NASA Cancels Climate Studies In Thailand

webfact

You can't take air samples from a satellite in space.

And it is problematic to get air fly-over rights

if the country won't let you land or gas up.

Even if curing Montezuma's Revenge has military applications

and the military wanted to help finance curing it, that does not mean,

that it is not to be done nor has much greater benefit to the general public,

than the widest military usage.

Edited by animatic
  • Like 1

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Why would the Pentagon want to take air samples from a satellite? My point was only that the US or the Pentagon or whatever does not need this to keep tabs on China or anyone. We got that accomplished and we have drones that can stay aloft for days at a time.

That being said, maybe the CIA really just wanted to use this project to drop chemicals over Thailand and study there effects or perhaps it was a front for our UFO alien buddies and they were going to clone the Thais and take over the PAD so Thaksin could come back. I dunno and guess we will never find out now

Edited by ttelise
  • Like 1

Why would the Pentagon want to take air samples from a satellite? My point was only that the US or the Pentagon or whatever does not need this to keep tabs on China or anyone. We got that accomplished.

That being said, maybe the CIA really just wanted to use this project to drop chemicals over Thailand and study there effects or perhaps it was a front for our UFO alien buddies and they were going to clone the Thais and take over the PAD so Thaksin could come back. I dunno and guess we will never find out now

The Pentagon wouldn't.

Nasa who does huge amount of atmospheric research

and regularly sub projects for may university doctoral Professors

and Post-Grad projects would.

I have little doubt the Pentagon or CIA,NSA/NIS etc has massive amounts

of intelligence gathering focused on China at any given time and completely in the black.

There is hardly likely a pressing need to install something else NOT in China,

in such a public way, with the obvious risks of dealing with Thai politicians to do it.

The only likely nation dropping chemicals on purpose over Thailand

is THAILAND trying to make rain. But every time a high altitude jet

leaves a normal vapor trail, the conspiracy theorists start going

apoplectic over 'Chem-Trails'.

I saw one jet fly over head this week, and went in and saw the expected

freaked out message about it from someone.

Edited by animatic

Why would the Pentagon want to take air samples from a satellite? My point was only that the US or the Pentagon or whatever does not need this to keep tabs on China or anyone. We got that accomplished.

The Pentagon wouldn't.

Nasa who does huge amount of atmospheric research

and regularly sub projects for may university doctoral Professors

and Post-Grad projects would.

I have little doubt the Pentagon or CIA,NSA/NIS etc has massive amounts

of intelligence gathering focused on China at any given time and completely in the black.

There is hardly likely a pressing need to install something else NOT in China,

in such a public way, with the obvious risks of dealing with Thai politicians to do it.

Yep, you right. You are also right about autonomy in a lot of respects that you posted on another thread relating to NASA budgeting. I surf a lot at Coca Beach next to Cape Canaveral. Apparently, NASA has been hit by huge budget cuts in addition to scrubbing space shuttle program. This kind of blows for NASA who are probably just trying to maintain an existence and keep families from being out of work.

I also think many are underestimating the importance of climate studies right now. I gave always been like whatever when people mention Global warming, but it hit 105 here today and 107 yesterday. These are both all time hughes for any date and this is only June.

I had a chat with a man in a dark suit in a Sukhumvit bar on Friday night and it proved to be quite revealing.

It transpires that NASA is a bit strapped for cash nowadays and is having to retire its fleet of Space Shuttles. There is a project underway to look at cheaper technologies as well as older solutions in order to have a more cost effective space program.

It has been noted that Thailand's rural communities are leading the way it inexpensive rocket technology and project "Bung Fai" has been launched to understand as much as possible from the Baan Nok rocket scientists.

The military observation aircraft will record rocket launches and it is intended for them to swoop in where possible to recover the blue PVC tubes for study.

Edited by Moruya
  • Like 1

In my university once, a scientist came up with a perfect remedy for Montezuma's Revenge....but he was roundly criticised for accepting research funds from the Pentagon, since the remedy would be used to make it easier for US troops to do their job better when invading the latest banana republic in Central America.

Was that the cork on a tampax like string idea?

Essentially NASA is 'Between Technologies'.

Lack of foresight by politicians ( big surprise) slowed the next generation of Space Vehicle, it's gonna happen, but too late to overlap the metal fatigue lifespan of the space shuttles. and the cost of rebuilding Space shuttles was better spent to develop the newer SCRAMJET and other things looking a head. Lot's of stuff in testing now, and probabilities of success good.

