Canadian Sisters Found Dead In Thai Resort

webfact

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Always feel sorry when lives are gone in a short, mysterious circumstances without any chance of being with loved ones, writing last wishes, hugs etc. Wish there is closure to the families somehow and those suffering after the fact.

While the whole story to us audience is shocking news, mainly because we are not there, and only "news" we have are report that stresses the word "poisoning". It sorts of imprinted in the mind now. Whether negative or not.

So take it into a macro level. "Poisoning". What does it mean? And how where why, who?

1. Is it "food poisoning"? Is it poisoning from drinking alcohol at the restaurant, at a food stall, at the notorious Full Moon Parties?

2. Is it poisoning of medication via contra-indication? E.g. medication that are not supposed to be taken together, allergy, wrong medication, mixed with food, spicy, alcohol, wrong alcohol, fake liquor badly mixed?

3. Is it a purposely poisoning? Someone put poison onto the water or drink or food? Friend? New friend? Full moon party fake friend? Robbery friend? Staff?

4. Poisoning from accidental consumption? E.g. debris of rat poison positioned at top of ceiling fell like minute crumbs onto her unlucky glass of water that was lying directly under?

5. Poisoning because of drugs, be it on purpose? Or not, someone spiked it, at party? At drinks stall?

Carbonmonoxide poisoning maybe....

Such speculation is pointless and inappropriate on this thread.

RIP the two sisters and condolences to the parents who would never have expected to have been predeceased by BOTH their daughters. How they come to terms with that is beyond my comprehension.

• Like 1

Never to say here we go again....

So sad..... can you imagine the parents receiving the news, most probably by phone that both daughters were dead.... I can really feel their pain and anguish.

Yes this has been reported relatively quickly, but the thing is now to not drop the ball and let it be swept under the rug and forgotten. As best that I remember the last time around , with the Chiang Mai hotel deaths, the conclusion seemed to be some type of improper pesticide usage . And whatever make sure they don't hurry up and cremate the bodies like the last time down there.

Thoughts and prayers to the parents and those close to the two girls

G

Edited by Gonzo the Face
  • Like 2

"Their bodies were found a little after midday (Friday). They were sisters," Lieutenant Pongpan Waiyawat, of the island's police force told AFP.

Lt Siwa Saneha of Phi Phi Island Police Station told the Phuket Gazette, “We received a report at about 9pm yesterday, that two tourists' bodies were found in the same hotel room at the Phi Phi Palms Residence.

Good to see a real sense of urgency prevailed - NOT. Or is this police efficiency at their normal low standard?

Blue nails ....... feature of

Carbon monoxide poisoning ..... faulty water heater?

Cyanide poisoning .......... more likely as vomiting also caused.

Bleeding gums and vomiting .......... rat poison.

A sad and pointless loss of two young womens lives.

Edited by TommoPhysicist

Carbonmonoxide poisoning maybe....

Such speculation is pointless and inappropriate on this thread.

RIP the two sisters and condolences to the parents who would never have expected to have been predeceased by BOTH their daughters. How they come to terms with that is beyond my comprehension.

As long as their family will not be offended by the post, then I cannot see the problem.

It may give their family the added incentive they need to ensure that an investigation is carried out in Canada.

heheeh I have been coming to Thailand for 40 years no mafis problems, no scams, and no one hoping I die. Bad things happen to good people all of the time world wide. My best wishes to the family in their loss.

• Like 1

OMG, this is so tragic.

Two beautiful young girls, who had hardly begun to live their lives.

Surely, something must now be done to determine the cause of death so this can be prevented from ever happening again.

If this case concludes with inconclusive results, than it will a great travesty of justice.

It is about time the Thai authorities began taking these hotel deaths seriously and putting some real efforts into gaining a satisfactory conclusion to what is causing the wholesale fatalities of these hotel guests. And what are the governments of these innocent tourists doing or going to do to ensure that a complete and thorough investigation is going to be performed? Even if it means contributing financial assistance to the Thai police.

My Heartfelt sympathies, respects and thoughts are with the family of these two precious sisters at what must be a most tragic period in their lives.

Edited by Beetlejuice
  • Like 2

"They had skin lesions and it seemed that they had bled from the gums. Also, their fingernails and toenails were blue"

It sounds like the symptoms of a diving accident. isn't it ?

No, sounds nothing like diving at all.

• Like 1

"They had skin lesions and it seemed that they had bled from the gums. Also, their fingernails and toenails were blue"

Sounds like a strong poison,

cyanosis from oxygen cut off and blood pressure through the roof.

Could just be a simple case of really bad food poisoning, or like they had in Chiang Mai, pest control poison. The fact that they died together says they either ate the same thing or got it from the room. I'd like to think they were not murdered or committed a double suicide, which is still possible for the Thais to call if all else fails.

Decompression sickness perhaps? There is a long list of symptoms for this, some seem to match.

A terrible terrible tradegy I hope that findings will come out to prevent this happening again. It seems to be happening a lot this year with tourists beeing found dead in their rooms or on the grounds outside a high rise. My thoughts and prayers are with the parents of these two girls they must be distraught.

Decompression sickness perhaps? There is a long list of symptoms for this, some seem to match.

Rat Poison is widely used and covers most of the Symptoms.

Decompression sickness unlikely. Delt with that when I was a diving Instructor.

Could just be a simple case of really bad food poisoning, or like they had in Chiang Mai, pest control poison. The fact that they died together says they either ate the same thing or got it from the room. I'd like to think they were not murdered or committed a double suicide, which is still possible for the Thais to call if all else fails.

Two sisters dying in the same room at a very early age somehow I do not think the thai authorities will be able to cover this one up, and I would be very surprised if it was suicide, may the Rest in peace .

those poor young girls yes seems so many young people from all over the world seem to find themselve in diffecuties out there from druged up robbed drowning violence sexuall asult jet ski tuk tuk taxis problems and bar girls and ladyboys yet they still keep comming back i think if you look around the world it happening every where but maybe not so public and reporting not so open think if you keep yourself to yourself then you be ok and yes behave its a fact trouble will allways come to those who seek it