Do I Need To Take Por Lor Insurace As Well

thequietman

hi guys,

insurance up for renewal next month. i will stay with the company i was with last year.

however this year he says I still have to take the government compulsory insurance even though I am on a class A insurance policy. he says the government are insisting everyone has to take it or they cant get Road Tax for the vehicle from the local DMV.

i thought the compulsory insurance wasnt necessary if you have 1st class insurance.

is he trying to pull a swift one or have the laws changed as regards truck or car insurance ?

thanks for your help.

What they say is correct, you always need the compulsory insurance even when you choose to add first class insurance.

Sophon

PS! For a question such as this you would probably get better/more responses in the Motor Forum.

Edited by Sophon

No need, Sophon is correct. Everyone must purchase the Compulsory insurance in order to obtain vehicle tax. You don't have to buy it from the same company though, when you go to pay your tax at the LTD they'll have an agent on standby to sort it out for you.

You might seriously consider keeping BOTH policies with the same insurance firm. If you had an accident and you had two different company representatives involved they both might not agree on the best course of action for you the policy holder. It costs the same from most any company for the Compulsory insurance so why risk a "conflict" between firms. It also doubles your chances of the insurance company to make a mistake on your policy renewal form with maybe the wrong VIN number if you were with two different firms. The VIN number on your car or motorbike registration book must match the number on your compulsory policy.

• Like 1