So they have been sharing old school payload space with Russia to keep satellites and Space Station manning happening. And taking paid projects closer to earth, but well suited to their technical skills and scientifically useful. This Thailand project would be in this latter class.

NASA is a world wide useful scientific and technical resource of a high order.

• Like 2

Essentially NASA is 'Between Technologies'.

Lack of foresight by politicians ( big surprise) slowed the next generation of Space Vehicle, it's gonna happen, but too late to overlap the metal fatigue lifespan of the space shuttles. and the cost of rebuilding Space shuttles was better spent to develop the newer SCRAMJET and other things looking a head. Lot's of stuff in testing now, and probabilities of success good.

So they have been sharing old school payload space with Russia to keep satellites and Space Station manning happening. And taking paid projects closer to earth, but well suited to their technical skills and scientifically useful. This Thailand project would be in this latter class.

NASA is a world wide useful scientific and technical resource of a high order.

The one and only in it's class, in fact.

You have to wonder what the Thai goverment and more specifically the Democrats were so afraid might be discovered by the NASA flights. biggrin.png

Something is going on out there, perhaps its the location where they come up with disinformation.

The Emerald Buddha Robe ceremony

The Erawan shrine incident

The Finland plot

The Preah Vear Temple dispute

Perhaps the NASA plane would have located the headquarters where these conspiracies are crafted. Such things cannot be permitted. thumbsup.gif

NASA Cancels Climate Studies In Thailand?

This must be a direct order from Thaksin himself.

Now that his alleged Green Card application is going nowhere.

Ya I agree. Thaksin is a bad guy. Bad, bad, bad.

You have to wonder what the Thai goverment and more specifically the Democrats were so afraid might be discovered by the NASA flights. biggrin.png

Something is going on out there, perhaps its the location where they come up with disinformation.

The Emerald Buddha Robe ceremony

The Erawan shrine incident

The Finland plot

The Preah Vear Temple dispute

Perhaps the NASA plane would have located the headquarters where these conspiracies are crafted. Such things cannot be permitted. thumbsup.gif

Reading too much wiki have you?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sondhi_Limthongkul

Thanks to the bravery of the Democrat Party and the resourcefulness of the People's Alliance for Democracy, the Thai people (and all us wise and loyal farang) now know the truth behind "NASA's" request for a so-called climate study center at U-Tapao: it's a facility to control the weather and cause natural disasters, granted to the US so that they can give Thaksin a US visa. It would be equivalent to surrendering Thai sovereignty to the US, and allowing them to use Thai soil to wage war against their enemies.

Source: http://prachatai.com/english/node/3275

The editors at Prachatai are red-shirt cowards who refused to show the full evidence that the PAD revealed: that prototype weather control facilities have already been used to cause untold harm to China and other allies of Thailand.

Source: http://www.manager.c...D=9550000075998

When the Democrat Party allowed the US to use U-Tapao for Operation Enduring Freedom, at least that was visible to the public. But who knows what nasty secret plans the US has for this scary new super-weapon?

Christ, Im not sure if this is <deleted> or not.

Thanks to the bravery of the Democrat Party and the resourcefulness of the People's Alliance for Democracy, the Thai people (and all us wise and loyal farang) now know the truth behind "NASA's" request for a so-called climate study center at U-Tapao: it's a facility to control the weather and cause natural disasters, granted to the US so that they can give Thaksin a US visa. It would be equivalent to surrendering Thai sovereignty to the US, and allowing them to use Thai soil to wage war against their enemies.

The editors at Prachatai are red-shirt cowards who refused to show the full evidence that the PAD revealed: that prototype weather control facilities have already been used to cause untold harm to China and other allies of Thailand.

When the Democrat Party allowed the US to use U-Tapao for Operation Enduring Freedom, at least that was visible to the public. But who knows what nasty secret plans the US has for this scary new super-weapon?

I guess that's the reaction that the PAD were hoping for... throw enough mud, some of it's bound to stick.

Could someone tell me about Prachtai?

Some scientists believe that Southeast Asia is the primary place where new air is transported into the stratosphere

Hot air emanating from Thai parliament house may prove to be the sole cause of global warming?

Your comments made an article on the WSJ ... http://blogs.wsj.com/searealtime/2012/06/29/nasa-cancels-thailand-project-amid-controversy/ (see last paragraph)

• Like 1