What Made You Happy Today?

pattayadingo

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Receiving just over a thousand flowers and offerings for 'Wai Kru' (Teacher's Day) from my students. (I teach 1200 students each week)

The students obviously took part in the official ceremony but majority of the students took time out of their day to come and see me and say thank you. smile.png It was very overwhelming. smile.png

Nice one Ajarn!

My lad was off sick yesterday so missed the instruction that 'Thursday casual' wear was canceled for Wai Kru day. Watching him, all of 4 years and 3 months old giving Mrs NL stick for not having him dressed like the other kids was funny. Having to do a 30 minute race to the house and back in morning traffic so he could change his shirt and save face (they start young don't they?) wasn't so funny but seeing him happily join his classmates one hour late but sartorially correct made us both smile again.

My lad was off sick yesterday so missed the instruction that 'Thursday casual' wear was canceled for Wai Kru day. Watching him, all of 4 years and 3 months old giving Mrs NL stick for not having him dressed like the other kids was funny. Having to do a 30 minute race to the house and back in morning traffic so he could change his shirt and save face (they start young don't they?) wasn't so funny but seeing him happily join his classmates one hour late but sartorially correct made us both smile again.

Oh fitting in sure is important at that age, none of this individuality rebellion for at least another four or five years, and then only if mum and dad are conventional. If the parents are non-conformist then the kid rebels by going all mainstream on them; whatever will drive the 'rents nuts that's all.

Oh fitting in sure is important at that age, none of this individuality rebellion for at least another four or five years, and then only if mum and dad are conventional. If the parents are non-conformist then the kid rebels by going all mainstream on them; whatever will drive the 'rents nuts that's all.

Thanks for the heads-up. My father was a police officer but I was the only 15 year-old at the academy with a Harris Tweed jacket in lieu of the mandatory blazer, Levi jeans, sneakers and a pony tail half way down my back. I also smoked 'Camels'... none of that 'Embassy Regal' <deleted> for me and 'Passing Clouds' were for the juniors... and Irene Clark in the 5th grade boys locker room. Hopefully he will be a chip off the old block and get laid by his big-titted Biology teacher when he turns 16 as well.

Thanks for the heads-up. My father was a police officer but I was the only 15 year-old at the academy with a Harris Tweed jacket in lieu of the mandatory blazer, Levi jeans, sneakers and a pony tail half way down my back. I also smoked 'Camels'... none of that 'Embassy Regal' <deleted> for me and 'Passing Clouds' were for the juniors... and Irene Clark in the 5th grade boys locker room. Hopefully he will be a chip off the old block and get laid by his big-titted Biology teacher when he turns 16 as well.

More likely a zero-tolerance "straight edge" just-say-no health freak who advocates celibacy 8-)

Receiving just over a thousand flowers and offerings for 'Wai Kru' (Teacher's Day) from my students. (I teach 1200 students each week)

The students obviously took part in the official ceremony but majority of the students took time out of their day to come and see me and say thank you. smile.png It was very overwhelming. smile.png

Nice one Ajarn!

Great smile.png You really have to love children for what they bring to our lives.

Same here. Some of my ex-students who I taught 3yrs ago before they moved on to Matayom came back to give me flowers, wish me good luck/health and thank me for teaching them. Nice!

The sense of achievement of being able to build a new computer desk for my wife while trying to follow the instructions that came with the flat-pack. The fact that I drilled the holes that were meant to be there anyway in the correct places and everything fitted at the end, even the drawer and the lock.

The sweet look of astonishment on my wife's face, as she fell of the computer chair that I had to build also, but apparently not to the same high standards as the desk..................whistling.gif

Last time I do that; if they don't arrive built, they stay in the box! BTW, we did have a laugh about it as we both saw the funny side (me probably more than her) biggrin.png

• Like 2

Happy today...

A bacon an egg sandwich with HP sauce and a cup of yorkshire tea.... food of the gods

And there's me just found a slab of Ayrshire bacon in the freezer and located the Branston's Fruity Sauce. I also have my stash of Numbarrie teabags and brown loaf so just sent Mrs NL off to the 7-eleven for some cackleberrys.

The Scottish Gods aren't too sloppy either!

More likely a zero-tolerance "straight edge" just-say-no health freak who advocates celibacy 8-)

As long as he doesn't make a habit of wearing Mrs NL's shoes and messing with her makeup....

as I described in another thread I went to the market with my 9 y.o. niece this afternoon and it was grand...we got some ice cream and per usual she unwrapped it and offered me the first bite...she doesn't realise how much I love her and that doesn't hurt...

the 15 y.o. niece just came in and wanted 40 baht for some khanom and she is getting big (the two nieces have been living with us for a long time) and I looked at her backside and her nice hair and wondered: 'will she stay in school or will she run off?' but she is a serious girl and I have confidence and do not expect to be disappointed...

and then the 2 y.o. nephew Phed (who I call 'Bubba' as he is a terror) comes toddling up and wants to be picked up and then his mum comes to attend and gives me look: 'I know that I am 40 years younger but if this was a different life, then etc, etc...' so that I am revealed as a still vital man even though I haven't had sex in 6 years...

simple pleasures...

Edited by tutsiwarrior

as I described in another thread I went to the market with my 9 y.o. niece this afternoon and it was grand...we got some ice cream and per usual she unwrapped it and offered me the first bite...she doesn't realise how much I love her and that doesn't hurt...

the 15 y.o. niece just came in and wanted 40 baht for some khanom and she is getting big (the two nieces have been living with us for a long time) and I looked at her backside and her nice hair and wondered: 'will she stay in school or will she run off?' but she is a serious girl and I have confidence and do not expect to be disappointed...

and then the 2 y.o. nephew Phed (who I call 'Bubba' as he is a terror) comes toddling up and wants to be picked up and then his mum comes to attend and gives me look: 'I know that I am 40 years younger but if this was a different life, then etc, etc...' so that I am revealed as a still vital man even though I haven't had sex in 6 years...

simple pleasures...

Simple pleasures.... Yeah. They can be so good :)

Maybe that is what some people here are missing out on.

Sitting outside on several nights in the village with a beer in hand, some family members there too and watching the moon rise over the coconut trees. The children playing on the new patio instead of the mud and soil, their laughter and their happiness. Then seeing my first fireflies dancing around in the bushes. That was great too.

Maybe some need to stop raging against the world and see those simple pleasures :)