Starting My Search For Air Fares For Next March - What Sites Do You Use?

rmicheald

I alternate between Expedia and Orbitz. That serves as a sanity check on prices. However, the last three trips I used EVA air's own website because I flew Premier Elite class and got the bigger seats. I am pretty much spoiled now and I will likely continue flying that class.

• Like 1

This might be a good place to start

Airline Information And Flight Deals For Expats

Thanks! Almost all the major search engines are in this thread, along with some good info.

I'd recommend using Kayak's alert system. Setup an alert for your desired dates and it will email you every day/week with updates. The prime time to buy a ticket is "usually" 2 months before your trip. But you never know. A deal may pop up earlier or later. But the later you wait, the higher the chances are of the prices going up.

Travel agencies usually have the lowest fares since they buy tickets in bulk. Find an agent that specializes in flights to the U.S. Happy hunting!

Not all agencies. Some do, but most don't match the deals you can find online...at least in my experience. But if you can find one, let us all know!!!

I did an extensive search last year using every online site I could think of and every travel agency recommended here on TV (yes, I'm retired and have lots of time to do this). In the end, going direct with the airline got me the best deal. But you never know...timing is everything. Ticket prices change constantly.

OP: What's your routing???

Thanks! Almost all the major search engines are in this thread, along with some good info.

I'd recommend using Kayak's alert system. Setup an alert for your desired dates and it will email you every day/week with updates. The prime time to buy a ticket is "usually" 2 months before your trip. But you never know. A deal may pop up earlier or later. But the later you wait, the higher the chances are of the prices going up.

Travel agencies usually have the lowest fares since they buy tickets in bulk. Find an agent that specializes in flights to the U.S. Happy hunting!

Not all agencies. Some do, but most don't match the deals you can find online...at least in my experience. But if you can find one, let us all know!!!

I did an extensive search last year using every online site I could think of and every travel agency recommended here on TV (yes, I'm retired and have lots of time to do this). In the end, going direct with the airline got me the best deal. But you never know...timing is everything. Ticket prices change constantly.

Usually go BKK to NRT to GEG... Bangkok to Narita to Spokane WA.

After crosschecking with most of the search engines, i find that www.momondo.com gives me the best prices, when flying from/to europe. For flights inside the ASEAN area, the websites of the airlines actually gives the best prices (eg. Airasia, Jetstar....etc.)

After crosschecking with most of the search engines, i find that www.momondo.com gives me the best prices, when flying from/to europe. For flights inside the ASEAN area, the websites of the airlines actually gives the best prices (eg. Airasia, Jetstar....etc.)

Just out of curiosity, how do the prices compare if you go direct with the airlines website???

Just out of curiosity, how do the prices compare if you go direct with the airlines website???

And how do the prices compare when you actually try to book it.

Most of the times I've tried they come up with completely different prices or your dates are not available at that price.

And how do the prices compare when you actually try to book it.

Most of the times I've tried they come up with completely different prices or your dates are not available at that price.

I have seen that frequently with Kayak searches in high season.

I have been using the ita searcher as mentioned in post #7 and then once I have 2 or 3 airlines optioned, I cross check with the airlines websites. I have noticed that Thai always seems way higher priced on ita and Kayak searches but these prices are never reflected at THAI's own website where they are marginally higher than the lowest but still mostly competitive.

Another option is to seek a dirt cheap one-way to the US and then buy the returning 'round-trip' ticket on a higher quality airline in the US. I have some friends coming from Houston on SQ via DME and SIN and they are paying less than $1000 per ticket. Same differentials can be found on United and their code-shares with ANA. Same applies for return travel to Bangkok originating in Europe. I have the family on KLM r/t's to the UK for around £1500 versus the equivalent of nearer £2500 buying on the same carrier and itinerary in Bangkok.

Try Mox travel in Bangkok ,google it ,they are 1st class always get the cheapest quotes ,but they change all the time so look every day or so

everything can be done online ,and print off your ticket.

Yea this mob are good, you can also pay for your flight via the ATM if you want.

Tried Skyscanner and got a price on ANA for 1163USD LAX-BKK

Tried asiatravel.com and got a price on Asiana for 766 USD. Same travel dates. The farther out your travel dates the cheaper it is.

Best I could get was 1444.09... For 766, I would Snap it up.... must have been one way

Tried Skyscanner and got a price on ANA for 1163USD LAX-BKK

Tried asiatravel.com and got a price on Asiana for 766 USD. Same travel dates. The farther out your travel dates the cheaper it is.

Best I could get was 1444.09... For 766, I would Snap it up.... must have been one way

Hi michaeld,

I flying back to Spokane and got round trip thru Delta for $1383.

Greg

Usually go BKK to NRT to GEG... Bangkok to Narita to Spokane WA.

I don't see ANY direct flights from NRT to GEG. What airlines services this route without a stop?