NASA Cancels Climate Studies In Thailand

webfact

Does anyone have factual data as to when this request was made? Was it a few months ago, or August last year. If it was August last year, who was setting on the request, and why? If it was only a few months ago, than how can NASA think that any government would approve it in such a short time.

By all accounts, the initial INFORMAL request was made to, and INFORMALLY approved by the Abhisit government. It is unfortunate that people at NASA and the US Government assumed that this was now a mere formality and were unaware that the actual request for access to Thailand for their scientific endeavours would be hijacked by the yellow-shirts and Democrats and used for local political gain.

Does anyone have factual data as to when this request was made? Was it a few months ago, or August last year. If it was August last year, who was setting on the request, and why? If it was only a few months ago, than how can NASA think that any government would approve it in such a short time.

By all accounts, the initial INFORMAL request was made to, and INFORMALLY approved by the Abhisit government. It is unfortunate that people at NASA and the US Government assumed that this was now a mere formality and were unaware that the actual request for access to Thailand for their scientific endeavours would be hijacked by the yellow-shirts and Democrats and used for local political gain.

Only a fool would assume the US government has other countries' best interest at heart.

A request like this deserves careful scrutiny, but unfortunately the Pheua Thai government has spent the last few months trying to whitewash the crimes of their esteemed leader and followers, nothing else matters to them.

• Like 1

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thailand isn't a very strategic position in the grand scheme of things. South Korea and Japan should be the major concern for China.

It's just more nationalistic propaganda that a political party can use against another. Democrats beating the drum.

Quite!!! Don't tell Thailand they are not in a very strategic position...the truth will hurt them too much...too many Thai HiSo's and certain ones with political agendas think Thailand is the center of the universe...or should I say a universe they want to keep mired in the past.

Center of the universes renal ejection system they way this is going.

Very saddening.

It is very possible the Dems just manipulated the Please Thaksin Party into

making an grand international mistake, because they are so knee jerk to do the

opposite of the Dems at all times.

• Like 1

Thailand is just mirroring the behavior of their benefactor, the US. They are demonstrating analysis paralysis on a simple matter of diplomatic courtesy, just as the US government is in gridlock and can get nothing done due to politics taking precedent over the good of the people.

To those concerned that the converted U2's will be used for spying, please. Overflight surveillance has been obsolete ever since the Keyhole program was put into place decades ago. They can read the numbers off a license plate via satellite, so no need for overflights.

IMO this is a good thing as the US cannot afford to continue being the benefactor to the world, borrowing money and paying interest, only to give those funds away via programs such as this one. Mobilizing the NASA teams and equipment to SEA is not an inexpensive proposition, so I see the stopping of this program as a tax savings to the little guy that winds up footing the bill for the philanthropy of the US elites.

• Like 1

So, based on this irresponsible response, when the next tsunami, quake or flood hits Thailand I assume the Thai government won't be calling the USA for assistance.

Did Thailand ask for aid from the US after the last Tsunami?

I wish they would have let the US NASA use the base but Thailand has also has a powerful neighbor they need to not upset. They gain nothing nor do they lose anything by neither saying yes or no.

Only a fool would assume the US government has other countries' best interest at heart.

A request like this deserves careful scrutiny, but unfortunately the Pheua Thai government has spent the last few months trying to whitewash the crimes of their esteemed leader and followers, nothing else matters to them.

I assume you are Thai from you user name but this post shows exactly whats wrong with Thailand.

Its 2 sides against each other and the other side is always wrong, look at the previous posts this request were submitted to the previous government and they could have handled it.

The current government chickened out so they are no matter.

The lines are drawn and its only going to get worse.

Thailand can be compared to the USA 2 parties run by extremists that will do everything to gain power.

So, based on this irresponsible response, when the next tsunami, quake or flood hits Thailand I assume the Thai government won't be calling the USA for assistance.

I wish they would have let the US NASA use the base but Thailand has also has a powerful neighbor they need to not upset. They gain nothing nor do they lose anything by neither saying yes or no.

Don't know if they asked for assistance but as recent as the previous floods US troops helped.

I am not a huge supporter of the US but they are good at helping out when there are a crisis like the tsunami or other things because of their huge presence all over the world and their massive resources.

Don't know if they asked for assistance but as recent as the previous floods US troops helped.

I am not a huge supporter of the US but they are good at helping out when there are a crisis like the tsunami or other things because of their huge presence all over the world and their massive resources.

Agree with the US helping and no doubt they helped out during the Tsunami which I am sure many are Thankful. I just had recalled Thaksin initially refusing the offers of foreign aid. So, I doubt there was any official "requests" for aid.

MIssed again....... the link between NASA and et al.

Weather studies. Need to dig deep to see what's going on down under the ground that affects the weather, and we also think there may be untapped sources of some good alloys....... and maybe even some black liquids..... clap2.gif

Couldn't fool the Russian's with wrong shadows and winds, and can't fool the daftest of Thai's - you gotta be kiddin' me?

-mel. ;) (pass take)

true, but that's not a consideration for the tosser politicians. All they are thinking is "how have you yanks made me richer recently? How will you make me richer in the future? Cos the Chinese are....hint hint...."

This is what the US has to deal with thanks to its record of aggression and asserting itself on smaller countries. This mission was most likely in good faith and would have been beneficial to the causes of science and environmentalism, but the world is simply wary and distrustful of the US, Thailand included. I'm American, but the truth is obvious even to me.

Yeah, and the 1969 moon landing was a fake, right?

I am Thai and I am grateful for everyone who against this plan.

