Experience With Country Group Securities Or Other Brokerage Firm

Does anyone have any experience with Country Group Securities? http://www1.cgsec.co.th/corpweb/ They are a brokerage firm with offices all over Thailand. I'm interested in them because they agree to let me transfer my shares currently held in Europe if I open an account with them. For a number of reasons I need to close my account in Europe and have held some of these positions for more than 20 years. I don't want to sell them.

I tried Kim Eng and SCB but as I understand it, they only can deal with SET shares. SCB also requires a rather large cash deposit in order to open a brokerage account. Kim Eng did tell me that soon one can trade Singapore, Hong Kong, Malaysia and I forget what other markets but not now and not through the Chiang Mai office.

I also contacted Aberdeen but they only handle mutual funds.

Does anyone know anything about this place and/or does anyone have experience with any other brokerage firm in Thailand that will accept a transfer of shares traded on the AMS, SWX, FSE, etc.?

Admittedly they didn't seen to know too much at the C.M. office (but did send an extremely detailed follow-up email to me in perfect English). Also I went straight over there on the advice of Kim Eng's office and it wasn't until just now that I saw their website and see that they are a large company.

Any input will be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Bring your assets to Singapore, not to a country with a barely existing legal system.

Any names of firms that you would recommend? Can accounts be opened on-line or by notarized docs faxed, etc.?

Thanks for your input.

You need to travel there in person. Bring also proof of address with you. Depends on your amounts of assets and the bank if they want you as customer or not. Dress properly!