Dad Suggests Coverup In Daughters' Thailand Deaths

webfact

The cover up was in play from the start, various differing stories - Ibuprofen, food poisoning, magic mushrooms, Portuguese tourists etc, etc

Investigations in this country by the BIB are a joke, and even if the autopsy has been carried out correctly, the BS at the beginning of the investigation will always leave doubt in many peoples minds.

I truly hope that there will be correct findings from the Canadian authorities, so at least the family can have some closure on all the suspicion around this.

As someone who has lived here for some time, I completely agree with this posting.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"First off, we take a moment to thank you for having brought us into this world in Canada, for giving us good values, for giving us the passion to travel, and especially to just for having been our parents. "

This final letter from Audrey to her parents sounds a bit like a goodbye letter...

Not the kind of words that you write in every letter.

Maybe they knew something was coming up

Although I hate to admit it ... I kind of thought that too ... Eeeks !!

I honestly believe if anything conclusive comes from the autopsy it will raise more questions than answers

Like I said before the two guys from Portugal are key, they must be found and questioned - could they have been drug dealers employed by the local police ? could they have supplied the girls (spiked their drinks) with a lethal cocktail of drugs to take advantage ??? the Scotish girl knew them and referred to them as friends, she was working there - were they ?

These three people need to be questioned and the Scotish girl needs elaborate more of what she knows and her relationship with the men from Portugal

• Like 1

"First off, we take a moment to thank you for having brought us into this world in Canada, for giving us good values, for giving us the passion to travel, and especially to just for having been our parents. "

This final letter from Audrey to her parents sounds a bit like a goodbye letter...

Not the kind of words that you write in every letter.

Maybe they knew something was coming up

Although I hate to admit it ... I kind of thought that too ... Eeeks !!

Sounds like kids high on life and very grateful to their parents who have given them so many opportunities. The bitter pill to swallow is parents perhaps feeling responsible for enouraging or permitting them to live this way. They shouldn't though. The parents did the right thing by letting their children live life to the fullest. I would be like father also thinking I should have insisted they not go to Thailand when I had the chance. Still, not his fault and Thailand is not really that dangerous overall. They just have their heads up their butts when something bad does happen.

I honestly believe if anything conclusive comes from the autopsy it will raise more questions than answers

Like I said before the two guys from Portugal are key, they must be found and questioned - could they have been drug dealers employed by the local police ? could they have supplied the girls (spiked their drinks) with a lethal cocktail of drugs to take advantage ??? the Scotish girl knew them and referred to them as friends, she was working there - were they ?

These three people need to be questioned and the Scotish girl needs elaborate more of what she knows and her relationship with the men from Portugal

Too bad Thai police didn't give a hoot about investigating this until Media frenzy and Canadian embassy got involved. Guess they were waiting for the reward offering before taking any initiative . . . Too late now.

I said that before they scarpered but after some thought actually there is nothing that could have been asked of these people until after the autopsy results are out. The apology note from Tinto and the fact that all three of them got out of Thailand as fast as they could is interesting. But again it all centres around the autopsy results. One question I did have which i haven't heard answered anywhere is when did the Portuguese guys check into the hotel that the girls were staying at? For me, coming home at the very early time of 1.10 am is also interesting, especially on a first night out in Phi Phi.

The other thought I had is even if it comes to light that there is something found in the girls autopsy which indicates that they had taken something or were slipped something -it is going to be impossible to prove one way or the other who did it. The trail is well cold.

The police said the Portuguese guys were not suspects -that is obvious they don't have the results of the autopsy so how can they be suspects. So it really is just wait for the results.

I said that before they scarpered but after some thought actually there is nothing that could have been asked of these people until after the autopsy results are out. The apology note from Tinto and the fact that all three of them got out of Thailand as fast as they could is interesting. But again it all centres around the autopsy results. One question I did have which i haven't heard answered anywhere is when did the Portuguese guys check into the hotel that the girls were staying at? For me, coming home at the very early time of 1.10 am is also interesting, especially on a first night out in Phi Phi.