Of course.. Thailand doesn't need any fairly good paying jobs or any extra money coming into it's country. We're Thai, we don't need any stinkin jobs, right? We have Thaksin. Our savior. the light of the world. Jeez.

• Like 1

This is what the US has to deal with thanks to its record of aggression and asserting itself on smaller countries. This mission was most likely in good faith and would have been beneficial to the causes of science and environmentalism, but the world is simply wary and distrustful of the US, Thailand included. I'm American, but the truth is obvious even to me.

Total tosh. Tell me where ''your'' country ''started'' a war ?

The legacy of Bush has yet to be erased in our lifetimes it may never be,.

Give him a few days to review the movies he has watched; in one of those movies the U.S. must have been the evil villain...maybe he got the U.S. confused with Goldfinger (or Goldmember).

The legacy of Bush has yet to be erased in our lifetimes it may never be,.

Young Bush finished what Old Bush should have. Right or Wrong Old Bush made a mistake.

If you are truly an American, you should be ashamed of your self. I don't think you would know the truth if it hit you in the face. Now please stop embarrassing the rest of us proud Americans and KMFA !

The US military has been studying monsoon climates since the 60's when they successfully extended monsoon conditions (for at least 4 weeks) through cloud seeding in Vietnam in order to flood the HCM Trail. It was successful.

Any 'true Americans' who can't understand why the rest of the world may be wary of NASA's motives should read the military paper "Weather As A Force Multiplier: Owning The Weather in 2025. Military Applications Of Weather Modifications". I posted a link to a History Channel documentary on 'weather weapons' in an earlier post, but it was deleted, twice. You can Google it.

As you say, you are an American, and I respect your right to your opinion, but I do feel that you should know or agree that it takes more to be a real AMERICAN than just a passport or birth certificate. Think about it.

Ah a new spin on the typical posts...American's accusing American's of vile anti-American rhetoric...Kerryk...where are you buddy ?

I shall get my popcorn and enjoy the show....

I am curious to know exactly what "A real American is ?...John Wayne ?....he was a hairdresser...laugh.png

Indiana Jones? Seriously.. if people can stop think about themselfs.. This is just sad for the Thai sceintists and the picture of the whole country...

Indiana jones cant be a real American his daddy is Scottish..!

Whoaaaa, hold up there pilgrim.. you can't be talking about John Wayne like that. That's hitting WAY below the belt. Where's the moderators when you need them? cowboy.gif

Thanks to the bravery of the Democrat Party and the resourcefulness of the People's Alliance for Democracy, the Thai people (and all us wise and loyal farang) now know the truth behind "NASA's" request for a so-called climate study center at U-Tapao: it's a facility to control the weather and cause natural disasters, granted to the US so that they can give Thaksin a US visa. It would be equivalent to surrendering Thai sovereignty to the US, and allowing them to use Thai soil to wage war against their enemies.

Source: http://prachatai.com/english/node/3275

The editors at Prachatai are red-shirt cowards who refused to show the full evidence that the PAD revealed: that prototype weather control facilities have already been used to cause untold harm to China and other allies of Thailand.

Source: http://www.manager.c...D=9550000075998

When the Democrat Party allowed the US to use U-Tapao for Operation Enduring Freedom, at least that was visible to the public. But who knows what nasty secret plans the US has for this scary new super-weapon?

Oh Dear!

Wow with all these David Icke believers, roll on December.

What's happening in December ? Jehovah Witnesses have had their turn, ''Pray'' tell. huh.png

Hint Mayan calander.

OK, back to Google, again. rolleyes.gif

The world will end on 21st December 2012.

What! You didn't know? You would have looked such a fool celebrating Christmas on your own.

Have to love the so-called Democrats. They approve the project when they are in power (nb. not through a free vote of the electorate), then when a duly-elected government takes over from them and looks to reaffirm this approval, the Dems do a switch and make all sorts of dubious claims, i.e., the plan is a threat to national sovereignty and part of a plan to help Thaksin. Their credibility is shredded further. Of course, the fine folk at TV, who jump on the PT party for trying to 'push through' constitutional reform without 'sufficient debate' are again on the backs of the PT, this time for opening the issue to parliamentary debate. Go figure...

• Like 1

I just want to know who thinks a DC-8 or a Gulfstream 5, or even a EV-2 looks anything like a U2 spy plane? Just because NASA has used them in the past and the BKK Post found a file photo of one does not make it part of this experiment. Once again the government has taken a good offer that would benefit Thailand and thrown it away. I guess there was not enough on the table to make it worth their while.

I just want to know who thinks a DC-8 or a Gulfstream 5, or even a EV-2 looks anything like a U2 spy plane? Just because NASA has used them in the past and the BKK Post found a file photo of one does not make it part of this experiment. Once again the government has taken a good offer that would benefit Thailand and thrown it away. I guess there was not enough on the table to make it worth their while.

Well, perhaps LOS required payment from USA to help LOS. sad.png

Hint Mayan calander.

The world will end on 21st December 2012.

What! You didn't know? You would have looked such a fool celebrating Christmas on your own.

I'm actually looking forward to it as the rapture will whisk away all the numpties and leave us heathens here to enjoy life without someone looking down their long noses at us in judgement. I know, wishful thinking, but one can hope. tongue.png

• Like 1

U.S. Embassy spokesman Walter Braunohler said Thursday that NASA can't wait because the climate study focuses on regional weather patterns that occur only in August and September.

He says it is too early to say whether NASA will revisit the project next year.

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.co...l#storylink=cpy

Huh. Walter is a friend of mine, actually. I was surprised to see his name pop up here.

• Like 1