Rude & Disgusting Old Men In Public Pools

Hishoni1945

Hi Mr. Real-Deal

I have 2 large, nice condos in 2 well known middle to upper-middle class buildings with very mixed clientele. Unfortunately where there are cheap studios for rent, there will be low class tenants. This is often being discussed by us owners as most problems of any kind are caused by tenants, not owners. You are right, would I be living in North Shore or one of the top buildings, there might be less Pattaya trash. Was really upset that afternoon I started this topic, but am aware I would have to change cities/country to totally avoid that kind of people. Just hard to imagine somebody would not feel any embarrassment at all behaving like this.

At least we got a discussion going. Doubt the piggies read at all..

Have a nice evening. JH.

Can remember a thread a while back where a guy had a nice condo but the door opposite, a farang, had a lady or two that chucked their rubbish in the hall that stunk the place out. Seems the ladies were from the out back and he was an old drunk. You are not ''perfectly'' socially safe anywhere. sad.png

Hi Mr. Real-Deal

I have 2 large, nice condos in 2 well known middle to upper-middle class buildings with very mixed clientele. Unfortunately where there are cheap studios for rent, there will be low class tenants. This is often being discussed by us owners as most problems of any kind are caused by tenants, not owners. You are right, would I be living in North Shore or one of the top buildings, there might be less Pattaya trash. Was really upset that afternoon I started this topic, but am aware I would have to change cities/country to totally avoid that kind of people. Just hard to imagine somebody would not feel any embarrassment at all behaving like this.

Have a nice evening. JH.

Can remember a thread a while back where a guy had a nice condo but the door opposite, a farang, had a lady or two that chucked their rubbish in the hall that stunk the place out. Seems the ladies were from the out back and he was an old drunk. You are not ''perfectly'' socially safe anywhere. sad.png

Nice car...Reminds me of my younger years with my Black Golden Eagle....smile.png

Hi Mr. Real-Deal

Have a nice evening. JH.

Nice car...Reminds me of my younger years with my Black Golden Eagle....smile.png

Yeh, had mine till my older years. laugh.png

Condos. All the restrictions of apartment living, coupled with the risks of home ownership. bah.gif

No obvious risks if you rent. And the "restrictions" generally seem to be no dogs, no loud music, no burglars. All of which sounds pretty good to me, especially when combined with other "inconveniences" like a huge free guarded car-park, close proximity to the beach, restaurants, shops and public transport, and a cracking view. Not forgetting that I can shut the door and go away for an hour or a day or a month or a year without even having to think about what's happening whilst I'm away.

I keep trying to work out what I could possibly gain by living in a house in Thailand, and I still haven't got beyond "termites".

If you tell yourself enough times you will begin to believe it. Good luck with your rabbit hutch, I'll take my large house with private garden and 24/7 security any day of the week. Free car parking in my drive, 200m from the beach and close to the shops and restaurants. Maybe a cost issue?

Perhaps where you are you need 24/7 security. whistling.gif

i'll guess you mean 7-eleven security?rolleyes.gif

I keep trying to work out what I could possibly gain by living in a house in Thailand, and I still haven't got beyond "termites".

Coming home - straight into the gate and you're there.

For example, you have 10 bags of shopping. You arrive at your parking space at the condo. You walk to the lift or through the front door and then to the lift. You push the button, you wait and wait - then you crowd into a lift with 5 other people. When you arrive at your floor you get out and walk down a long corridor to your apartment. You fumble for your keys and finally you're home. If you had too much shopping for one trip, you go back down and start again.

Privacy is another plus of not living in a condo.

• Like 1

Coming home - straight into the gate and you're there.

For example, you have 10 bags of shopping. You arrive at your parking space at the condo. You walk to the lift or through the front door and then to the lift. You push the button, you wait and wait - then you crowd into a lift with 5 other people. When you arrive at your floor you get out and walk down a long corridor to your apartment. You fumble for your keys and finally you're home. If you had too much shopping for one trip, you go back down and start again.

Privacy is another plus of not living in a condo.

My condo has trolleys by the elevator for the convenience of those with a lot of shopping. Personally I don't need them as I never buy a lot of things at the same time.