The other thought I had is even if it comes to light that there is something found in the girls autopsy which indicates that they had taken something or were slipped something -it is going to be impossible to prove one way or the other who did it. The trail is well cold.

The police said the Portuguese guys were not suspects -that is obvious they don't have the results of the autopsy so how can they be suspects. So it really is just wait for the results.

Yeah, but I think the symptoms are more profound than just being slipped something. They got something poisonous: Food, poison, shrooms, or what ever. Maybe bad alcohol or whatever.

Seriously, do you think those guys would have left an apology note if INTENTIONALLY they did something really bad? Maybe they gave them a drink or something and thought they just could not handle it. All speculation, but I doubt someone slipping someone anything is going to leave an apology note.

Edited by ttelise

Yeah, but I think the symptoms are more profound than just being slipped something. They got something poisonous: Food, poison, shrooms, or what ever. Maybe bad alcohol or whatever.

Seriously, do you think those guys would have left an apology note if INTENTIONALLY they did something really bad? Maybe they gave them a drink or something and thought they just could not handle it. All speculation, but I doubt someone slipping someone anything is going to leave an apology note.

let me give you some facts

These people were with the girls the night this tragedy happened

The man who walked them home "was the last person to see them alive" according to CCTV footage

Although unclear right now he was also able to gain access to the room and leave a note

Why did he leave the note in the room ? were they dead at that point ?

Why suddenly did they all leave the country - the scotish girl couldn't as the hospital bill needed settled after her treatment - she then left in a hurry

If you ask me there is something going on between these 3 people and the police

How long were they in Thailand - why did they all leave suddenly after the bodies were found

Why didn't the police detain them ?

In my opinion they are all critical to solving this case and if there is a cover up they are part of it.

Sincere condolances to mr Belanger and his family. I cannot begin to think what they are going through. The situation in Thailand is really becoming worrying.Muggings stabbings so called suicides and of course the worst possible Murders. The Thai authorities really need to start getting a grip on the situation.Instead of covering up it they should be out getting rid of the scum responsible.. We are hearing it every day now its doing more harm than good covering up the situation.

I am glad I have left now. My son wanted to go to Phucket for a break but I have told him to give it a miss. I will definately think twice about coming back.

There are many nice places in Thailand but I would certainly give Phuket a miss. In fact I'll never go there again.

Sincere condolances to mr Belanger and his family. I cannot begin to think what they are going through. The situation in Thailand is really becoming worrying.Muggings stabbings so called suicides and of course the worst possible Murders. The Thai authorities really need to start getting a grip on the situation.Instead of covering up it they should be out getting rid of the scum responsible.. We are hearing it every day now its doing more harm than good covering up the situation.

I am glad I have left now. My son wanted to go to Phucket for a break but I have told him to give it a miss. I will definately think twice about coming back.

There are many nice places in Thailand but I would certainly give Phuket a miss. In fact I'll never go there again.

I'd love to hear the rationale for that decision.

The man who walked them home "was the last person to see them alive" according to CCTV footage

Although unclear right now he was also able to gain access to the room and leave a note

Why suddenly did they all leave the country - the scotish girl couldn't as the hospital bill needed settled after her treatment - she then left in a hurry

How long were they in Thailand - why did they all leave suddenly after the bodies were found

In my opinion they are all critical to solving this case and if there is a cover up they are part of it.

these are not "facts" they are allegations, assertions and questions.

Which just about sums up the quality of debate on the subject so far.

Edited by cowslip
  • Like 1

Facts or allegations. There may not even be a note or perhaps someone made the note to deflect to these boys.

Why would anyone slipping someone drugs leave a note apologizing.

How do we know they didn't alread have plans to leave?

How do we even know they actually exist?

First they said one guy on video, then two. The Scot girl said they took him (one guy) into custody.

The only true facts known are that they died which is astonishing. The Thai cops are either dirty or just real dumb.

