115,000 Baht To Fix A Broken Toe ! Or The Cheap Option Is .....

pattayadingo

I find it truly amazing that I can't name and shame a restaurant on here but to go after BPH, (deserved or not is fine)???????????

I don't feel I was 'going after' BPH. More a case of comparison? Maybe that is why the thread is running and also getting helpful information for others from this thread.

I was in no way having a go at your postings and agree they are very helpful, however if you tried this kind of thing with other businesses the thread would be closed.

I find it truly amazing that I can't name and shame a restaurant on here but to go after BPH, (deserved or not is fine)???????????

I don't feel I was 'going after' BPH. More a case of comparison? Maybe that is why the thread is running and also getting helpful information for others from this thread.

I was in no way having a go at your postings and agree they are very helpful, however if you tried this kind of thing with other businesses the thread would be closed.

I appreciate you were not having a go at my postings and hope my reply did not come across that way :)

I also understand your post and your point. :)

• Like 1

Truly an amazing story. I want to take out an accident insurance policy, can anyone recommend a good one? I have several Thai friends who have used the Banglamung hospital and all have been very satisfied.

I use Jack Levy of MBMG on South Rd. just by SEAT boats and on the same side. Other side of the road from Vietntiane restuarant turning.

I totally agree with 'Wavefloater' above. I am a qualified male nurse plus have many other medical qualifications including cardiology, neurology audiometry and lung function diagnosis. Have been in the medical arena all my life a good proportion of it in the Royal Army Medical Corps. You cannot do anything to fix a broken bone in the toe except immobilse it by strapping to the other toe and kepping off the foot as much as possible. I hate private medical insurance and the hospitals they sign up with, as too often procedures not required are done just to inflate the final bill, sometimes the extra procedures can be potentialy harmful to the injured party such as stated above. Anesthetic when not required. I myself have been in this situation and when I have questioned the doctors as to why they are doing this or that and they then realize I have a fairly extensive medical knowledge they tend to backoff.

• Like 1

There's many threads on here making comparisons of restaurants prices and food, mexican restuarants especially!!

You just can't say at XXX restaurant the food is rubbish and made me sick I'll never go back there.

Understood. It's a very difficult and touchy subject. Read HERE for some interesting information. As for the restaurants, are you replying to just any or ones that are forum sponsors????

Talking to one of my usual m/c taxi drivers this afternoon, he says the hospital on Soi Buakhao is also very good and cheap. That would have been better and closer for me. But the info was too late for me.

<snip>

Do they mean that one near Soi 15 ??

Is that really a Hospital ? I thought it was just a Health Center

Not sure. I'd have to ask him the actual address. But to me if he can recommend it to me it cannot be all bad.

I think you might be talking about Pattaya Memorial Hospital? Basically on the corner of Klang and 2nd road:

http://www.pattayame.../memo/index.php

Update on my earlier reply.

I now have a receipt and got them to write in English the name of the place.

It is Public Health Center, Pattaya.

As before 100 metres on the left past 18 coins restaurant going from Klang to Pattaya Thai. Creamy coloured building with red brick around the main doors and a big picture of the King over the main doors.

Wound cleaned and re-dressed 170 Baht. All very efficient. English OK if a little limited.

Certainly no complaints from me :)

Good for you! Pleased you are sorted mate.

I remember many moons ago being hospitalised in a Trat hospital and actually bartering for the price to be reduced.

No worries they said with a huge smile on their faces, and came down B20,000biggrin.png

• Like 1

Bangkok Hua Hin Hospital kept my wife over night for a broken toe and charged Bt 70,000. The Bangkok (Dusit) Group are OK but never, never agree to stay overnight. Even though thier room charges are Bt4000 a night you will end up paying at least Bt30-50,000 a night. They charge outrageous amounts for every little extra. They gave me oxygen when I was asleep and charged me a huge amount. It was quite unecessary. I only had mild food poisoning,