I rarely have to wait more than a few seconds for an elevator, and wouldn't be bothered if I did as I'm in no hurry. I am alone in my elevator more often than not (perhaps other people see me coming). Whist in the elevator I prepare my key (just the one), so that I don't have to fumble later.

It must take me all of 30 seconds to walk from my unit to the elevator, and given that I always walk from the building to the main road anyway (if not much further), this is just an additional bit of well-needed exercise.

As for privacy, no one can see into my balcony or my unit (unless perhaps they are doing hang-gliding over Jomtien), so I don't understand how I could be any more private.

Somehow I doubt that people in houses have an easier time struggling to open their front gates (or waiting for the electric gate-opener to kick into action), undoing the multiple locks on their front doors, and then deactivating their alarms.

My condo has trolleys by the elevator for the convenience of those with a lot of shopping. Personally I don't need them as I never buy a lot of things at the same time.

I rarely have to wait more than a few seconds for an elevator, and wouldn't be bothered if I did as I'm in no hurry. I am alone in my elevator more often than not (perhaps other people see me coming). Whist in the elevator I prepare my key (just the one), so that I don't have to fumble later.

It must take me all of 30 seconds to walk from my unit to the elevator, and given that I always walk from the building to the main road anyway (if not much further), this is just an additional bit of well-needed exercise.

As for privacy, no one can see into my balcony or my unit (unless perhaps they are doing hang-gliding over Jomtien), so I don't understand how I could be any more private.

Somehow I doubt that people in houses have an easier time struggling to open their front gates (or waiting for the electric gate-opener to kick into action), undoing the multiple locks on their front doors, and then deactivating their alarms.

I certainly find it great living in a townhouse compared to an apartment building. I just park my bike right in front of my sliding doors and I'm straight in.

For privacy I mean you don't have security staff to greet, a front desk to pass and lots of people to meet in the lift and corridors. I understand this would vary from building to building. The worst I've seen is View Talay 2. That's a full time occupation just getting from the carpark to your unit. Lifts can also be very slow in any building and held up by people moving stuff.

Although you don't consider this an advantage, I find the difference significant enough never to want to live in a condo. I'm just giving you one reason why a townhouse can be more convenient. The security aspect of the condo is an advantage over a townhouse - and view if you have one. Also the value for money is a problem if you're not rich. It's hard to get an affordable condo with lots of storage space, even in a 2 bedroom, which is the minimum size I need.

Edited by tropo

I go swimming in a public pool to the shouts of Eureka.... I then witness kids explaining the Archimedes principles to each other.

I feel great after providing the stimulus for science discussion in the youth of today....

Anyway - No I've not seen this rather discussing personal / shared grooming going on at the Pool - Perhaps its the specific location of the Ops pool of preference ?

I think Hishoni (the one who wrote this forum) should stay in higher class hotels, then he/she may be able to avoid this trauma -- or like the other person wrote, just don't come to Pattaya.

As far as I can see it's only you who've suggested the OP should not to come to Pattaya, so maybe such disgusting behaviour sits well with you. Those of us from civilised countries and a proper upbringing expect a degree of personal hygene, consideration for others, basic decency and manners from other pool users whatever class of hotel they are guests of.

A few years back I was on an overland trip in South Africa. On our way we made a stop at a hotel which had a nice swimming pool - one of the South Korean ladys on our truck put washing powder in the pool and started doing her laundry...

Well if you have the best condo in a craphole it's still a craphole. Once again it's just another poblem that doesn't effect me because I don't hang around places like that. Sorry for your trouble but perhaps you saved someone else by pointing out that just because your condo is nice and middle classed doesn't mean they are not renting to others who are not. I would never rent or buy in a place that sold small 36sm type condos , people that live like that to long go crazy or are crazy to begin with !

Their was a place in pattaya that had a nice lux room for rent , I forget the place , but I noticed that while it was a great room it was the only one and the place was really a craphole , I would have had similar problems there so I decided not to rent it. So it really is a consideration when buying or renting on how many low priced places are available in or nearby where you are, so good post and maybe it will help someone aviod some problems.