Edited by ttelise

these are not "facts" they are allegations, assertions and questions.

Which just about sums up the quality of debate on the subject so far.

They are fact with my questions added - simple or should I say reported facts

and I think to most it's pretty obvious seamingly except for you sherlock

Facts or allegations. There may not even be a note or perhaps someone made the note to deflect to these boys.

Why would anyone slipping someone drugs leave a note apologizing.

How do we know they didn't alread have plans to leave?

How do we even know they actually exist?

First they said one guy on video, then two. The Scot girl said they took him (one guy) into custody.

The only true facts known are that they died which is astonishing. The Thai cops are either dirty or just real dumb.

perhaps I should have said - reported facts and questions they raise

I think generally most people here got the gist of what I'm getting at without the extra posts

Most important if the guys don´t have something to hide, why haven´t they steped forward? Edited by Skywalker69

Most important if the guys don´t have something to hide, why haven´t they steped forward?

Would you?

Possible Consequences .....

dragged back to Thailand for questioning (whose expense?) ........

loss of income (no wages coming in)

questioned for weeks by corrupt cops looking to pin something on you (while you lose your job/fail your college course due to absence).

possibility of committing suicide while under questioning .....

extradited to Canada for more questioning .....

I would give it a miss.

Edited by TommoPhysicist

Most important if the guys don´t have something to hide, why haven´t they steped forward?

Would you?

Possible Consequences .....

dragged back to Thailand for questioning (whose expense?) ........

loss of income (no wages coming in)

questioned for weeks by corrupt cops looking to pin something on you (while you lose your job/fail your college course due to absence).

possibility of committing suicide while under questioning .....

extradited to Canada for more questioning .....

I would give it a miss.

confessing to being drug dealers under the protection/employment of the local police, Scotish girl - step up to the plate and tell us the truth - what's going on here

What you're rightfully discussing is a very sensitive topic here in Thailand. Poisoning is the prefered method of killing spouses and even unwanted children in Thailand.'

Thai's dispose of husbands and wives using the 'slow kill' method of putting unauthorised prescription pills into coffee,beer,tea etc. every day and evening during meals. Many drug stores sell powerful drugs-under the table- that can rot your kidneys and liver. Police turn a blind eye to it. Many katoeys hang around these drug stores just over the river in west BKK.

Would you elaborate on this? What is the connection between poison and katoeys?

I would not step forward if I was innocent. Chances of getting a fair anything in something like this is remote at best.

I have no idea about the guys involvement, but I have never heard of an incident where one has slipped someone something dangerous or poisonous and left a note apologizing.

The note sounds contrived. No mention of note during first search of room or during first days after incident when they were alleging food poisoning. I said at that point they would best be served to find a foreign patsy, arrest the foreign patsy, and then tell everyone it was a foreigner, we got him and all safe now.

Well guess what, a week later after pressure from Canadian embassy and much bad publicity they "find a note" and they start shifting blame to foreigners that have already left and I bet they are doing little or nothing to actually find them. They could, but they act like they don't even know who they are and reports are inconsistent about whether one guy or two and whether they had guy on CCTV in custody for questioning immediately after.

I am not a conspiracy guy and don't believe in UFOs or Bigfoot absent better proof, but I do understand human nature, general behavior patterns of criminals and reasonable investigative techniques based on 17 years of being a lawyer. From day 1, it has been painfully obvious that nothing is at seems in this case.

ok forget the note

this guy was still the last person to see these girls alive, does that make it simple for you, we can work from there - unless the CCTV in the hotel was doctored - highly unlikely

nothing more to say on the matter

Experience with friend's here in Ranong. The family will have to keep on at the Embassy. Seeing how Malaysia and (in the case I saw something of ) Canada reacted was revealing. Western embassies are not here for the tourists and expats.

What this family needs right now is a good competent lawyer to go through every aspect of this case and piece it all together and see what floats to the top, I'm pretty sure there are many who would gladly do it for free