America Man Killed By Homemade Firework?

YoungBrit

Sounds more like a bomb than a firework.

I'll guess we will never know the reason for this home made 'firework'.

RIP

Sounds like he could have been preapring a July 4th display...but why leaving also. RIP

What sort of firework was this guy making ? Sounds like he was packing a truck load of powder in tight to get the sort of explosion required to take of a hand. High explosion indeed.

If his nationality was different we would have all kinds of speculation and tangents now. At least he's saved from that.

Rest in Peace

That's a bit unfair Winnie, as far as Farangs are concerned, most of us are of the view that we are all here together: the word 'Farang' unites us in opposition to the very use of that term!

RIP to the unfortunate gent

Edited by OldeBellPedr

The day following this unfortunate accident my wife told me of it while reading the Thai Rath newspaper. Her English translation abilities not being the best I was able to extrapolate from her description of events that the victim was cleaning out the garage of their rental home when he came across a package left by a previous tenant. Without thinking he lit an exposed fuse with the intent of tossing it away to watch the explosion if any, much as we in America do on July 4 Independence Day. It is a tradition from early childhood. It exploded immediately taking most of his arm............and you know the rest of the story.

There is a moral here and I pray those reading this heed it and pass it on to other trusting souls. We are in a country in the midst of upheaval supported by violent people with dangerous methods. We as foreigners are not the target but can easily become a victim. Stay aware.................

May Mr. Christopher John , an American citizen, rest-in-peace.

Jolly Roger