yingluck promised no severe flooding in Thailand in 2012”

“CHAINAT, 13 June 2012 (NNT) – The prime minister has assured the public that the government will not allow the repeat of last year’s flood crisis in 2012.”

So what exactly did she promise? There will be no flood? Or, there will be no crisis as a result of floods?

Besides stern warnings from international meteorologists and a la Nina period she could not predict the weather last year and now she can…

Experts have a little different opinion:

http://www.thailandfloodmold.com/bigger_2012_flooding.htm

My crystal ball shows a Lady in Burberry boots talking to an angry crowd from a boat cruising through the streets of Bangkok in Aug/Sept.

Who is Yingluck? God?

Nobody can promise tin will not be raining for the next three weeks. if she can make such promises she can receive a job offer from the US embassy to serve in their army of missionaries.

Perhaps if you and the yingluck bashing bandwagon of several of the posters above read the OP clearly you will know what she meant:

"The prime minister has assured the public that the government will not allow the repeat of last year’s flood crisis in 2012".

She hasn't said there will be no floods or flooding, she is saying it will not be a crisis like last year because different measures are in place or being put into place to minimise the effects of the floods or flooding this year.

Aah ok. Thanks for the clarification. So the message was: There might be flooding but not as severe as last year. So instead of having 20% of the country flooded, it could be 15%. BTW, what did her campaign poster say?

Edited by Nickymaster

Who is Yingluck? God?

Different measures? Such as Imperial instead of Metric? Feet instead of meters? gallons instead of megaliters? biggrin.png

Edited by Reasonableman

I would like to know her IQ

IQ, I'm not sure, but she can probably express herself using more than 5 - 10 word sentences in her own language.

Even she uses a thousand words in English, it is very difficult to understand what she is talking about. Don't know if it's the language or just uuhh IQ or knowledge or something.. But I noticed that having spent some time in GoGo bars, it makes it easier to understand atleast something of what she is saying.

• Like 1

Come on everyone, have faith in Miss Yingluck.

She is not only the Prime Minister she will very likely shortly become the Defence Minister as well.

So surely you can trust her to sort out the drains?

"Government will not allow flooding this year? No megalomaniacs in this regime...

Come on everyone, have faith in Miss Yingluck.

She is not only the Prime Minister she will very likely shortly become the Defence Minister as well.

So surely you can trust her to sort out the drains?

"Government will not allow flooding this year? No megalomaniacs in this regime...

This regime probably won't allow global warming either, (not that there is such a thing, according to the flat earth people, and big industrial polluters).

IQ, I'm not sure, but she can probably express herself using more than 5 - 10 word sentences in her own language.

Even she uses a thousand words in English, it is very difficult to understand what she is talking about. Don't know if it's the language or just uuhh IQ or knowledge or something.. But I noticed that having spent some time in GoGo bars, it makes it easier to understand atleast something of what she is saying.

No, you're right, as an ex issaan gogo dancer shes so thick that she really thinks she can stop it raining. The only reason the stupid lazy drunken layabouts voted for her was so that would happen. Then they could have 5 or 6 crops of rice a year and makes loads of money, except they couldn't because they spend all the time down in bangkok shooting shoppers and burning down their cathedrals, when they're not reducing the local expat foreigners to frothing rage at their exploits. Happy now?

CHAINAT, 13 June 2012 (NNT) – The prime minister has assured the public that the government will not allow the repeat of last year's flood crisis in 2012.

I guess all those billions spent and especially the attention our PM has given to the problem have born fruit. Only four months ago we had

BANGKOK, 11 February 2012 (NNT) - Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra has conceded Thai people may have to face a new round of floods this year but confirmed the government would try its best to handle the problem.

In her Saturday talk show, PM Yingluck has admitted that severe flooding may recur and participation from all related bodies is crucial to ease the situation.

http://www.thaivisa....kely-this-year/

PM ON TOUR

30184074-01_big.jpg

Captions please...

"Well minister Plopadop, if you put the nuclear powered tug boats here and turn their propellors very quickly.....We will not have severe floods"

Edited by Soutpeel
  • Like 1

PM ON TOUR

30184074-01_big.jpg

Captions please...

"Well minister Plopadop, if you put the nuclear powered tug boats here and turn their propellors very quickly.....We will not have severe floods"

No, no boats this year, we're going to use a billion Starbucks grande cups to drain the floodwater this time. rolleyes.gif

Edited by Payboy

until almost October when it was compounded by 3 huge typhoons coming in quick succession.

3 huge tyhoons hit Thailand last year in quick sucession ?.....I must have been a asleep when that occured then....blink.png

Did you miss the volcanic eruption as well?

until almost October when it was compounded by 3 huge typhoons coming in quick succession.

3 huge tyhoons hit Thailand last year in quick sucession ?.....I must have been a asleep when that occured then....blink.png

Heyyyy, you got a hidden cam in my bedroom? annoyed.gif

• Like 1

I guess you were.

Two of them were called

,can't remember the other one.

They normally go north from the China Sea up from the Philippines in to China, these 3 in Sept/ Oct cut across Vietnam ,Laos and dumped huge amounts of rain across the mountains in northern Thailand which added to the already huge amounts of potential floodwater-you know the rest.

Edited by Thailand

I must have...... where did it occur in Isaan ?

No, you're right, as an ex issaan gogo dancer shes so thick that she really thinks she can stop it raining. The only reason the stupid lazy drunken layabouts voted for her was so that would happen. Then they could have 5 or 6 crops of rice a year and makes loads of money, except they couldn't because they spend all the time down in bangkok shooting shoppers and burning down their cathedrals, when they're not reducing the local expat foreigners to frothing rage at their exploits. Happy now?

Me happy now? I hope you are happy with your post, you wrote it, not me.

PM ON TOUR

30184074-01_big.jpg

Captions please...

No, no boats this year, we're going to use a billion Starbucks grande cups to drain the floodwater this time. rolleyes.gif

"And which side of the river is it the yellow shirts live?

Me happy now? I hope you are happy with your post, you wrote it, not me.

Just wanted to make sure it was pitched at the right level so yes, I'm happy.

PM ON TOUR

30184074-01_big.jpg

Captions please...

"And which side of the river is it the yellow shirts live?

Possibly the side with more intelligence, independent thought, and compassion?

• Like 1

Evidence please.

I can assure you that i can express my self using more than 5-10 words in my own language.

I could respond to that post in 2.