Brasserie 45. Closed?

Awk

Same here. I've been about 9 times to the new place and most of the time there is only 2 backpackers sitting in there having a coke. A couple of times there was a 3 or 4 pc. band playing to an empty club and they were not very good. Other times only canned music. The night that Chai's Blues played was fantastic however! I've asked the kid who works there if there is any schedule, or any place on-line to see who will be playing when and so forth. Every time the kid just says "mai ruu". A couple of times I ordered a beer, had to wait 10 minutes for it to come when I was the only person there! Then I had to wait another 10 minutes for someone to come out to pay for the beer.

The old Brasserie was loosely run too, but at least you knew that if you showed up around 23:00ish there would be some live music. It was also easy to buy drinks as there was always someone at the bar.

I agree, without some kind of schedule or advertising people won't bother to go. It's so dangerous to drive here at night and when I come all the way from my house in to the city and find the place empty, it's really a disappointment.

• 8 months later...

I'm here since 4 days and spent almost every night in the new Brasserie.

For me its same good like in the old Brasserie.

I really enjoyed it like all the years in the past.

There are two fantastic Bands playing.

They change around 11PM.

Took is mostly there and Jams from time to time with the Bands.

I think its like before, he often starts playing very late. Around 11:30 PM or later.

The only difference: In the old Brasserie it was not allowed to make Videos (or only one).

Now Took gave his OK and so I came every night with my Camcorder

La Grange:

The Thrill is gone:

Purple Rain (withoutTook):

Mary had a little lamb (without Took):

Comfortably Numb

Killing Floor:

I will upload some more Videos in the same Youtube Channel "MoesiTV".

Here again the map:
https://maps.google.com/maps?q=18.79272,98.993852&ll=18.792695,98.993825&spn=0.002151,0.004128&num=1&t=m&z=19&iwloc=near

or in Facebook: Facebook: "Brasserie Chiangmai"

Regards, Stefan

Edited by Moesi66

Really hope they can get their sh!te together soon and bring the Brasserie back to its former glory, it really has been a dissapointment for a long while.

man, even when it was in the old location the service was outrageously BAD.... maybe Tok is continuing the practice of not paying his staff. whistling.gif

I'm here since 4 days and spent almost every night in the new Brasserie.

For me its same good like in the old Brasserie.

I really enjoyed it like all the years in the past.

There are two fantastic Bands playing.

They change around 11PM.

Took is mostly there and Jams from time to time with the Bands.

I think its like before, he often starts playing very late. Around 11:30 PM or later.

The only difference: In the old Brasserie it was not allowed to make Videos (or only one).

Now Took gave his OK and so I came every night with my Camcorder

We will definitely try to find a way to stay up late and see Took, Mai Blues and I think I recognize that drummer. I don't know the other two guys that I saw on the vid. Thank you for the information and the videos.